• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

SnakeEyes

Banned
Today is national pizza day. Go get some.
And for today of all days for Nami to go AWOL.

Miss you Nami, shall eat Pizza in your honour.
Feb__9_is_National_Pizza_Day_2565350000_13191699_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Page 43? The love hype is real.

I thought there were gonna be patch notes but didn't see anything on b.net....? Anything exciting I've missed so far?

edit:

get marks to spend on getting garbage roll weapons to get more marks.

This is pretty much all I do in Destiny anymore.

This event seems like a bust. One emblem, two shaders, two ghosts, and that's it.
No matchmaking means you can't just do bounties casually & all opponents are way too hardcore.

NeOak

Page 43? The love hype is real.

I thought there were gonna be patch notes but didn't see anything on b.net....? Anything exciting I've missed so far?

edit:

This is pretty much all I do in Destiny anymore.

What is this 43 you speak of?

50 ppp is nicer on mobile D:

Crucible NF gave me a 299 ghost. Yaaayyyy :(

Man. I wouldn't even recommend this event to the casual guys I play with once a week.

I recommend them Iron Banner so they can get some better gear to raid with, but I don't even know what this event would offer them.

spawning with no special ammo does nothing

equip side arm, after first round switch to sniper and you have 5 sniper rounds for 2nd round

At some point, you must have send a fr?

nope, lost to the first team (close games, one guy red barring all the time)
laggy second team
no lag third team won all games

best moment was when i put a tripmine on enemy's orb, the other guy took a full round of the map and came back for the revive and died to the tripmine...that was hilarious.

the buff the 2nd player gets on partner death is very annoying, you can just keep on running around the map and recovering shields instantly :(

Deku Tree

nope, lost to the first team (close games, one guy red barring all the time)
laggy second team
no lag third team won all games

best moment was when i put a tripmine on enemy's orb, the other guy took a full round of the map and came back for the revive and died to the tripmine...that was hilarious.

the buff the 2nd player gets on partner death is very annoying, you can just keep on running around the map and not recovering shields instability :(

A total of ten teams are playing this event.

Has golgoroth been buffed? He seems to be firing 4 poison orbs now instead of 3. I used to be able to comfortably destroy them with my scout rifle. Now I'm having to use HMG and still taking the odd hit

Ji66a-Man

Has golgoroth been buffed? He seems to be firing 4 poison orbs now instead of 3. I used to be able to comfortably destroy them with my scout rifle. Now I'm having to use HMG and still taking the odd hit

If you're on HM, Golgoroth will fire 4 poison orbs. If you're on NM, Golgoroth will fire 3 orbs.

the_id

Anybody tried using sidearms since he new update for pvp? Any useful? And what about ice breaker and invective...is it show signs of abuse already?

He's always shot 4 orbs on Hard mode, 3 orbs on Normal mode. (edit: also, the orbs move faster on HM)

HMG is the best counter, but an AR like Doctrine or pulse like Smite work well also. Today I was excited to find out that Ace of Spades proc's precision kills when you shoot the orbs so it keeps refilling the mag. You can actually hold the entire gaze without using up a single bullet.

Pretty much this. Event seems like kind of a joke. Got the shaders stupidly quickly. Now I have no real urge to play it again.

that crimson ghost though

you know you want it :p

chocolate ghost looks like a pile of poop. really.

Anybody tried using sidearms since he new update for pvp? Any useful? And what about ice breaker and invective...is it show signs of abuse already?

yes everyone is using ice breaker / invective

side arm also works, switch in second round and get 5 sniper ammo :p

He's always shot 4 orbs on Hard mode, 3 orbs on Normal mode. (edit: also, the orbs move faster on HM)

HMG is the best counter, but an AR like Doctrine or pulse like Smite work well also. Today I was excited to find out that Ace of Spades proc's precision kills when you shoot the orbs so it keeps refilling the mag. You can actually hold the entire gaze without using up a single bullet.

Even on hard in the past I've managed to handle orbs with a scout rifle. Pretty much as soon as they spawn. But tonight my entire team isnstruggling with them

Tri4

honestly that's the only thing worth playing for, it looks nice. everything else is terrible

got mine in the 3rd game so i'm good

all bounties done - whose idea was to give a legendary engram for completing the daily bounties?
Honestly I'd rather legendary engrams than whatever crap the daily bounties for other activities give.

Even on hard in the past I've managed to handle orbs with a scout rifle. Pretty much as soon as they spawn. But tonight my entire team isnstruggling with them

I've done HM gaze w/ a scout before as well but wouldn't really recommend it. High rate of fire, large magazine guns like MGs and ARs or burst weapons like pulse rifles are gonna be better options. The only other thing I could mention is make sure you shoot his face as soon as the orbs spawn. You don't want to let the orbs move much or else they can bounce off geometry and start coming at you from crazy angles.

Of course it's entirely possible they changed something with the patch, I'd be curious to try it out if I run GraveRobber's characters through CM later this week. Definitely wouldn't be the first time they'd changed something without including it in the patch notes.

Maybe a little bit :p Will probably have to play the entire week for it to drop knowing my luck with that kinda thing.

c'mon you got both shaders in first three games, your luck is way better than anyone else

Honestly I'd rather legendary engrams than whatever crap the daily bounties for other activities give.

well yeah, you also get a bunch of legendary marks from wining a game...15 for first win, 10 for second and so on..

Necro was putting in work. Got a double kill, one with headshot and the other player died from cursed thrall explosion :p

Used timepiece for pulse kills (grasp who?)
Necro for auto kills
Thorn for hc kills
Mida for scout kills

Overall, mida was wrecking. Way better than scummy thorn.

Is there a consolidated list of recent updates? I looked on Bungie's site and it was kind of confusing.

The last time I played was back when sparrow races hit and they broke the damage for some weapons. Was looking to get back into playing but kind of wanted to know what I was getting into beforehand.

edit: Nevermind, looks like their update page was glitched.

Top Bottom