• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante that will be the least of your worries :p

I feel like I'm trapped in some Sisyphean nightmare where a cruel god invents a new way to wipe us every run.

I finally wiped a run thanks to the left GKeeper regen'ing half his health. Then we had Atheon down to half health and somebody fell through the solid floor.

I just... want to be done with it...

Namikaze1

Pls be patient. Did you not see my legs?
robert-downey-jr-wait.gif

Zakalwe

Banned
I feel like I'm trapped in some Sisyphean nightmare where a cruel god invents a new way to wipe us every run.

I finally wiped a run thanks to the left GKeeper regen'ing half his health. Then we had Atheon down to half health and somebody fell through the solid floor.

Even Sisyphus wouldn't understand.

The floor glitch man. There's nothing we can do to protect against that or even prepare for it.

They need to fix the raid. They fix it, we auto Flawless. It'll be the easiest run ever.

Have they even mentioned the glitches yet?

Atheon opens the trapdoor

Sure, if we can get 4 more 30's.

Calling all 30's - have 3 Atheon Hard checkpoints. If you are like me you may do the Hard raid with a mix of 29's/30's, but the Atheon fight can be too challenging with more than one 29 in the group. Get your Oracle killers out and let's team up.

No need to discriminate against 29's. If you have 4 30's you are guaranteed to have a 30 to hold the relic.We did it last night with 3 and 3. All it took was one lucky run where there was a 30 on each teleport.

it does get thrown over the place, unless they have the unflinching perk. that's the sole reason i'm using a rare sniper over Praedyth's Revenge.

The only thing I use is Ice Breaker and the couple times I've used it in crucible it barely moves at all when I get shot and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have that perk. Maybe a quarter inch on my screen at most and it's easily corrected, especially with the hilarious aim assist.

I get why people use them. People say Ice Breaker is one of the worst to use in PvP and I still felt like a god. Just get somewhat near their head and you win. No real aiming or skill necessary and you're far enough away to keep out of real harm.

Atheon opens the trapdoor

Haha I was too flummoxed at the time, we should watch the video to see if that text popped up.

He ported 0 people at least 3 straight rounds, then ported 3 people the next few rounds but the adds spawned in weird ass places each time. Minotaur was on the right side, halfway up the stairs, then a hobgoblin spawned right next to the relic at the very top... what a fucking nightmare.

Deej responded to one reddit post about some of the glitches (not flawless-specific ones) and said "powers that be are aware" or some meaningless crap like that. Expect glitches to be fixed by Q2 2017.

kuppy

Sure, if we can get 4 more 30's.

Calling all 30's - have 3 Atheon Hard checkpoints. If you are like me you may do the Hard raid with a mix of 29's/30's, but the Atheon fight can be too challenging with more than one 29 in the group. Get your Oracle killers out and let's team up.
Oh wait, your PSN ID is?
I'm a level 30 Hunter, kuppii930

LiK

holy shit, fell through the floor? unbelievable...

Even Sisyphus wouldn't understand.

The floor glitch man. There's nothing we can do to protect against that or even prepare for it.

They need to fix the raid. They fix it, we auto Flawless. It'll be the easiest run ever.

besides the "bug" about Atheon teleporting the back 3, I have heard noting.

patchday

It's mindnumbing for sure, and they should be a purchasable item somehow, but I usually mix some bounties in with the farming so it's less boring.

Moon and Mars both have pretty good farm routes which will give you quick mats, glimmers, and engrams from time to time. Do look them up. They probably won't make the whole farming experience a positive to you; but they will surely make them much less annoying.

try the buried city run, then. a lot shorter with roughly the same amount of chests. More enemy encounters with a high cabal major spawn rate. I run my "kill 10 cabal major/ultra" bounty there and can usually get it done in minutes. It's also a great place to farm glimmers if you pop a resupply order right before you start the run.

I finished my first raid today, didn't get any raid gear either but at least some good weapons and chatterwhite.

Make sure you wear a headset any tie you're farming materials since you can hear both chests and materials and makes farming a lot easier

Thanks guys for listening to my whines.

I h grabbed all the mats I needed in less than 2 hrs. I got lucky while on the moon and opened a chest that gave me 12 helium. It was total luck but a godsend.

Yeah I even enjoyed myself sort of. Public events even spawned to break up the routine. Looted another legendary ship while I was there as well. It was if Bungie knew I was going to have a breakdown and had mercy on me.

both my items are now maxed out. :)

KodaRuss

No need to discriminate against 29's. If you have 4 30's you are guaranteed to have a 30 to hold the relic.We did it last night with 3 and 3. All it took was one lucky run where there was a 30 on each teleport.

Ya, we beat Atheon last night with only 2 30s in two portals.

Whenever we have a Venus port we would send someone else in the portal to help with Minotaur/oracles.

That was a good run I jumped into at the end, thank god I wasn't "that" guy, sounded tough soloing the time jump though. :(

I got solo ported both times and had solo'ed those parts fine, it's not that bad. My cleanse timer had just filled up and I cleaned myself and was coming to cleanse everyone else but one of the oracles must have been missed, I'm still not sure which one. We need to make sure everyone knows the order and location of oracles spawns in each portal.

Why did you edit the other part out? That's key! I can clear Venus just fine at 29, but I need at least one rocket to connect with the Praetorian first.

ya my rocket/golden gun/icebreaker make short work of the adds before the first oracle spawns. i also walk down the stairs to help out the relic holder if they engage the adds, but it's rarely necessary.

but that's just my strat and there's only 1 of me in a portal at a time.

I am totally tired of all of Destiny's bullshit, but the one thing I can't wait to do is the DLC moon raid completely blind. It's really the only reason I'm getting the DLC.

Going into a new co-op raid experience with people you like playing with having no fucking idea what's about to happen to you and having to figure it out piece-by-piece is one of the best and most rewarding experiences in gaming. It's also one of the rarest.

Didn't get to do it like that with VoG, but making sure it happens with Crota's End.

MADGAME

Luck isn't my favorite way to approach it. The biggest wall for me in the game was going from level 29 to 30; not discriminating just being real. I've made it through the entire Hard Raid with 2 30's and 4 29's up to Atheon, but that fight requires level 30 for almost all members. In my experience as both a 29 and in a group with 29's at Atheon the 29's just don't have the damage output in the necessary time to kill the oracles before being overwhelmed. When I was 29 with a maxed Corrective Measure, it would take half of my 100 clip to take one out, less with the armor piercing option selected but that required reloads. Either way you get expunged. My maxed VoC at 29 also took too long to kill an Oracle. If you have 2 29's in the group, then there is a chance that a 30 and 2 29's will teleport and that has a big chance to wipe.

Edit: just to clarify I do run hard raids with 29's, I just don't expect to finish Atheon. I sit on 3 Hard checkpoints each week as a result, I would like to start completing them now that more are beginning to hit the level cap.

Oh wait, your PSN ID is?
I'm a level 30 Hunter, kuppii930

Same as GAF

Milennia

I got solo ported both times and had solo'ed those parts fine, it's not that bad. My cleanse timer had just filled up and I cleaned myself and was coming to cleanse everyone else but one of the oracles must have been missed, I'm still not sure which one. We need to make sure everyone knows the order and location of oracles spawns in each portal.
Yup we just need the same team back again

Need to find out when everyone is good to go again because I can go whenever

Also can confirm falling through the upper part of the right sync plate is a great way of dying whilst teleporting to the left sync plate where my body ended up

Ya, we beat Atheon last night with only 2 30s in two portals.

Whenever we have a Venus port we would send someone else in the portal to help with Minotaur/oracles.

I've seen that tried, but most of the time the person coming in to help doesn't know what Oracle to shoot at to keep them in order. Also doesn't help that I keep moving forward shooting the Oracles, so if the adds aren't dealt with real quick I usually get killed while staring up.

*Splinter

Luck isn't my favorite way to approach it. The biggest wall for me in the game was going from level 29 to 30; not discriminating just being real. I've made it through the entire Hard Raid with 2 30's and 4 29's up to Atheon, but that fight requires level 30 for almost all members. In my experience as both a 29 and in a group with 29's at Atheon the 29's just don't have the damage output in the necessary time to kill the oracles before being overwhelmed. When I was 29 with a maxed Corrective Measure, it would take half of my 100 clip to take one out, less with the armor piercing option selected but that required reloads. Either way you get expunged. My maxed VoC at 29 also took too long to kill an Oracle. If you have 2 29's in the group, then there is a chance that a 30 and 2 29's will teleport and that has a big chance to wipe.

Edit: just to clarify I do run hard raids with 29's, I just don't expect to finish Atheon. I sit on 3 Hard checkpoints each week as a result, I would like to start completing them now that more are beginning to hit the level cap.

Same as GAF
Huh, where you cheesing everything? Atheon is one of the easiest parts of the raid

Edit: just to clarify I do run hard raids with 29's, I just don't expect to finish Atheon. I sit on 3 Hard checkpoints each week as a result.

Same as GAF

I'd just hate to see with 30's becoming more prevalent, 29's having a hard time finding some 30's to take them along and get what they need to no longer be a 29. Not trying to dump it on you specifically, I just hope we don't see this becoming a "thing".

Deej responded to one reddit post about some of the glitches (not flawless-specific ones) and said "powers that be are aware" or some meaningless crap like that. Expect glitches to be fixed by Q2 2017.

What did you want him to say? "We are aware of the problem"? It´s the same thing. The amount of whining in this thread is awful. At least there is enough cheese.

todd360

I'd just hate to see with 30's becoming more prevalent, 29's having a hard time finding some 30's to take them along and get what they need to no longer be a 29. Not trying to dump it on you specifically, I just hope we don't see this becoming a "thing".

What is that guy talking about? Hard raid at level 29 isn't that tough.

Qwell

Ok folks, who likes cheese and a chance at Fatebringer and other goodies? I have 3x hard checkpoints at the Oracles... I haven't done it before but I understand you can snipe all the Oracles from the perch once the fight is triggered. After that Templar cheese is still viable, anyone up for some loots? Looking for some 28+ and hopefully at least a handful with Oracle killers.

PS4 = Qwell

X-Frame

As someone who's been incredibly unlucky with raid gear drops, I am currently putting shards into my regular Legendary just to hit 29 -- so yeah, I hope so as well.

It's honestly not that. Been playing with 29's all week doing the hard raid. I don't have time to play tomorrow and need to finish this stuff today and that's why I personally would prefer to play with a group with at least 4 30's

Milennia

i wish we got it done pre patch eazy mode 4 life status =/

now its all about getting lucky with bug rotation

would have been flawless over 30 times by now personally

What did you want him to say? "We are aware of the problem"? It´s the same thing. The amount of whining in this thread is awful. At least there is enough cheese.

It's kinda hilarious how much you don't know what you are talking about. Cheese? Seriously? We are talking about glitches specific to flawless raider runs. Please don't start insulting people when you are completely out of your depth, that's extremely rude.

Yup we just need the same team back again

Need to find out when everyone is good to go again because I can go whenever

Also can confirm falling through the upper part of the right sync plate is a great way of dying whilst teleporting to the left sync plate where my body ended up

Matt and I are down to try again tonight (probably ~12am EST) if we can get a good team together again. Dhruv will probably be awake by then, haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom