• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Pulse Rifles are like any other class of gun -- some of them are garbage and others are not. You need to find the right PR. Red Death is a crazy good gun that just gets ignored because it's a pulse rifle. It's accurate, staggers enemies and on top of all of that, it heals you with every kill. I have it near maxed and it's awesome. I haven't come across someone else using it in weeks which is disappointing -- people are missing out. In PvP it actually does pretty well on the bigger maps, but in the end Auto Rifles gonna Auto Rifle.

Stranger's Rifle is bad in PvE end game because it's a rare. In PvP it's on par with Red Death.

Yes, the Red Death seems to be the exception to the rule, would try it if I ever got it, but other PRs just aren't worth using over other choices (HCs, ARs, SRs). The fact that the only truly viable PR is an exotic is disappointing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not guaranteed. Got a purple boot engram for my Titan and all I needed for my Hunter was purple boots, so I gave it to her and it decrypted into Warlock boots. I only just got her up to 28 last night instead of last weekend because of this.
That could've been the case even if you simply opened it on the Titan. Blue engrams will always decrypt to gear for the class having decrypted the engram (and thus dismantle into that class upgrade material)

Arrrammis

Did anyone post about this? There was a post on Reddit recently talking about how Destiny was helping with their husband's physical therapy after some brain surgeries. Apparently Bungie dropped this in his Postmaster inbox today:

Pretty cool of them. Poster plans on posting some videos of it in action later.

A scout rifle with a 7 round mag? No thanks.

The FOAF almost seems more like a hand cannon than a scout rifle in terms of stats; Low clip size, RoF, and stability, with high impact. Could be an interesting weapon, I'm curious to see how it handles.

Did anyone post about this? There was a post on Reddit recently talking about how Destiny was helping with their husband's physical therapy after some brain surgeries. Apparently Bungie dropped this in his Postmaster inbox today:

Fate of All Fools

Pretty cool of them. Poster plans on posting some videos of it in action later.

What the fuuuuuck. That's awesome! Dude is probably the only person aside from devs to have that gun right now. I wasn't even convinced it existed to be honest.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So basically the two best SRs are Fire based.
that's right, it's also the only non-raid weapon and only primary exotic to have an element

all of the exotic bounty guns are supposed to be solar it seems, and that's one of them

Why? There are like 10+ Atheon glitches and they need to be fixed before anything else.

Was unclear, saying I hope they don't just spend all their time patching the Templar cheese rather than fixing the Atheon bugs, like last time. when they patched Atheon but left the other bugs during the encounter.

LiK

Was unclear, saying I hope they don't just spend all their time patching the Templar cheese rather than fixing the Atheon bugs, like last time. when they patched Atheon but left the other bugs during the encounter.

I'm gonna laugh if they fix Templar cheese and then break the fight there as well.

Yes, the Red Death seems to be the exception to the rule, would try it if I ever got it, but other PRs just aren't worth using over other choices (HCs, ARs, SRs). The fact that the only truly viable PR is an exotic is disappointing.

Wish the strangers rifle had higher attack cause that thing rocks during patrol

Steroyd

Raid clinic? Oh dear god, raid bros got to get that shit done today!

Most of the best weapons are.

VoC
Mythoclast
Pocket Infinity
Ice Breaker
G'horn
Invective

There are probably more examples...

I don't know, so far i'm leaning more towards Plan C, Pocket infinity would have been regarded higher if they didn't deservedly nerf the clip size.

EL CUCO

I love how Bungie shines the spotlight on these Flawless Raiders but I've yet to hear them say a peep about TLH 2 manning Hard mode.

Well, Knights currently have arc shields for weekly/nightfall stuff, so I'll definitely be leveling my arc weapons for the raid.

you don't need to worry about that unless the raid has the epic modifier. Each enemy race only has one shielded enemy type normally.

Fallen: Arc Captains
Hive: Solar Wizards
Vex: Void Minotaurs
Cabal: Solar Centurion

If it was epic it would be, in addition to the above, Solar Shanks, Arc Knights, Arc Harpies and Void Psions, respectively.

hehe. I don't use ARs or Shotguns on my hunter at all XD

Halo 2 is my favorite console FPS though. I'd love MCC I'm sure but I'm not buying and Xbone.

Yeah I was saying you should find out if they can make it to a weekly thursday one? Like, if they can all do a week from today, a 9pm? I'd have no problem taking them through on that
Yeah there's no real reason to buy either console yet unless you have disposable income but that will change in 2015. You having a PS4 already, hard to make the argument for XBO if Halo isn't enough to justify a console purchase for you. I was struggling with the decision myself but then that Training program I mentioned last night came up and who would pass on getting one free ;P I'm also interested in checking out that Quantum Break game since I loved Alan Wake and want to see Remedy's next effort.Hopefully XBO will have more exclusives that I care about but I can see MCC getting some nice hours from me and I'm praying that 343 learned their lesson and Halo 5 will return to form. Pls.

Oh, I didn't know if you'd be cool with them taking up so many slots versus more gaffers. I'll ask them if a Thursday would be ok. I almost want to say one of them had problems with Tuesdays and Thursdays but I'll double check.
Is this better than VoC?

Nah, most of the reasons VoC is tops still applies here. Advantage of being a Legendary so you can equip IB or Ballerhorn, auto fire, bonus oracle damage and still has perfect stability. I don't find the Fools perk useful in the slightest, you should be aiming for the head with EVERY shot so what's the point of stacking up on body before popping the head? Obviously Vex are an exception to the head rule ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom