• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Raid time!

I've got 2 people in the group so far so looking for four more. Looking to start in about half an hour for a normal raid.

Ps4 gdt5016. Add me or quote me and we'll all get together.

Tovarisc

We basically 5 manned Flawless Raider because game was dipshit and kicked one GAFfer out :(

fq8a4Mr.jpg

Edit: One being ethomaz, I feel so bad about it :(

Cømet

Banned
Looking for a solid 3 for hard Mode at Atheon around 6:30 eastern time. Add greenymac or Dante316.

1. Greeny
2. Dante316
3. Tysonbane

There will be no drugs or alcohol allowed and all contraband will be confiscated prior to entering the vault. thank you.

But playing drunk is the best way to play! :D

Anyone wanna set up a hard raid? I'm a level 30 hunter looking for a group. PSN: SaneManPritch,

I'm down.....and almost certain I already have you. ASAP or?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's also a place you can go to get patched up, which is how it's much more commonly used.

Well played Bungie.
actually hearing you put it like that, a clinic is where you go for minor medical attention, a _____ clinic tends to refer to some sort of educational workshop on the topic that goes in the blank... thus my confusion when everyone immediately assumed it had something to do with a patch with no other evidence but oh well. i'm getting that it's fun to consider bungie a pack of clueless incompetents during the course of playing their game so it's all good.
Thanks trovarsic, dejavuh82, rheldion, and ando. Did it with 5 people. Ethomaz got kicked at confux by a error.
Daaaamn congrats and holy crap that sucks Ethomaz :-[

Zocano

Looking for a solid 3 for hard Mode at Atheon around 6:30 eastern time. Add greenymac or Dante316.

1. Greeny
2. Dante316
3. Tysonbane

There will be no drugs or alcohol allowed and all contraband will be confiscated prior to entering the vault. thank you.

I'm down for it. Lv 30 Titan.

PSN is Zocano

Bizazedo

actually hearing you put it like that, a clinic is where you go for minor medical attention, a _____ clinic tends to refer to some sort of educational workshop on the topic that goes in the blank... thus my confusion when everyone immediately assumed it had something to do with a patch with no other evidence but oh well. i'm getting that it's fun to consider bungie a pack of clueless incompetents during the course of playing their game so it's all good.
Daaaamn congrats and holy crap that sucks Ethomaz :-[
Sure, but that's why the other poster said this is a gaffe. I agree with you, Bungie didn't do anything wrong, but it's a great example of what a gaffe is. Not thinking through exactly what was said, even if in isolation.

Even your statement, _____ clinic.

Health clinic.
Abortion clinic.
Pediatric Clinic.

Right off the top of my head.

If I type in "clinic" in google, the four options it asks me to finish with are....

Clinical
Clinical trials
Clinical depression
Clinical psychology

I get what and why you're defending Bungie, a lot of stuff they get is harsh and maybe even unfair, but people misunderstanding this one is pretty understandable.

1. Greeny
2. Dante316
3. Tysonbane

I'm down! Was looking for people earlier. Leverl 29 Hunter

Cosmos_Man

Qwell

1. Greeny
2. Dante316
3. Tysonbane

If you still have room I'll join, PSN = Qwell and I have you on my list already Greeny, I'll be bringing my 30 warlock with maxed AE, VoC, PR, and CM. Oh and IB

coy

Grats to more flawless. Real cool seeing folks get thru, warts and all in the raid. And this clinic talk? I was paying attention waiting to hear what possible changes may occur. Of course, it is completely unrelated to what many were thinking. Count me as another sucker, Bungie.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sure, but that's why the other poster said this is a gaffe. I agree with you, Bungie didn't do anything wrong, but it's a great example of what a gaffe is. Not thinking through exactly what was said, even if in isolation.

Even your statement, _____ clinic.

Health clinic.
Abortion clinic.
Pediatric Clinic.

Right off the top of my head.

If I type in "clinic" in google, the four options it asks me to finish with are....

Clinical
Clinical trials
Clinical depression
Clinical psychology

I get what and why you're defending Bungie, a lot of stuff they get is harsh and maybe even unfair, but people misunderstanding this one is pretty understandable.
no you're right on the money about that. all the examples I thought of in my head were probably from the search I did earlier.

Dante316

Good shit. So what happened during Atheon phase?

He teleported 2 ppl, then 3s, we just got out, ghallarhorns and snipers. I almost died defending central conflux at gatekeeper, was running and had to hide for 5 seconds lol, suxs about ethomaz though. .., hardest was jumping for me only.

LiK

He teleported 2 ppl, then 3s, we just got out, ghallarhorns and snipers. I almost died defending central conflux at gatekeeper, was running and had to hide for 5 seconds lol, suxs about ethomaz though. .., hardest was jumping for me only.

Good job. Once that trophy pops, the feeling is so worth it.

1. Greeny
2. Dante316
3. Tysonbane

If I'm not playing while high, I'm not really playing. I've never completed the hard raid while completely sober. I wonder what it's like. I'm not going to find out, but I do wonder.

Cømet

Banned
Completely missed that Greeny's run was for Atheon, crap. Oh well, there's enough folks already asked so the search continues.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damnit, I should have mentioned and thanked all you flawless runners yesterday after using a trick in our raid last night...

When someone outside was dead right before a teleport, it teleported just me alone into one of the portals. I grabbed the relic and ran like a bat out of hell and they got the gate open, popped out and we didn't succumb to the Oracles, saving the run (we went on to beat Atheon that attempt).

So thanks to you pioneers who figured out that worked, it's something all raiders should know. It's possible to be "non-glitch" teleported alone if two people are dead on the outside, and it can keep your run alive.

Yeah I have a hard time defending them on that one...

When you have something that is broken, and you are trying not to call attention to that, seems pretty silly to use any word that could be misinterpreted so easily in reference to it.

I saw the tweet, I thought, "Oh, well maybe they have been so quiet about the bugs because they have been working hard on a patch and didn't want to speak of it prematurely, and today they are going to roll it out. Surprising, cool."

Probably because when I see the word "raid" now I quickly associate it with "buggy". But yeah. Pretty foolish diction there. Poor guys, can't catch a break.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I have a hard time defending them on that one...

When you have something that is broken, and you are trying not to call attention to that, seems pretty silly to use any word that could be misinterpreted so easily in reference to it.

I saw the tweet, I thought, "Oh, well maybe they have been so quiet about the bugs because they have been working hard on a patch and didn't want to speak of it prematurely, and today they are going to roll it out. Surprising, cool."

Probably because when I see the word "raid" now I quickly associate it with "buggy". But yeah. Pretty foolish diction there. Poor guys, can't catch a break.
that makes sense. and they probably thought they were just doling out some helpful tips to those who haven't beaten it yet

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In 1 hour, the Datto and DeeJ Destiny Raid Stream-o-Ganza (Hyper Arcade Turbo Edition) w/ @DeeJ_BNG featuring DeeJ stream will begin.
does anyone have any idea if this would be anything remotely worth watching

stb

9pm Eastern Time. Here is our roster:
1. Hawkian
2. airjimmy
3. Berried_treasurE
4. EyelessOrphan
5. the7thAssassin
6. mcstevens88

You never know when we'll have a no-show, though- so stay tuned if you're interested in getting in tonight!

I (Berried_treasurE) need to bow out of the Raid on Training Wheels tonight, so mstevens can have my spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom