• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I won't be able to play today, but I'd be down tomorrow for a couple of runs if my nephew is on to help.

Destiny is pretty dead on the xbox side. Only a good 4-5 people from dgaf that are regularly on these days. PS4 oth, there are a lot more.

I had to go on reddit, Bungie forums and lfg combined to find a 3rd last night.

Ok, let me knoW. I should be available from about 830 to 1130 EST tomorrow night.

Haha--has the Dragon's breath thing caught on? Ape and I ran a bunch of strikes with double bubbles, double wongs, and double breath.

Surplus+wongs+bubbles and Titans spec'd for orbs on heavy kill = profit.

I had way more fun than I expected outta strikes. And it all came down to the people, yup.

I was inspired by your posts, and also by replaying Halo. The Dragon's Breath skin was on a flamethrower back in Halo so I really like how they used that idea for the Year 2 version with the napalm effect. Seems like kinda the idea they were going for Year 1 except they didn't bother to make a new effect and just stole the closest pre-existing thing (solar nades). And it sucked because of that. But now it's cool in a silly way.

I was getting a hilarious amount of hit markers by Breathing on the tank during Shield Bros.

Unstable

I woke up a year older today

Time to celebrate bday by playing video games.
Sounds like a great way to cerebrate. Happy bday btw.

yo guys, sorry I missed you last night. Turned out I didn't have time to play but I'll be around today if you want to run a card sometime. Just let me know if some time(s) work well for you.

Happy BDay! I finally made the Thunderlord post just for this special occasion!

bNaMsRY.png

Frenden

Banned
I was inspired by your posts, and also by replaying Halo. The Dragon's Breath skin was on a flamethrower back in Halo so I really like how they used that idea for the Year 2 version with the napalm effect. Seems like kinda the idea they were going for Year 1 except they didn't bother to make a new effect and just stole the closest pre-existing thing (solar nades). And it sucked because of that. But now it's cool in a silly way.

I was getting a hilarious amount of hit markers by Breathing on the tank during Shield Bros.

Totally. It does a number on the walker in the Taniks strike too. Dragon's Breath may not be the DPS king of year two, but it sure is fun to light the world on fire.

Nothus

Decided to help a couple of friends farm for a Grasp of Malok (I already have one).
So we load up the level 16 version from the map, and literally the first time we kill Omnigul, I get another grasp drop!
It's actually even better than my original, with counterbalance and third eye.

Meanwhile my friends try for ages and get nothing. Unbelieveable rng fortune on my part.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The Illuminati demands a Neo, Dan and Bear trials team.

If two Mercury capable people are up for a run in a little while I am game.

...TFW you forget about faction allegiance being required to wear your new exotic class item. Except you switched factions because obviously you want to level a different one now for that faction's exotic.

These are the paper cuts of Destiny's design. Fewer arbitrary requirements please.

Things have gotten so stale that people are using Dragon's Breath now.

I've seen it all.

Don't knock it until you try it bro. New meta for max laughs.

Ji66a-Man

...TFW you forget about faction allegiance being required to wear your new exotic class item. Except you switched factions because obviously you want to level a different one now for that faction's exotic.

These are the paper cuts of Destiny's design. Fewer arbitrary requirements please.

Or when Bungie streamlined Crucible bounties that require wins so that completing matches count, except they forgot to do that for the exotic class item quests too.

I can't see the new Crucible (Control) match making lasting long if the last 5/6 games are any indication to how its going to go as every match has been a blow out

Cczp9i6W8AEHsix.jpg

You're just too good for the other team man

There is that as well, second wind boots are OP for getting back into the action and firebolting people

Which map was that? Looks like some people quit early. Was it one of those terrible large maps?

Frontier, they were crushed after about 1 minute and they started quitting out. Last 6 matches

W 20k v 11k
L 20k v 14k
W 20k v 9k
L 20k v 13k (was dropped in nr the end)
W 20 v 18k
W 12k v 3k

Here was the final boss (with no more mercy) I had last night with my nephew (raiders) and random I picked up from lfg (abraf):

1CXLxD5.png

We had a 12.31% chance to win. They had a combined 168 flawlesses (1 guy has 96!) versus Our 17 and it was awesome. A perfect 5 kills each across the board. Teamwork was pretty amazing and felt great. I'm pretty average so helping 5 people now their first year 2 flawless (2 of them, first ever flawless), feels pretty good.

My golden gun isn't killing people in trials. Three times I've hit people and seen it do damage and all it has done is taken their shield off them

More like a golden-shower gun, amirite?

At least some people like that kinda think. A golden gun firing blanks is disappointing for all

Trials last night was great. Today everyone is taking twice as long to kill. A full clip of doctrine to kill one person! Even with just body shots that should never happen

Top Bottom