• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
robert-downey-jr-wait.gif

<3

&#128299;

Milennia

It's kinda hilarious how much you don't know what you are talking about. Cheese? Seriously? We are talking about glitches specific to flawless raider runs. Please don't start insulting people when you are completely out of your depth, that's extremely rude.

Matt and I are down to try again tonight (probably ~12am EST) if we can get a good team together again. Dhruv will probably be awake by then, haha...

I'm up for it at 12 yeah

MildSoss

It's honestly not that. Been playing with 29's all week doing the hard raid. I don't have time to play tomorrow and need to finish this stuff today and that's why I personally would prefer to play with a group with at least 4 30's
As someone who's stuck on 29 I don't blame you one bit. Trying to kill adds while having to take down oracles is just way too much for a level 29. I feel like I'm just holding my team back each time I get ported and gotta deal with that.

MADGAME

Huh, where you cheesing everything? Atheon is one of the easiest parts of the raid
I think it's fairly easy on Normal, but Atheon on Hard is challening for me and and the groups I've been in.
Edit: After leveling to 30, I can kill Oracles in 5-7 shots with VoC depending on my distance, and as Relic holder I can actually dish enough damage to the Minotaur and adds to be consistent. As a 29 you can get one-shot sniped, or die fairly easily in the portal.

I'd just hate to see with 30's becoming more prevalent, 29's having a hard time finding some 30's to take them along and get what they need to no longer be a 29. Not trying to dump it on you specifically, I just hope we don't see this becoming a "thing".

I run a lot of Raids to introduce newer raiders to the Vault, and as I mentioned before I also raid with 29's in Hard. It's not like I quit when we get to Atheon, we just never seem to get it done. The group usually disbands after some time and we are left with checkpoints. You don't need Hard Raid to get to 30, anyone can achieve it by acquiring Raid gear from normal and an exotic helmet. Hard only gets you the helmet.

So like I said I don't discriminate against levels, was just looking to complete these checkpoints with max-level team. I will still run normal raids with anyone, show them the ropes like I do every weekend and hope they get Raid gear and weapons. Many on here can attest to that.

*Splinter

It's kinda hilarious how much you don't know what you are talking about. Cheese? Seriously? We are talking about glitches specific to flawless raider runs. Please don't start insulting people when you are completely out of your depth, that's extremely
You misread his post, he wasn't talking about cheese at all I think he was just referencing the OT8 title when he mentioned it. He was just saying there is a lot of whining in this thread.

Pretty hard to argue against

Also the way you try to talk down to people you disagree with looks really stupid

It's kinda hilarious how much you don't know what you are talking about. Cheese? Seriously? We are talking about glitches specific to flawless raider runs. Please don't start insulting people when you are completely out of your depth, that's extremely rude.

Matt and I are down to try again tonight (probably ~12am EST) if we can get a good team together again. Dhruv will probably be awake by then, haha...

You misread his post, he wasn't talking about cheese at all I think he was just referencing the OT8 title when he mentioned it. He was just saying there is a lot of whining in this thread.

Also the way you try to talk down to people you disagree with looks really stupid

This. Chillax.

Edit: And don´t call me Donny, Walter.

Sweet mother of mercy. If you aren't involved with our flawless teams please don't comment on our posts, you have no idea what you are talking about. I would never respond to a stranger's post and accuse them of "whining" when I'm not remotely involved in their conversation.

There's an insane amount of flawless-specific glitches which are very frustrating, especially since they were introduced by the patch that was supposed to improve Atheon "glitches." You can call it whining, but I think it's more than fair to criticize Bungie for trying to patch cheese and just introducing tons more glitches that punish people playing it straight. (not the random teleports, that's a total non-issue).

Edit: I'm not talking down to anyone, that's just how I talk. I'm trying to have a conversation with the people in this thread involved with flawless runs. Please don't insult people when you aren't familiar with their conversation. /Ignore.

This. Chillax.

I would never respond to a stranger's post and accuse them of "whining" when I'm not remotely involved in their conversation. That's extremely rude. /Ignore.

Luck isn't my favorite way to approach it. The biggest wall for me in the game was going from level 29 to 30; not discriminating just being real. I've made it through the entire Hard Raid with 2 30's and 4 29's up to Atheon, but that fight requires level 30 for almost all members. In my experience as both a 29 and in a group with 29's at Atheon the 29's just don't have the damage output in the necessary time to kill the oracles before being overwhelmed. When I was 29 with a maxed Corrective Measure, it would take half of my 100 clip to take one out, less with the armor piercing option selected but that required reloads. Either way you get expunged. My maxed VoC at 29 also took too long to kill an Oracle. If you have 2 29's in the group, then there is a chance that a 30 and 2 29's will teleport and that has a big chance to wipe.

Edit: just to clarify I do run hard raids with 29's, I just don't expect to finish Atheon. I sit on 3 Hard checkpoints each week as a result, I would like to start completing them now that more are beginning to hit the level cap.

Are you serious about all of this? Honestly I think your group is either simply playing bad or you're taking people with bad weapons.

You're also greatly over-exaggerating what it takes for a level 29 to kill an Oracle. A 30 and two 29's in a portal is perfectly fine. Play better.

Gatekeepers is a bigger gear check and is generally harder than Atheon, IMO.

MADGAME

Are you serious about all of this? Honestly I think your group is either simply playing bad or you're taking people with bad weapons.

You're also greatly over-exaggerating what it takes for a level 29 to kill an Oracle. A 30 and two 29's in a portal is perfectly fine. Play better.

