• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

If anyone is doing a fresh Normal Raid run tonight, shoot me an invite.

Level 28 Warlock, can go Sunsinger or Voidwalker.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So 30 minutes netted me
Engrams:
2 Rare Primary
1 Rare Special
2 Rare Heavy
2 Rare Head
2 Rare Class Mark item

So 9 Blue Engrams and like 15 Green Engrams (which got dismantled ASAP)
48iUih1.jpg

HVbB9iz.jpg

Chest in Loot Cave, so I open it just for the Helium and get rewarded:
BCS2ibF.jpg

Good stuff!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just got Atheon's Epilogue. Worth leveling up over Red Death and/or Suros? Not sure about it right now, fire rate is insane but you need a lot of shots on target to match the damage of those other guns. Right now it's attractive because it does Void damage but not much else.

Just got Atheon's Epilogue. Worth leveling up over Red Death and/or Suros? Not sure about it right now, fire rate is insane but you need a lot of shots on target to match the damage of those other guns. Right now it's attractive because it does Void damage but not much else.

It's only useful against Oracles and whenever you need Void Damage. Otherwise, keep leveling the Suros.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Eh, it's not that great. Leveled it up to 300 but it feels like a liability in hard VoG. You can't go wrong with Suros, it's a good all-purpose rifle.

Here's some examples of the weird, ridiculous, random conversations that the people I and the people I Raid with tend to have while we're going through the motions in the Strike playlist:

1) Xur and Rahool are in cahoots. It's quite brilliant, Rahool - having a monopoly on engram decrypting - only churns out crappy product. This in turn drives people to Xur in desperation for items that are worth a damn, and they acquiesce to his ridiculous prices. Xur then gives Rahool a cut of the profit.

2) Master Rahool is the end boss of Destiny 3. He is the ultimate evil behind everything. When you find him, he is sitting atop a huge, 5-story-high pile of legendary engrams.

He has three major attacks:

a) He debuffs all the gear you have equipped to green and blue items for a period of time.

b) He throws legendary engrams at you. If they hit they deal damage. If they miss and fall to the floor, you can pick them up and keep them, but you receive damage for every legendary engram you pick up.

c) He drops a giant pile of blue and green engrams on you. It takes awhile for the pile to form before being dropped, but if it hits, it hits for damage equal to the number of blue and green engrams you have disenchanted over the course of your time with Destiny.

3) Why the hell has nobody on the tower thought to open a store that sells crafting materials. This entire city, from what we can tell, is filled with people that have one of two jobs: Killing aliens, or killing each other in the Crucible. Both jobs require this junk to upgrade their gear, so if somebody opened a store that sold packs of 50 Spinmetal/Helium/Relic Iron/Blooms for 10,000 glimmer a pop, they would be millionaires within a week.

Overdoziz

Banned
People still grind kills for engram drops? I can't imagine it being worth the time with how much they nerfed Legendary drops from killing enemies.

dengatron

Praetorian foil doesn't exist. I refuse to believe it. One of my raid members got his 5th mythoclast while I'm on clear 15 without one. Glorious.

Jrmint

Eh, it's not that great. Leveled it up to 300 but it feels like a liability in hard VoG. You can't go wrong with Suros, it's a good all-purpose rifle.
Problem with using the Suros while raiding is that you can't use the Ice Breaker. Fully leveled Epilogue + IB is the best combo in the game I think. For raiding anyway.

Tovarisc

I would if devs explained / answered to some of the things that keep wandering, at least in, my mind. Stuff like;

• How Crucible matchmaking takes player region into the account? E.g. PSN Account can tell system what region player lives in. Now EU, NA and very likely AU, Asia and Russia, are wrapped into single pool => Causes very high latency lobbies which causes bad gameplay experiences constantly
  • How Crucible matchmaking takes player level and PvP history in the account? Skills DO matter, so does knowledge and gear
  • Why players are allowed to push and shove each other around? That griefing and just pushing players into enemy fire gets old fast.
  • Why PvE and PvP balancing was unified under one set of stats? Because games like this always prioritise PvP over PvE, because balance, it causes situations like Vex Mythoclast netf patch.
  • Is auto aim going to be toned down with greater emphasis on players ability / skill to aim?

SkylineRKR

So yeah the whole Hard Raid was a shard fest, but Atheon gave me the Mythoclast and the Helm. Have to say the Mythoclast is fun to shoot with.

For Hard Raiding I use IB and Atheon as well. Atheon is fairly strong against Minotaur waves. Praedyth seems to be too weak in Hard. Fully upgraded PR takes about as much as a fully upgraded IB on oracles and for the rest it doesn't really hit hard.

Hung Wei Lo

going for attempt number 4 to complete the raid..at gatekeeper - anyone want to help me finish?

#1 took a bunch of newbie's
#2 they finished with their friends, so I went with randoms
#3 tried again with the newbies that didn't finish + 1 GAFfer

PsN = kinezo

EL CUCO

Another complete Raid down, another collection of ass mats. 2nd one in a row I get RNG up my ass.

Looks like most of our team got some goodies.

Bungie, why do you hate me?!?!??

WHYYYYYYYYY

J-Rzez

Problem with using the Suros while raiding is that you can't use the Ice Breaker. Fully leveled Epilogue + IB is the best combo in the game I think. For raiding anyway.

Yeah I use IB as well for raids. I just use my legendary pistols for my main. They work well, one or two crit shotting most trash. I wish I could get fatebringer, hawkmoon, or TLW though instead. But the game hates me. It absolutely hates me. Fatebringer I can't get because my raid group can't down templar on hard though we're all 29-30 for some reason, possibly our positioning don't know.

As far as the other exotic pistols, game hates me. Period.

Cool beans.

Flawless Raider run:
1. Afrodeeziyak (me)
2. Darthbob
3. Boguester
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Any takers?

Are people still around for this?

Maxed Gjal is much better for raid outside of specific situations. VoC and Fatebringer are probably both better than AE also. The two man team that beat hard raid both used maxed FB, maxed Praedyths Revenge and maxed Gjal. IB is still great of course, and Suros is fine but a waste of an exotic while raiding.

have atheon checkpoint on normal (ps4). trying to finish this tonight with my son. cheese or not, doesn't matter, just need to beat him!

message or fr to ralliartevomr

Am_I_Evil

so not sure if this helped or not...but i just got a legendary engram (chest) from the Daily 28 on my 29 Hunter character...i am a fully maxed 29 (can't do anything else without raid chest/gauntlets, or helmet since i have exotic gauntlets and am using an exotic helm now)...so i put it in my vault and got it with my 25 Warlock...go to the cryptarch and got a legendary chest for my Warlock...happy...

Is the Pocket Infinity worth the time obtaining these days? I've finally got offered it as a bounty.

It seems to be. A lot of people are really fond of it. I just got it yesterday so I haven't use it too much.

have atheon checkpoint on normal (ps4). trying to finish this tonight with my son. cheese or not, doesn't matter, just need to beat him!

message or fr to ralliartevomr

Add me on PSN if you guys are trying it soon, Dr_LawyerCop. I don't know how long I'll have to try it, but I can give it a shot. I'm a level 28 hunter, beat the raid once with my warlock friday.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
By the way, how does the Mythoclast compare to the Suros Regime in PvE?
that's what he's talking about, it needs a buff in pve, hopefully coming whenever the hotfix is
It seems to be. A lot of people are really fond of it. I just got it yesterday so I haven't use it too much.

Add me on PSN if you guys are trying it soon, Dr_LawyerCop. I don't know how long I'll have to try it, but I can give it a shot. I'm a level 28 hunter, beat the raid once with my warlock friday.

if you like fusion rifles, make sure to upgrade it. it's unremarkable until then

Are people still around for this?

Maxed Gjal is much better for raid outside of specific situations. VoC and Fatebringer are probably both better than AE also. The two man team that beat hard raid both used maxed FB, maxed Praedyths Revenge and maxed Gjal. IB is still great of course, and Suros is fine but a waste of an exotic while raiding.

What time for Flawless Raider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom