• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

ocean

Banned
Finished getting my last character, a titan, to 40 tonight. Guess my next step is getting to a decent light level on the titan and warlock.

Tip: Rank Dead Orbit up on your Warlock if you like PvP. Their vendor armor set is all DIS+STR (with Sniper ammo buff), which lets you use a Sunsinger in all its glory.

Alright.

Grasp with Rangefinder and Hand Laid Stock is not too shabby. I tried it with Perfect Balance but the spread was laughable.

I also gave the PDX 45 from the Gunsmith this week another shot. It's much better with the SPO 28 sight.

I need to mess around with them both in Trials this weekend to really give them the full test.

D_psipher

And I like you assholes.

I read the entire quote and I agree as I am one of the people that will be heading to New York next week. But when new content drops some people will come back. I think the bonds of this community are stronger than a content drought though. Hopefully Bungie learns from their mistakes, although history shows they haven't. Forever 319 is the new Forever 29. Yes, I am a little salty and I don't even chase 320. It is the lack of thought and/or testing/reasoning that irritates me. But I am rambling. Basically yeah people will leave. Some for good, some temporarily. But DGAF is still here.

MildSoss

Alright.

Grasp with Rangefinder and Hand Laid Stock is not too shabby. I tried it with Perfect Balance but the spread was laughable.

I also gave the PDX 45 from the Gunsmith this week another shot. It's much better with the SPO 28 sight.

I need to mess around with them both in Trials this weekend to really give them the full test.

Yeah, that SPO 28 sight seems like it gives some crazy AA, it just sticks to their head. Wish i would of kept an order so I could of picked up this weeks pdx. :(

Clean your pores my child. Only then will be frabjous.

PUKUReF.gif

Our resident Cryptarch hasn't posted in a while but he could probably set you up for some competitive matches, he plays with a lot tryhards

Haha it seems like everyone is trying to sweat these days, and mostly on PS4 now

I've completed King's Fall a few times on normal, but never on hard.

Is there any advice you'd give to someone who's gonna try it for the first time? Thanks!

1 post in the last 2 hours and Destiny dropped to the 2nd page. I don't think I've ever seen it this dead.

Come on, good trials map please!

Happy Birthday Nami!

Is there any advice you'd give to someone who's gonna try it for the first time? Thanks!

1. There are no error that can't be fixed...except a dead guardian.
2. Find a group with patience.
3. Read up on nm vs him difference s.

GhaleonEB

I haven't watched the Dreadnaught ride along, but am looking forward to doing so. And the vidoc about the audio team next week is a nice surprise. I hope this sort of thing keeps up; it's clear the community team is looking to expand beyond just the BWU's which is a good thing.

In part because this kind of writing really is downright painful to read:

And, to point out the elephant in the room (and the salt in our chat window), we know we’re on the hook to tell you more about the next things we’ll do to infuse your PvE lifestyle with new challenges. Those shows are being planned, too. Hang in there and we’ll create some renewed urgency to discharge your favorite weapon in the direction of some aliens. They've got it coming.
The BWU was light but it still had a couple paragraphs of this. I know Deej can write in plain English from his Reddit posts. I hope he starts doing so on b.net.

I try not to complain about this kind of thing as it feels petty, but the BWU is the primary outlet for information from Bungie to the community, currently, and they are very badly written. Still.

milkham

know the differences between normal mode and hard mode. I'm a bit rusty on what happens in normal but i think this is it
1) there's no halfway platform in the ship jumping puzzle
2) yellow bar knights will come out during totems, so be ready to take them down in the middle, call out which side they're going to if you can't kill them, be ready to kill them before they kill you if you're on the totem when they're coming.
3) The Warpriest will gain extra powers after each phase in his fight, those blinding balls that taken captains throw, the retaliation thing taken hobgoblins have i don't remember what else. They're mostly inconsequential if the team is staggering him but be ready to back up into a titan bubble if people are missing shots.
4) While you're in the pool DPSing Golgoroth one person will get a debuff called Unstable Light. If it's you, your screen will turn green at the edges and you will have a timer in the bottom left of your screen. you have like 6 seconds to get away from your teammates or they will die when it explodes. Sometimes people forget to look for it so it doesn't hurt to ask who has it.
5) On daughters the second timer starts as soon as you can safely move, so you have to be ready to carry out your assigned role as soon as possible. If your job is jumping on the first plate, you can get on right away even if the person who is torn hasn't gotten there yet.
6) At Oryx, whenever an Ogre dies, a Lighteater Knight will spawn diagonally across from where the ogre spawned. When the ogre dies, you must turn to look for the knight or he will run across and eat the bomb. One sniper headshot and one bodyshot is all it takes to kill it. If you can't kill it, call it out as soon as you can so other's can help you get it down.

But really THE most important thing to do is let the rest of the fireteam know you that you have not done it before so they can explain it to you show you where the knights are fully explain the strategy they're using instead of assuming everyone knows whats going on.

I just left an LFG group on oryx because there was one guy who didn't say anything, didn't know to kill the knight, then didn't know which knight to kill, then didn't say anything when he couldn't kill it. Wipe after wipe that we could have avoided if he communicated to us.

Don't die.

Revives are disabled so try your best to say alive. Don't get too overzealous killing enemies and make sure you back up and heal if you're low on health.

Hard raid has some extra 'mechanics' that are not found in the normal raid, so make sure you're aware of them before you tackle hard mode. (edit: as explained my milkham in previous post)

Communicate everything with you team - reloading, healing, major enemy heading your/their way, time left on a debuff, etc.

Worst weekly update ever, its like watching a car crash in slow motion. The Division doesn't really appeal to me but i might jump in as they seem to be doing/saying all the right things

Also the Baboon and Weasel errors have nothing to do with other systems being online its all down to the Crimson ghost patch as that was when the game started booting me for no reason or constant contacting servers (single PS4 hard wired)

Acidote

Yes! After 8 peregrine greaves I finally don't have to use more boot engrams.

Yeah quick reminder to everyone, just pick this up and infuse it if you want it since Xur doesn't sell exotic boot engrams. It can only be decrypted from exotic boot drops or legendary engrams.

the_id

Xur's offerings this week:

MK44 Stand Asides
Graviton Forfeit
Nothing Manacles
HAWKMOON

Legacy Primary engram
Graviton forfeit get. Have been busy with real life. What's been happening in the last few days? Did the community enjoy the bungie ride along? I thought that was great. And the weekly update sounds like it's building to something amazing. I believe!!!!

Graviton forfeit get. Have been busy with real life. What's been happening in the last few days? Did the community enjoy the bungie ride along? I thought that was great. And the weekly update sounds like it's building to something amazing. I believe!!!!

Go back to real life, more happening there than at Bungie.

Ride-along was 4-5 months too late.

Community is divided over The Division :p

dansgaming_normal.gif
or are we being

Posted on Reddit but this shows how much nonsense they've talked this year

Bungie Weekly Update – 01/21/2016

We know that many of you wanted more news beyond our February event. We know that your imaginations for how we might challenge you next are limitless, and we love you for that. It’s why we do what we do.
Very soon, we’ll have more to share about a second, larger game update that will arrive sometime after February. There are more stories about 2016 that remain to be told, and you’ll learn more as soon as I get my own anxious hands on the full and final details. Same goes for the rest of the February update. Until it’s ready to be scrutinized under the spotlight, it’s all a work in progress.

Bungie Weekly Update - 01/29/2016

The February Update includes more than Crimson Days. There are more bullets we’ll be firing to impact the quality of your Guardian lifestyle. Pay us a visit next week for a preview.
Your faithful Community Team pledges to lead the conversation as we support the game we are playing now, and bring you along as the world you know changes.

This Week At Bungie 02/04/2016

We’ll be back next week with something else to share.

This Week At Bungie 02/11/2016

Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.
Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017. As work wraps up in the weeks ahead, look for more details about the Spring content, as well as more information about our bigger projects in the months that follow.
Thanks for your patience, and thanks for playing.

This Week At Bungie - 02/18/2016

Last week, we gave some definition to the future with a roadmap for new Destiny content. With some fresh promises whispered on the wind, we’re getting ready to talk more about life behind the scenes in our secure development compound. Thus, we’re breaking new ground that will enable us to communicate with you more.

This Week At Bungie - 02/25/2016

This week was admittedly light on news, but this is no time for radio silence. It wouldn’t be Thursday without #MOTW. The rituals must be obeyed. The weeks to come should get heavier. Promises made will be kept. In the meantime, we’re making games and making plans to bring you up to speed on our progress.

This Week At Bungie - 03/03/2016

And, to point out the elephant in the room (and the salt in our chat window), we know we’re on the hook to tell you more about the next things we’ll do to infuse your PvE lifestyle with new challenges. Those shows are being planned, too. Hang in there and we’ll create some renewed urgency to discharge your favorite weapon in the direction of some aliens. They've got it coming.

Klyka

Banned
I read the entire quote and I agree as I am one of the people that will be heading to New York next week. But when new content drops some people will come back. I think the bonds of this community are stronger than a content drought though. Hopefully Bungie learns from their mistakes, although history shows they haven't. Forever 319 is the new Forever 29. Yes, I am a little salty and I don't even chase 320. It is the lack of thought and/or testing/reasoning that irritates me. But I am rambling. Basically yeah people will leave. Some for good, some temporarily. But DGAF is still here.

I haven't booted Destiny up since the Sparrow racing. I will head into New York on Tuesday and enjoy my time with it.
But the moment Destiny releases content that looks fun to me, I'll boot up the ol' PS4 and jump in.
It's just how it goes with these games. Content is king.

ocean

Banned
Deej is basically the Speaker right now going full on "I COULD tell you what you wanna know. But look at these videos"

ocean

Banned
It's shocking for me to see people rocking King's Fall armor on Titans. It's so gross. High light isn't worth it if you look that ugly, infuse that into some proper armor set :p Iron Banner, New Monarchy, PS Sublime set, Trials set...literally any and every armor in the game looks better.

It's shocking for me to see people rocking King's Fall armor on Titans. It's so gross. High light isn't worth it if you look that ugly, infuse that into some proper armor set :p Iron Banner, New Monarchy, PS Sublime set, Trials set...literally any and every armor in the game looks better.

Only reason to use raid armor is for the raid specific perks... at least for the chest, boots and gloves.

I had a very interesting morning in Destiny today.

I spent roughly 500 strange coins on Heavy Ammo Synth this morning. Let me tell you from experience, it takes forever to spend 500 coins on Heavy Ammo Synths. After filling Xur's pockets with gold I ran across the tower to the FWC leader and began bombarding her with Heavy Ammo. I think FWC is all set in that department now. You're welcome.

Thanks to all that Heavy, I rocketed up from Rank 2 right to Rank 25. Along the way I nabbed all the emblems and shaders. Surprisingly, I only got one FWC ship. I also got a bunch of random weapons and a full set of FWC gear. Let me just say this, FWC Hunter gear, is by far, my new favorite set in the game. The aesthetics are something right out of a late 70s science fiction movie. The shaders look absolutely gorgeous on that armor. Why didn't anyone tell me the helmet flashes FWC across the visor? Seriously, Hunter FWC is GOAT.

Now, I hit Rank 25 and decided to knock out a few Heroic Strikes(I still need 7 more Frenden, Igor, Drizz). After that I got ready for work and said, "What the heck" I ran the daily PVP. I loaded into a control match on First Light. Yup, we were down by A LOT and had about a minute to play. We didn't win and I ended the match with a 0.4 KD. The very last on the leader board. But wait...what dropped at the end? My third Party Crasher +1. What roll did I get you ask?

Field Choke

Full Auto
Rifled Barrel
Last Resort

It was a good morning in Destiny.

SpecX

Nice, I wasn't as lucky as you but followed the same path and hit rank 25 for New Monarch and got the last Y1 ship i needed from them, Comitatus, and the last shader I needed. Been winning my PvP matches so far and plan to run strikes tonight.

1. There are no error that can't be fixed...except a dead guardian.
2. Find a group with patience.
3. Read up on nm vs him difference s.

know the differences between normal mode and hard mode. I'm a bit rusty on what happens in normal but i think this is it
1) there's no halfway platform in the ship jumping puzzle
2) yellow bar knights will come out during totems, so be ready to take them down in the middle, call out which side they're going to if you can't kill them, be ready to kill them before they kill you if you're on the totem when they're coming.
3) The Warpriest will gain extra powers after each phase in his fight, those blinding balls that taken captains throw, the retaliation thing taken hobgoblins have i don't remember what else. They're mostly inconsequential if the team is staggering him but be ready to back up into a titan bubble if people are missing shots.
4) While you're in the pool DPSing Golgoroth one person will get a debuff called Unstable Light. If it's you, your screen will turn green at the edges and you will have a timer in the bottom left of your screen. you have like 6 seconds to get away from your teammates or they will die when it explodes. Sometimes people forget to look for it so it doesn't hurt to ask who has it.
5) On daughters the second timer starts as soon as you can safely move, so you have to be ready to carry out your assigned role as soon as possible. If your job is jumping on the first plate, you can get on right away even if the person who is torn hasn't gotten there yet.
6) At Oryx, whenever an Ogre dies, a Lighteater Knight will spawn diagonally across from where the ogre spawned. When the ogre dies, you must turn to look for the knight or he will run across and eat the bomb. One sniper headshot and one bodyshot is all it takes to kill it. If you can't kill it, call it out as soon as you can so other's can help you get it down.

But really THE most important thing to do is let the rest of the fireteam know you that you have not done it before so they can explain it to you show you where the knights are fully explain the strategy they're using instead of assuming everyone knows whats going on.

I just left an LFG group on oryx because there was one guy who didn't say anything, didn't know to kill the knight, then didn't know which knight to kill, then didn't say anything when he couldn't kill it. Wipe after wipe that we could have avoided if he communicated to us.

Don't die.

Revives are disabled so try your best to say alive. Don't get too overzealous killing enemies and make sure you back up and heal if you're low on health.

Hard raid has some extra 'mechanics' that are not found in the normal raid, so make sure you're aware of them before you tackle hard mode. (edit: as explained my milkham in previous post)

Communicate everything with you team - reloading, healing, major enemy heading your/their way, time left on a debuff, etc.

I don't really have an issue admitting that I don't know how to do something or that I'm inexperienced, but I do get nervous about holding a team back while I learn the new mechanics and processes of the hard mode. Thanks for the veteran's insight, everyone!

ZeroCoin

Tip: Rank Dead Orbit up on your Warlock if you like PvP. Their vendor armor set is all DIS+STR (with Sniper ammo buff), which lets you use a Sunsinger in all its glory.

Thanks for the tip. Is sunsinger the goto pvp subclass for warlocks? I like that Titans seem to have use for all the different subclasses depending on gametype and play style.

I haven't watched the Dreadnaught ride along, but am looking forward to doing so. And the vidoc about the audio team next week is a nice surprise. I hope this sort of thing keeps up; it's clear the community team is looking to expand beyond just the BWU's which is a good thing.

In part because this kind of writing really is downright painful to read:

The BWU was light but it still had a couple paragraphs of this. I know Deej can write in plain English from his Reddit posts. I hope he starts doing so on b.net.

I try not to complain about this kind of thing as it feels petty, but the BWU is the primary outlet for information from Bungie to the community, currently, and they are very badly written. Still.

You should have seen my reaction when I misinterpreted a line about the patch. For a brief moment, I thought the next update was going to focus on vehicles, which made me excited as hell. Turns out, Deej just can't put the thesaurus down, and was talking about how the next update would be the vehicle in which they deliver blah blah blah...

Yeah, I saw that this morning. It's quite embarrassing.
I'd love to see a more detailed analysis, and break down updates to ones that show info, ones that talk about info in the future, and how long until that info actually shows up.

Deku Tree

Yeah Deej saying "very soon" on 1/21 and using "in the weeks ahead" repeatedly when it's months not weeks is really horribly misleading.

Nice roll Ape but this is pretty much the dream I saw on a random

CctfisUXIAEK9Mz.jpg

Agg, up close and personal, rifled barrel and final round

Also I got this out of a blue just now

CctfhvpWIAAkykm.jpg

Sureshot, Outlaw, Reinforced and LiTC took it for a quick spin and holy shit its like being in Yr1 and being able to hit people at distance

WipedOut

I will never get NLB. Atleast Xur brought legacy primary engrams so now I finally have Thorn.

I'm going to have to grind for Coins to try my hand at thorn.

Picked up MK. 44 and Graviton. Collection is rounding out nicely for PS4.

Still don't have:
Titan - Insurmountable Skullfort, Taikonaut and No Backup Plans
Hunter - Knucklehead, Symbiote, Young Ahamkara's and Tarantella.
Warlock - Skull, Ram, Stag, voidfang and starfire.

Non Quest or Gunsmith weapons - Bad Juju, Jade Rabbit and Invective.

Y1 - Vex, Crux, Thorn, Universal Remote and Pocket Infinity. (Exotics that don't have year 2 versions)

So I'm thinking about throwing this up on Reddit later:

As more and more time goes on, it seems that the TWAB/BWU has not been giving us our fix for information. A lot of us feel like there are tons of questions that are going with out answers. Well what if we try to fix that, and in a reasonable way?

I'm proposing a community poll, that has options for specific, yet not necessarily critical bits of information. We will all vote on these 4 or 5 options, and whatever gets the highest vote, Deej will try his best to address that specific issue in the TWAB.

Deej, is that something you think we could try to work on together? Community to Community Manager?

As an example, lets say the first week we put out the options to vote for

• * Heavy Ammo in 3v3s
  • * Rotating Vendor Stock for Faction Reps
  • * Crucible Drop Rates
  • * Trickle Modifier

Then lets say we all vote on the Rotating Vendor Stock issue on Monday.

Deej, you would then do what research you can to relay to us either why the current system is the way it is (Bungie philosophy on why these vendors shouldn't have rotating stock) or maybe even tell us that this is something that will go away in the future at an unspecified time. Or if you just can't get the clearance to talk about it, just tell us you've passed it up to the powers that be.

I really think this would go a long way to making us feel more like we're an active part of this community, and make people feel less like they're talking to a wall, but obviously this needs some sort of acknowledgement from Deej that we could try this.

It also means that we, as a community, need to realize that we can't ask for everything. Voting for "when is the release date of the next expansion" isn't going to do anybody any good.

I feel like the community really needs a healthier method of getting our points acknowledged, and I'm hoping that somehow this actually works.

Any thoughts from you guys? Any proofreading corrections?

Top Bottom