• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

no Bleach?
no Naruto? o_O

not even Robotech/Macross?

Oh! Gundam. I've seen some Gundam. But no none of that other noise.

Oh! And Spanish Dubbed Dragon Ball Z when I lived in Mexico. That was the greatest.

Edit:Top of Page Titan hype!
yMwl7l9.png

SnakeEyes

Banned
I liked it but not enough to pick it up day 1. DZ was where the fun was at. Can't say the same for the PvE side of the game.
Yeah I can agree with that, but I have a feeling that that could be down to the lack of NPCs in the world for the beta, and also the lack of missions. DZ was fun... once I had the Caduceus AR.

E92 M3

They should have called it The Salt Block and be down with it. Secondly, removing special on start for Trials is very short-sighted.

Funny, how PVE gets so little attention.

If laggy players stop having the advantage I'm all for it. The special ammo change isn't the right fix. If you don't want to get nailed immediately then don't make sniping so easy. All that this changes is that you won't get 360 no scoped quite as quickly. I'll probably just wait around by special the first trials round and I'd think many players will do the same.

Or throw yourself of the map, switch weapons, get revived then rush/snipe there special :d

If anyone's playing now can they test spawning with a sidearm dying then switching to sniper when dead

stay gold

Decent update. Solo playlists is good.

Not sure about the special ammo nerf, I mean there is enough special ammo for everyone to use their specials as primaries which isn't ideal but eh, probably should have just nerfed the armour perks to only active from pick ups. Seems like they're trying to address a sniper issue without actually touching snipers.

Or throw yourself of the map, switch weapons, get revived then rush/snipe there special :d

If anyone's playing now can they test spawning with a sidearm dying then switching to sniper when dead

I think I've done a similar thing in inferno rumble, but I can't remember the results. We'll definitely see a sharp uptick in Invective use.

inthrall

I like the special ammo change, though you can still get it way too easy at the start, it takes a little more coordination now.

RIP my special Vienna ship

maomaoIYP

Interesting BWU. Not sure about the special economy change, but like hammon said, we'll probably see more weapon swapping, more camping for ammo in the first round, more invective and sidearms etc. Heck, we might even see more NLB. I think it'll probably make Trials a little lopsided than it currently is, winning that first round rushdown becomes incredibly crucial, and a team that never lasts long enough in a round will never manage to get any special.

I was for solo playlists, but this is definitely not the way to do it. The playbase has already dwindled to such a tiny ass community, splitting them effectively makes matchmaking even worse. All we wanted was: matchmake premade teams with premade teams. Was that so hard?

1) Connections are finally looked at. Red Bars not having an advantage will be fantastic. Of course it remains to be seen and won't be perfect, but this sounds very promising to make PvP a better experience. Maybe there won't be as many "mutual" kills (shotgun/melee/primary) which will be a HUGE plus.

2) Special Ammo is a nice fix to the 3v3 overall, IMO. It dramatically changes the way the game will start and play out. So many people only use secondary so it'll be forced to change. You can actually peak out during Widow's Court or Pantheon at the start and not worry about getting your head shaved off instantly. (EDIT: Unless people use Ice Breakers, in which case.... fuck)

However, they do need to fix AA snipers. Hopefully that'll come next.

3) Solo queue for the solo birds. I sometimes like to play solo because I only have 30 or less minutes and don't want to bother joining a train and taking someone's spot that can potentially be there longer, so playing a few matches with an equal solo team sounds very appealing to me.

4) TELEPORTING OGRES! This wasted a good 3 hours of my life last week so I'm glad this will be fixed in time for next Oryx CM.

In conclusion, I never expected ANY PvE to be talked about. PvP is my main focus since there is no PvE content other than Golgy and Oryx CM that's worth it for me. Based on knowing there's no PvE content, it makes sense to focus on making PvP a better place.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Interesting BWU. Not sure about the special economy change, but like hammon said, we'll probably see more weapon swapping, more camping for ammo in the first round, more invective and sidearms etc. Heck, we might even see more NLB. I think it'll probably make Trials a little lopsided than it currently is, winning that first round rushdown becomes incredibly crucial, and a team that never lasts long enough in a round will never manage to get any special.
Or at the very least, everyone starting with an Invective equipped to charge up ammo before swapping to another gun.

no Bleach?
no Naruto? o_O

not even Robotech/Macross?
That actually reminds me - I'm long overdue for a rewatching of SDF Macross (the proper one, not that Harmony Gold "Robotech" bullshit) and Macross Plus. Plus has such a brilliant soundtrack too.

nowai

Lol they nerfed The Chaperone for no reason

It's still incredible if you can hit your head shots. It also still procs if you a precision kill with a primary making it great if you kill someone and need to push with your now god tier shotty.

deadduck

Interesting that 'freelance' modes are coming, that means drastic changes to the director or more likely ALL MAPS IN ROTATION and not having to play classic (assuming is gone) for 50% of them!

Green bar advantages over red, that's massive for me.

Primary META in 3s. I'm OK with this, no more 1000yard stare off at the start.

Now Bungie, kill Thorn dead and half sniper AA.

Oh! Gundam. I've seen some Gundam. But no none of that other noise.

Oh! And Spanish Dubbed Dragon Ball Z when I lived in Mexico. That was the greatest.

Edit:Top of Page Titan hype!

I'm keeping a list of all you 50 posts per page people.

First against the wall when the revolution comes.

To be fair, Breezy, your Thorn love is more egregious. ;)

I like these special ammo getting nerfed. You shouldn't be able use a special as a primary.

(I would have turned down special across the board, not obliterated it at start.)

Hard to figure out why Bungie never invites WYL to do any promotional stuff.

Lol, they should take note of what he says though, out of all the big streamers he easily speaks the most sense

Interesting that 'freelance' modes are coming, that means drastic changes to the director or more likely ALL MAPS IN ROTATION and not having to play classic (assuming is gone) for 50% of them!

Green bar advantages over red, that's massive for me.

Primary META in 3s. I'm OK with this, no more 1000yard stare off at the start.

Now Bungie, kill Thorn dead.

Thorn will probably be on the up as well as you can still map people with it

Those all sound like good changes to me. However, continue to discuss how the crucible is now doomed before playing a match with the new ammo economy.

Frenden

Banned
Those all sound like good changes to me. However, continue to discuss how the crucible is now doomed before playing a match with the new ammo economy.
Almost every post of yours offers sarcastic quasi-smarm about people whose opinion differs from yours. But carry on. Assuming you can read the thread from atop that high horse.

maomaoIYP

You don't actually have to look very far to experience the new ammo economy right away: play inferno. Both inferno control and rumble is up this week. I've been playing inferno rumble almost exclusively since reset, I've been a big fan of inferno for sometime now. You will notice that players use a different variety of weapons there, just last night a dude I ran into was doing very well using the universal remote in the opening moments of the match. Lots of dudes using sidearms and invectives, and some NLB too, although NLB in the absence of radar can be suicide. The economy change isn't necessarily a bad thing or a good thing, it's simply change for the sake of shaking up the meta in a way that doesn't require a lot of effort on Bungie's part.

spyder_ur

I don't really get the complaining, There's some stuff here - changes to special ammo, new crucible playlists, ogre fix. Particularly interested in how the special ammo changes play our in Trials. I'm somewhat concerned there will be a cascading effect where whoever wins the first round will get special and thus also have the edge next round, but we'll see.

How people can read these weekly updates and feel let down by them (and write about it) every single week is beyond me.

You don't actually have to look very far to experience the new ammo economy right away: play inferno. Both inferno control and rumble is up this week. I've been playing inferno rumble almost exclusively since reset, I've been a big fan of inferno for sometime now. You will notice that players use a different variety of weapons there, just last night a dude I ran into was doing very well using the universal remote in the opening moments of the match. Lots of dudes using sidearms and invectives, and some NLB too, although NLB in the absence of radar can be suicide. The economy change isn't necessarily a bad thing or a good thing, it's simply change for the sake of shaking up the meta in a way that doesn't require a lot of effort on Bungie's part.
I know, I like the different pace of inferno, or at least some of the aspects. I personally haven't made up my mind on the no radar. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I hate it. I believe the special ammo spawn timers are different than in the rest of the crucible though. Special will still be more prevalent than in inferno, so we'll be seeing conditions somewhere in between the current settings and inferno settings. The meta or whatever can't be completely inferred from current inferno playlists. However, I really wish they removed heavy from all 3v3 playlists with this update. It's such a shit show. That's the best part of inferno, in my opinion.

Edit:
Almost every post of yours offers sarcastic quasi-smarm about people whose opinion differs from yours. But carry on. Assuming you can read the thread from atop that high horse.
Whatever you say dude. I don't post much here, just normally read for enjoyment. It is hard to enjoy discussions, though, when so much of it is stepped in negativity about everything Bungie does. The complaining is unreal. Yes, there's plenty wrong with the game and plenty of things need changed, but it's a game made by other human beings with lives outside of reacting to every outcry by the community. No one person makes all the decisions or implements the changes. There were some good changes made in this update. I'm interested in seeing how the ammo change affects things. They apparently made oryx challenge mode ok again. We're getting continued updates on connection quality.

Apparently I'm not alone in feeling this way:

I don't really get the complaining, There's some stuff here - changes to special ammo, new crucible playlists, ogre fix. Particularly interested in how the special ammo changes play our in Trials. I'm somewhat concerned there will be a cascading effect where whoever wins the first round will get special and thus also have the edge next round, but we'll see.

How people can read these weekly updates and feel let down by them (and write about it) every single week is beyond me.

I dont understand what this video is supposed to prove. That drag scoping does require skill (hence why krafty almost always wins sniper battles) so the guy in the video was getting outgunned left and right?

Edit: deku mentioned flinch above, but this is a scout and scouts (except for mida) dont really do flinch. If it were a pulse in the video i would understand the bullshit.

Trakan

I dont understand what this video is supposed to prove. That drag scoping does require skill (hence why krafty almost always wins sniper battles) so the guy in the video was getting outgunned left and right?

It's just me raging about snipers. I don't think anything about a sniper takes skill the way they are currently.

the_id

This. Inferno playlist feels like a different challenge. Take away the radar and no special ammo makes you train your spatial awareness.

I want IRON BANNER INFERNO CLASH.

It's just me raging about snipers. I don't think anything about a sniper takes skill the way they are currently.

Snipers in Destiny are definitely way too forgiving and casual friendly, hence why its so popular and relatively easy to snipe. So i agree with you really. But high level drag scoping does require a decent amount of skill which is why there are guys like nghtly, krafty etc out there.

No special on spawn in 3v3 will be interesting, they should have went one step further and removed heavy from 3v3 entirely though, heavy is beyond dumb.

Might have to come back and play when these changes happen.

Top Bottom