• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

todd360

kYoC8Bz.gif

good games, todd and ape.

All in a days work.

Over 40+ rumble matches, not a single win today. This is crazy, 40% of my games have been crazy lag, 20% I join in with someone 800+ already and the other 40% I just get out played.

Decided to throw this together. Since I'll be pvping this coming week(Boy I'm really hyping myself up aren't I), I decided to look at the various PvP metas of destiny, and then translate it to Gif form-
Assault Rifle Meta-

Hand Cannon meta-

Shotgun Meta-

Pulse Rifle Meta-

Sniper Rifle meta-

Aaaand as of recently we're back to the Hand cannon meta-

Thank you, this has been a visual journey through Destinys many metas.

This isn't a hand cannon meta. Scout Rifle, maybe. It's more of a muddled meta than anything.

I don't know, i haven't played in months. What I do know is that I'm going to bring Thorn back. And the tears of my enemies shall be glorious, for I shall bathe in them and nourish myself with them.

Decided to throw this together. Since I'll be pvping this coming week(Boy I'm really hyping myself up aren't I), I decided to look at the various PvP metas of destiny, and then translate it to Gif form-
Assault Rifle Meta-

Hand Cannon meta-

Shotgun Meta-

Pulse Rifle Meta-

Sniper Rifle meta-

God bless frinkiac

todd360

Mida is the only thing I'm dieing to. Shit is more powerful than thorn. Your fucking dead before you realize you got shot.

Frenden

Banned
Mida is the only thing I'm dieing to. Shit is more powerful than thorn. Your fucking dead before you realize you got shot.

When I die to MIDA, I feel like I have no time to react. Which doesn't square with it's TTK unless someone hits only headshots. It seems off.

Mida

Mida everywhere

Haha

You foolish Guardians, I will show you the err of the ways with the Thorn. Let the nectar flow from your pierced skin, and nourish my plants, for only then will the sweetest smelling and brightest roses can be born, for only then will your grave be a mark of beauty.

the_id

Assault Rifle Meta-

Hand Cannon meta-

Shotgun Meta-

Pulse Rifle Meta-

Sniper Rifle meta-

Hahahaha. Bravo bravo. Although, why the heck is a pulse rifle represented with Homer using a Gatling gun?

Gordon

When I die to MIDA, I feel like I have no time to react. Which doesn't square with it's TTK unless someone hits only headshots. It seems off.
The only guns that consistently outshoot my MIDA are high-impact scouts like Colovance's Duty. If you think MIDA has a surprisingly fast ttk, try one of those out. Had a match where like three people were using them and they were the bane of my existence. I'm just glad they never had the opportunity to teamshoot me with them.

It really does feel so different from Y1 MIDA. It was my favorite during Y1 IB and I used it just because I liked to move fast. It always felt weak though. Like I was sacrificing TTK for speed, range and AA. Now it feels like it has no downside and I never remember dying so fast from it.
^This so much - I never bothered much with MIDA in Y1 because it felt like I was shooting BBs at people. They must have stealth-buffed the AA or something because it actually feels like an exotic now, and not just a bad gun with good perks.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I feel the same way.

It really does feel so different from Y1 MIDA. It was my favorite during Y1 IB and I used it just because I liked to move fast. It always felt weak though. Like I was sacrificing TTK for speed, range and AA. Now it feels like it has no downside and I never remember dying so fast from it.

Frenden

Banned
Use that Hawksaw breh

I kept the Outlaw, Hammer Forged, Handlaid stock roll. I use it here and there now. It's good!

The only guns that consistently outshoot my MIDA are high-impact scouts like Colovance's Duty. If you think MIDA has a surprisingly fast ttk, try one of those out. Had a match where like three people were using them and they were the bane of my existence. I'm just glad they never had the opportunity to teamshoot me with them.

I have six Colo, two Last Extremity, and a god roll Cocytus and use them more than any other gun archetype atm.

Like I was getting at with Todd, I don't lose encounters where I'm clued in. I just seem to die too damn fast to MIDA when caught unaware. It feels flukey as hell.

3 Midas+shotguns is the new 3 sunsingers for me in terms of annoyance.

I swear to god the TTK of Mida is something like 0.3 seconds.

Gordon

I have six Colo, two Last Extremity, and a god roll Cocytus and use them more than any other gun archetype atm.

Like I was getting at with Todd, I don't lose encounters where I'm clued in. I just seem to die too damn fast to MIDA when caught unaware. It feels flukey as hell.
Yeah the 4SK is brutal with that RoF. If MIDA has the first shot you don't stand much of a chance at landing 3 at a lower RoF. I ran with a NL Shadow for a while, and it feels good - not bad for challenging MIDA at a disadvantage, but just not enough oomph for the bodyshot cleanups on the escapees. Left too many survivors.

Frenden

Banned
3 Midas+shotguns is the new 3 sunsingers for me in terms of annoyance.
If a team is chock full of MIDAs, I do elicit an involuntary groan. That's not a good sign.

But, hey, I've been on a good win streak since slightly more CBMM was implemented. I feel like I am getting a lot more sniper precision kills again and am dying while seemingly narrowly making it to safe cover less.

MIDA is annoying, but I don't feel like I'm getting straight up fucked by lag independent of the guns in use like I was a week ago. I actually had fun in PvP tonight.

Yeah the 4SK is brutal with that RoF. If MIDA has the first shot you don't stand much of a chance at landing 3 at a lower RoF. I ran with a NL Shadow for a while, and it feels good - not bad for challenging MIDA at a disadvantage, but just not enough oomph for the bodyshot cleanups on the escapees. Left too many survivors.

I tend to try and stay at sniper-like distances with the high impact scouts. Challenging a MIDA at midrange is a bad idea, yes. Tuonela does surprisingly well in the MIDA-midrange bread and butter area fwiw.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah the Mida is too good. Makes you faster and shoots faster and hits hard. In PVP, a gun that does both shouldn't exist.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

^This so much - I never bothered much with MIDA in Y1 because it felt like I was shooting BBs at people. They must have stealth-buffed the AA or something because it actually feels like an exotic now, and not just a bad gun with good perks.

AND you get crazy flinch from it too.

So:

-Walk faster
-Highest AA
-Great range
-Third Eye
-Ridiculous flinch
-Solid TTK

Downsides:
???????????????
(Shitty at shotgun range I guess?)

Thanks Biggy and Igor. My fourth Doctrine with range finder at 313. I'll never get it with counterbalance dammit! And, funnily enough, another Mida. :)

Frenden

Banned
I think PRs need a tiny buff (keep the new range drop off, but let Nirwen class PRs still consistently three burst) and HCs need less bloom RNG. I wouldn't mind seeing mid and high impact autos get a small positive bump. The low impact bullet hose, Dr. Doctrine of Nopechasm class is fine as is.

I don't think MIDA is too good. I do think the other classes of guns have been weakened gradually, patch after patch, while scouts remained untouched.

Overall, this meta has grown on me. Some HCs are still okay and high impact scouts are fun as hell (for me, ymmv).

Top Bottom