Ok I'll play better thank you for the helpful advice, did not think of that during my exaggerating..

*Splinter

Sweet mother of mercy. If you aren't involved with our flawless teams please don't comment on our posts, you have no idea what you are talking about. I would never respond to a stranger's post and accuse them of "whining" when I'm not remotely involved in their conversation.

There's an insane amount of flawless-specific glitches which are very frustrating, especially since they were introduced by the patch that was supposed to improve Atheon "glitches." You can call it whining, but I think it's more than fair to criticize Bungie for trying to patch cheese and just introducing tons more glitches that punish people playing it straight. (not the random teleports, that's a total non-issue).

I would never respond to a stranger's post and accuse them of "whining" when I'm not remotely involved in their conversation. That's extremely rude. /Ignore.

This. Chillax
lol

Alucrid

Banned

I did gatekeepers last night with 4 29s and 2 30s. I just ran in solo as a 30, killed the left gatekeeper with gjallarhorn, ran out dropped the relic, did the same thing in the right portal and ran out. So it's pretty easy if you have one 30 with a gjallarhorn lol.

Thoughts while playing titan: tiger knee is op as fuck. Why does no complain about this like everything else?

Unlike Street Figher people have shotguns here

edit: full.

sorry to all those who posted!! Will let you know if we lose someone. Feel free to send me a FR on PSN anyhow.

Lol lots of drama in this thread...

Anyone on PS4 want to help out with Atheon VoG hard mode? Need 3 more. PSN: MrChowderClam

1) MrChowderClam (29)
2) Tokems (29)
3) Camokid (30)
4) jdubbs (29)
5) lionel (29)
6) rNilla (29)

Would like some more 30s (ideally 2 more) to help inside the portals

I disagree because with the gatekeeper you can be more tactical. You can assess the strength and weaknesses of your teammates and assign roles. With Atheon you can no longer do this.

In. PSN rNilla.

Hey Nilla welcome back! - I think Camo should've sent you an invite :D

Edit:

Anyone on PS4 want to help out with Atheon VoG hard mode? Need 3 more. PSN: MrChowderClam

1) MrChowderClam (29)
2) Tokems (29)
3) Camokid (30)
4) rNilla (29)
5)
6)

SonComet

1) MrChowderClam (29)
2) Tokems (29)
3) Camokid (30)
4)
5)
6)

I'd love to give hard mode a shot. Only 29 if you'll take me. PSN is the same as my name on here.

1) MrChowderClam (29)
2) Tokems (29)
3) Camokid (30)
4)
5)
6)

I'd be down. Level 29, Sun Warlock. PSN: Carolina-Blue. Maxed VoC, Icebreaker, ect...

milkham

Edit: I'm not talking down to anyone, that's just how I talk. I'm trying to have a conversation with the people in this thread involved with flawless runs. Please don't insult people when you aren't familiar with their conversation. /Ignore.

I think you may be the only abrasive person in this thread man.

gunawi

1) MrChowderClam (29)
2) Tokems (29)
3) Camokid (30)
4)
5)
6)

I'm down if you allow Hunter 29. Psn gunawi

Lima

Lol this is hilarious. Stop sucking guys. First time we did hard raid we had a full team of 29's. It's more than doable at that level. As Bungie would say get gud.

LiK

I need the floor video in my life, haha. I would upload the GK health regen, but it's just depressing and not very funny. Especially since it's a pretty common glitch.

i notice the health regen BS is server lag. when it happens the enemies sorta stutter in their movements.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

MADGAME is a skilled player who has led many groups of various composition through the raid. Telling him personally to improve in response to the scenario he was referring to is laughably dismissive.
i feel like we need a best of OT section in the next thread. add this and hawkian forgetting to add himself to a raid for starters.
We'd have been fine without me D:

*Splinter

Lol this is hilarious. Stop sucking guys. First time we did hard raid we had a full team of 29's. It's more than doable at that level. As Bungie would say get gud.
I've been trying to moderate my posts lately, so I'm glad someone said this for me ^^

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just need to vent just a little

I like helping people, I love coming into someones game and being the extra push to get you the win/loot

It gets crazy when people think you helped them that time, that now I have some sacred bond with them and have to help them through all their endeavors

One person in particular sent me 20+ invites to help them with their 2nd alt who was 25 to do NF and Weekly and almost carry them to win just because I helped them out before
I messaged them that I was doing VoG Hard and was busy, and still they kept harassing me with messages to come...

Some people think a helping hand means from now on some bloodoath has been bonded and I'm in their servitude for ever

>_<

Sorry for Ranting =/

Good News, first week all 3 character finished all Normal Raid and 2/3 Hard Raid ^_^
My Hunter got her boots, woo-hoo!

All my 3 chars will be 29 before next reset

Warlock needs Raid Boots and Helmet
Titan & Hunter need Raid Gauntlets

timnich

Ok folks, who likes cheese and a chance at Fatebringer and other goodies? I have 3x hard checkpoints at the Oracles... I haven't done it before but I understand you can snipe all the Oracles from the perch once the fight is triggered. After that Templar cheese is still viable, anyone up for some loots? Looking for some 28+ and hopefully at least a handful with Oracle killers.

PS4 = Qwell

Are you still looking for more?

I'm bored at the moment anyone want me to sherpa them through VOG in 20 minutes 8pm EST? if you're scared of doing the raid because you may suck now is the time to do it!

PSN: ilikespiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom