• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante316

Thank you for the congrats guya. Im only 3 trophies away from a platinum I think. The ghosts, the titan subclass and hunter subclass.

Last two games from the stream:

igDRrFtZF2XSZ.png

ixtDMm218hT3Q.png

<3 Thorn + Corrective Measure

Tovarisc

i'm getting that it's fun to consider bungie a pack of clueless incompetents during the course of playing their game so it's all good.

Whether they are or are not clueless incompetents, they are doing their best to portray themselves as exactly that. It's most certainly not "fun" to me that they constantly come off as such.

I appreciate the "early-adoption" excuse but that ship has sailed. There is a lot of value in a mea culpa but they have yet to offer an honest one. I think that would allay many of their fans' (of which I'm one) concerns. Come out and tell me what you're working on, do you even hear the complaints? What is a bug and what is a designed mechanic? Shit, tell me that you don't care about my complaints and that what I see is what I get. The "mystery" is what comes off as incompetent.

To not do any of the above and make statements all the while telling everyone how great and rosy everything is going is either disingenuous or incompetent. I'm not sure which is worse.

realcZk

It would be kinda hilarious if Atheon bugged fuck out on their asses.

are they doing ps4 since datto plays ps4? i saw deej played an extra hour last night on his PS4 account to hit 26 on his warlock. looks like hes a little low on glimmer. yes i stalk him

[15:40:57] DinkleBot: PSN: deej_bng | Grimoire: 1375 | Glimmer: 64 | Hours Played: 64 | Characters: 26 Warlock
[15:41:00] DinkleBot: XBL: deej bng | Grimoire: 1670 | Glimmer: 3368 | Hours Played: 144 | Characters: 28 Warlock

jaaz

This raid post-patch is just a barrel o' glitches ain't it? Last night we got treated to the following deliciousness:

• Only one or two players get teleported during timestream
  • The relics' "shield" not working or suddenly suffering a critical failure allowing Atheon to kill everyone within it--at the same time
  • The relic shield all of a sudden turns into a titan bubble and explodes rockets back in your face
  • Adds regaining health and one-shotting the relic holder inside the portals
  • Relic holder or other players walking through the portal and ending up in an alternate universe, devoid of space and time
  • Relic not cleansing a player despite the player being close enough to the relic holder to kiss him

Tovarisc

are they doing ps4 since datto plays ps4? i saw deej played an extra hour last night on his PS4 account to hit 26 on his warlock. looks like hes a little low on glimmer. yes i stalk him

[15:40:57] DinkleBot: PSN: deej_bng | Grimoire: 1375 | Glimmer: 64 | Hours Played: 64 | Characters: 26 Warlock
[15:41:00] DinkleBot: XBL: deej bng | Grimoire: 1670 | Glimmer: 3368 | Hours Played: 144 | Characters: 28 Warlock

Yeah I would assume so. As far I know Datto doesn't own X1 at all. So they speedrun through normal VoG then?

does anyone have any idea if this would be anything remotely worth watching

Watching a pre patch run? Probably not.

But the money I would pay to watch a livestream of Bungie employees doing the raid...instant gold.

I ran into a new bug in the raid, not sure if anybody else has seen this. Landed on Venus, everyone got into position to start forming the Spire. We get notified it is forming.

Sync plates don't show white like we are controlling them.

No enemies are spawning.

Really glitchy looking spire starts forming.

No enemies.

"The Spire has been formed".

Door opens.

A helpful bug, for once.

Sure, anytime.
Cool, sent you a PM
Damnit, I should have mentioned and thanked all you flawless runners yesterday after using a trick in our raid last night...

When someone outside was dead right before a teleport, it teleported just me alone into one of the portals. I grabbed the relic and ran like a bat out of hell and they got the gate open, popped out and we didn't succumb to the Oracles, saving the run (we went on to beat Atheon that attempt).

So thanks to you pioneers who figured out that worked, it's something all raiders should know. It's possible to be "non-glitch" teleported alone if two people are dead on the outside, and it can keep your run alive.
Yeah I made sure to sit on the opposite pillar from the other defenders every time in case this happened plus it helps clean up all the supplicants faster so when you ported in alone, I was instantly opening the portal for you. It's a must practice for Flawless runs but something I think translates well across the board.

But the money I would pay to watch a livestream of Bungie employees doing the raid...instant gold.

I ran into a new bug in the raid, not sure if anybody else has seen this. Landed on Venus, everyone got into position to start forming the Spire. We get notified it is forming.

Sync plates don't show white like we are controlling them.

No enemies are spawning.

Really glitchy looking spire starts forming.

No enemies.

"The Spire has been formed".

Door opens.

A helpful bug, for once.

Yup, my team got that one last night. Literally happened exactly like that.

EL CUCO

I think Datto is about to stream a Raid with Deej.

Feorax

This raid post-patch is just a barrel o' glitches ain't it? Last night we got treated to the following deliciousness:

• The relics' "shield" not working or suddenly suffering a critical failure allowing Atheon to kill everyone within it--at the same time
  • The relic shield all of a sudden turns into a titan bubble and explodes rockets back in your face
  • Relic holder or other players walking through the portal and ending up in an alternate universe, devoid of space and time
  • Relic not cleansing a player despite the player being close enough to the relic holder to kiss him

Reminds me. Doing the raid for the first time a couple of days ago, and someone insisted on putting up a fucking Titan shield over the relic shield every time we were able to do damage to Atheon. I mean, seriously, what the fuck? Died so many times from my own fucking rockets...

Eurgh, wish this game would give me some energy instead of shards all the time. I can't really progress at the moment and upgrade any weapons because it rarely gives me energy. Every daily I get 2 shards and a public event, which I rarely get anything for but if I do the postmaster hands me a Mote of Light now instead more often than not.

So about how many hours or matches does it normally take to max out the 100 Crucible marks for the week? I just realized that's the one trophy associated with Crucible I still don't have. I'm guessing I should wait for the reset on Tuesday but maybe it's not as time consuming as I think. Could work on Thorn bounty and this at the same time.

zewone

So about how many hours or matches does it normally take to max out the 100 Crucible marks for the week? I just realized that's the one trophy associated with Crucible I still don't have. I'm guessing I should wait for the reset on Tuesday but maybe it's not as time consuming as I think. Could work on Thorn bounty and this at the same time.

You can max it in just a few hours a day. If you have free time on the weekend it's a breeze.

matmanx1

I'm searching for a way to get better at PVP in general but especially for the Thorn bounty and the 500 void kills. This is on my Titan so of course I can get a few kills a match with my grenade or with a melee kill but beyond that I am struggling.

I have a blue fusion rifle and shotgun that are void based but being a primary handcannon user I am not yet comfortable with trying to use either of them to any kind of effect in PVP. Shotguns are easy in close quarters but useless at any distance. Fusion rifles have the range but get beat in close due to the charge time.

I think it comes down to me playing better and learning to be a better PVP'er but in the meantime it is sort of frustrating.

I do have a question though: Does anyone use the supressor grenade from the Defender tree? Is it good at all? It seems like sort of a trolling tool in PVP but only if it affects a fairly wide area and sticks around for more than a few seconds.

Add ;)

PSN: ethomaz

Anybody up for flawless or three guys raid?

I do want to start doing Flawless runs regularly but might not be able to tonight unless people continue to do it late. I have to go to my folks' place so probably won't be home until 11 EST but if you guys are west coast it will only be 8 ;p

Reminds me. Doing the raid for the first time a couple of days ago, and someone insisted on putting up a fucking Titan shield over the relic shield every time we were able to do damage to Atheon. I mean, seriously, what the fuck? Died so many times from my own fucking rockets...

They usually don't work in the relic shield anyway. You sure it was a Titan bubble?

I've seen plenty of people kill themselves with rockets pre-patch inside the relic shield. Don't use rockets in it.
If I remember correctly, I think your accent was Portuguese? I was a little inebriated but that's what I heard.

:looool

Irish/English hybrid.

We got lucky, nothing broke. He teleported either 2 or 3 guys each cycle and we just rolled with it.

edit: game looked that we are doing 5 man so it took mercy on us?

Congrats on the flawless here, I've heard about a lot of teams doing 5 man on purpose, but that really sucks for the one guy that got DC'ed. Atheon is funny that way, you can definitely get really lucky and have no/very few glitches or you can have a glitch nightmare.

Flawless raiders: I just got on now, looks like you have a strong team going so just shoot me an invite if someone has to drop. I'll probably be doing of BoIsaac

Damnit, I should have mentioned and thanked all you flawless runners yesterday after using a trick in our raid last night...

When someone outside was dead right before a teleport, it teleported just me alone into one of the portals. I grabbed the relic and ran like a bat out of hell and they got the gate open, popped out and we didn't succumb to the Oracles, saving the run (we went on to beat Atheon that attempt).

So thanks to you pioneers who figured out that worked, it's something all raiders should know. It's possible to be "non-glitch" teleported alone if two people are dead on the outside, and it can keep your run alive.

Haha very nice, good save!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I (Berried_treasurE) need to bow out of the Raid on Training Wheels tonight, so mstevens can have my spot.

9pm Eastern Time. Here is our roster:
1. Hawkian
2. airjimmy
3. OPEN
4. EyelessOrphan
5. the7thAssassin
6. mcstevens88

need one for a very laid-back, patient raid intended mostly for newbies!

Fenix gets the spot if he sees this before it's time, otherwise it will be the first to reply to this post.
it's 50 losses, or 33.3 wins for the week. So basically 7 losses or 4 wins a day. it really goes by pretty quick if you do a few of the crucible bounties each day.

I think that's what it sounds like will be happening so enjoy!

EL CUCO

They usually don't work in the relic shield anyway. You sure it was a Titan bubble?

Lol I'd thumb up a YouTube video of a guy going in the shield over and over just to get killed by his own rocket

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone else find it a bit odd that no one has dug up the loot numbers/tables for Destiny, either from an insider leak or digging through the disc a bit?

You can literally find Loot tables for Diablo 3 that are so accurate, intricate and precise that your head will spin -- things that show exact chances of items dropping in certain situations -- difficulty, class you're playing, etc.

Since Destiny has so fewer variables -- far less loot items, for one -- it seems like something concrete would be known by now.

We don't even know if Xur is random or calculated. Kinda weird.

koryuken

Sounds fun :) We had some of those bugs last night as well on hard. To add to this list, we had a bug where Atheon started shooting his rockets as fast as a machinegun. Once the relic bubble was released, we all got wiped because we literally had 15 projects blast us in one second.

it's 50 losses, or 33.3 wins for the week. So basically 7 losses or 4 wins a day. it really goes by pretty quick if you do a few of the crucible bounties each day.

I knew someone on here would have done precise math :D Thanks! I should probably just wait until the reset then unless I can find decent time to plug away on the weekend or put a team together that will rek guardians.

Speaking of math, I miss you Everday Math! We've went through so many threads and have rambled on about this game so much that it feels like we really do have our own little sub-community in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom