• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

NeOak

Was going to play today but then I read that Thorn was back

kRrkfUU.gif

Haven't seen it that much tbh. It isn't "back" because it isn't 2 shots and you're dead

Thorn is very much still a thing. 3 body shot kill with fastest fire rate of any handcannon. If they would reduce the rate of fire to the slowest of the hand cannons it would be fine.

darthbob

Thorn is the least of the problems. Problems is the special ammo exploit. It sucks for those who don't have those two weapons. I imagine a lot of year two people don't.

Are you referring to Invective and IB's regen ammo? Is that really an exploit though?

Thorn is very much still a thing. 3 body shot kill with fastest fire rate of any handcannon. If they would reduce the rate of fire to the slowest of the hand cannons it would be fine.

It's balanced though, the size of the gun blocks like half your screen. No need to nerf it further

Are you referring to Invective and IB's regen ammo? Is that really an exploit though?

It's completely counter intuitive to what Bungie was trying to do with the special ammo nerf.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm wrecking other thorn players though. Having special ammo is more valuable because of the big ass maps and people can easily snipe from any angle or sneak up and one shot you with a shotgun.

darthbob

It's balanced though, the size of the gun blocks like half your screen. No need to nerf it further

It's completely counter intuitive to what Bungie was trying to do with the special ammo nerf.

What would the solution be then? Reenable special ammo on spawn or disable any special from carrying over after you swap out Invective/IB?

Jafku

What would the solution be then? Reenable special ammo on spawn or disable any special from carrying over after you swap out Invective/IB?

Is the problem special ammo? Or maybe it's a weapon problem. I mean Bungie gave out god roll weapons as part of two separate questlines and are now surpised people wreck with it

Breezy you've lost any ability to objectively discuss Thorn lol. The special ammo cheese is very real. I'm ending up with more special than ever before haha.

The solution would be take away all the ammo on a special weapon swap. HOWEVER, knowing Bungie they would implement this into PvE as well because they can't balance separately for whatever god awful reason.

Breezy you've lost any ability to objectively discuss Thorn lol. The special ammo cheese is very real. I'm ending up with more special than ever before haha.

The Thorn is perfectly balanced though @_@

All people will need to do in trials is run Ice Breaker round one and rush the enemy team. Assuming the other team doesn't do the same thing you'll have special round two and they won't even if you lose the round.

Removing the ability to retain special when switching weapons when the round ends/you die would be a solution.

All people will need to do in trials is run Ice Breaker round one and rush the enemy team. Assuming the other team doesn't do the same thing you'll have special round two and they won't even if you lose the round.

Removing the ability to retain special when switching weapons when the round ends/you die would be a solution.

you know how bungie will fix it

by nerfing the ice breaker and invective

count on it

maomaoIYP

you know how bungie will fix it

by nerfing the ice breaker and invective

count on it
Yup.
"My boss never has problems getting special ammo. But to make all the whiners happy we're removing the ability to respawn ammo for icebreaker and invective. Have fun with your newly neutered exotics!"

Nami isn't going to be on GAF for a while, for those of you wanting to do doubles/trials with him, but he might be on Destiny here and there(Feel free to hop in!)

At least Crimson Doubles counts for Doubles grimoire. It has that going.
But Thorn and Ice Breaker special glitch can both die in a fire.

It's alright but basically 2/3 trials without a card and a weird last man standing buff.

I guess I missed the special ammo thing too - is this a new thing? I thought they fixed special ammo exploits on invective, etc?

So in this patch you no longer initially spawn with special in any 3v3 mode. Special still carries over once you have it, you just don't start with any. The thing is though is I can equip my ice breaker and if it gets to 6 bullets in its magazine if I switch when dead or between rounds to another sniper I have 12 or 15 rounds available making the changes pointless. The smart fix here would be to just make it so you don't retain ammo when switching from invective or ice breaker, but I don't have much faith in Bungie doing that. Instead they'll either do nothing or make it so you lose all ammo when switching between any specials even when dead or between rounds.

Frenden

Banned
No special killed me a few times tonight when I tried to rely on my secondary. Lose one round and it snowballs from there. Oof. Bad, bad design choice.

Top Bottom