• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Bungie just completely detached from reality or something? This would be hilarious if I wasn't balls-deep in this game from both a financial and "time-sink" perspective.

LiK

Looks like they won't fix the Raid anytime soon if they're promoting Flawless Runs even with the insane amount of glitches right now.

Arrrammis

I love how Bungie shines the spotlight on these Flawless Raiders but I've yet to hear them say a peep about TLH 2 manning Hard mode.

It seems like Bungie wants to maintain the public vision of the raid as the epic mission that only the best 6-man team of the best players can finish without dying, and having a group 2-man it destroys that notion pretty well.

Bizazedo

I am so entertained about how everyone interpreted, rightly imo, that clinic meant they were going to help the raid since it's sick and has virus / bugs....

....and they used clinic in the educational sense.

Huge grin on my face right now.

Oh Bungle, so many fans will rage haha On one hand, I always appreciate a sense of humor and on the other, there are some serious glitches that need fixing in the Raid. I won't cry about the Templar cheese not going away yet, I still need Flawless!

So, i finally did the raid yesterday, my haul, 10 ass shards, 11 ass energies, fucking.chatter.white...and that´s it, brutal and soulcrushing, i don´t even feel like playing anymore this week, and i could because i have 3 characters, but this shit is too much.

In the meanwhile, all my pals had "bad luck" too, i mean, they got several weapons and armor pieces, but they already had them all...one in particular received his fourth Vision of Confluence (FOURTH, i would sell my soul for one), his second Truth, and his third Praedyth´s Revenge, a bunch of shards too...but he has ZERO raid gear, and we played the raid a lot already, he is quite mad.

Oh, yeah, i did my third and last nightfall, got Universal Remote AGAIN, yeah, that gun that i will never use.

RNG in this game is the fucking worst thing ever.

You too eh? My first and only Raid and I got 2x Universal Remotes. A gun I will never use. My poor raid Sherpa had been gunning for Universal Remote for a long time after dozens of Raids and Nightfalls he still comes up wanting and some noob gets Two of them to rub in his face.

I really wish we had player trading. At least give a window after acquiring it to trade with people in your fireteam. I would have gladly given one away to say thanks for the help.

guys a clinic is like a crash course on how to do something.

This is a gaffe. Just like in politics, it's mostly harmless, but it plays into the popular narrative that Bungie doesn't know what they're doing (just like earlier in the week with accidently releasing v1.0 Iron Banner).

hydruxo

So "Raid Clinic" is just video about flawless run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaJmHzCaRxo

Edit: Source was Bungie twitter

the_empty_fridge_feel-68996.gif

joecanada

That's good. Hmmm I don't want to step out of the Sun but this seems like the fastest way to complete it.

I might just cave and get this, it's likely the absolute fastest way I'll complete this bounty and I could always convert it to energy when I'm done. I could go Void and use nades, super, and blink comedian hmmm

The weapon smith sells greens with elemental burners? If so, I'd be down for a green sniper, that should kills just as quick as a good sniper, just less perks and will take more skill to use but I'm pretty good with a sniper.

Yup if you are lucky you will get a blue! Lol or if you don't like pvp do strikes until level 20 weapon drops...
Seriously though you just go into control and just have to not use your primary so use a shotgun and stay in tight or sniper and camp some flags... Then always grab heavy ammo if you have a void heavy and use your void abilities if you have them, Nova bomb etc

The story is the only thing I don't have confidence in them ever making good but I think there's a real chance this could be a great game down the road. We are the early adopters of Bungie's first effort in this type of game, with MMO-ish attributes and systems. It's a rough start and they are no doubt learning things by the week (even if they don't show it publicly) but as a few others have posted here, I bet this game will be transformed in a years time. If you're an early adopter and having to go through the rough patches, you need only ask yourself one thing: am I having fun? If yes, proceed, Guardian! If no, take a break and keep your eye on new content and changes made when they are listed online until it becomes what you're looking for. Bungie is sticking with this game or at least series for the long haul and will continue to learn and improve the experience over time. Just be patient and try to have fun in the interim.

Yup if you are lucky you will get a blue! Lol or if you don't like pvp do strikes until level 20 weapon drops...
Seriously though you just go into control and just have to not use your primary so use a shotgun and stay in tight or sniper and camp some flags... Then always grab heavy ammo if you have a void heavy and use your void abilities if you have them, Nova bomb etc

I'm sure I can manage just fine with my rare fusion rifle. I'm just being a baby because I prefer playing PvE and don't have a non-heavy legendary or better void weapon to speed this up. It's too bad there's not a void sticky nade, I stick fools like a mofo.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The story is the only thing I don't have confidence in them ever making good but I think there's a real chance this could be a great game down the road. We are the early adopters of Bungie's first effort in this type of game, with MMO-ish attributes and systems. It's a rough start and they are no doubt learning things by the week (even if they don't show it publicly) but as a few others have posted here, I bet this game will be transformed in a years time. If you're an early adopter and having to go through the rough patches, you need only ask yourself one thing: am I having fun? If yes, proceed, Guardian! If no, take a break and keep your eye on new content and changes made when they are listed online until it becomes what you're looking for. Bungie is sticking with this game or at least series for the long haul and will continue to learn and improve the experience over time. Just be patient and try to have fun in the interim.
too reasonable

your words have no power here

Cømet

Banned
The important bit that some forget is, some of those changes that come about that truly improve the game only come about because the devs are constantly bitched on by their playerbase. If we're all patient and happy with whatever they do, things we really want to see aren't as likely to happen.

Bungie were right, before, to say they're happy that the community is chewing their faces off. Patience is still important, but don't let that stop you moaning for what you want to see fixed/changed.

I am having difficulty watching this right now, what is everyone getting so excited about?

I skipped to the end. That jellyhorn, wow. C'mon Xur, I need an excuse to play for five hours straight again! Levelling that bad boy would certainly do the trick.

Lima

I wanna see what happens when they reach Atheon. Random teleports without glitches?

The footage from the video is from before the patch. Their positioning and that the 3 people in the back got teleported made me curios and the time stamp on their gamer tags confirmed it.

LiK

The footage from the video is from before the patch. Their positioning and that the 3 people in the back got teleported made me curios and the time stamp on their gamer tags confirmed it.

Hahaha, poor fools who watch that are in for a surprise.

koryuken

Beat the raid on Hard for the first time yesterday with a full team of level 29's. We got stuck on gatekeep for an hour, but things went smoothly otherwise. I got all shards throughout the raid, but I did get the raid helm from Atheon :) WOOT. Now i just need the chest to get to level 30.

Hahaha, poor fools who watch that are in for a surprise.

I just saw that you posted in the MCC patch thread, we need to become FPS bros and add each other on PSN and XBL. Or not if this sounds weird to you haha I don't have my XBO yet but should within a couple weeks but I still have my Gold account active.

Ambitious

I'm doing the weekly heroic right now. The boss has only a small sliver of health left. Anyone who would like some quick and easy coins, join me. PSN: ps_flocki

Bizazedo

Yeah, I came to post this as well. Got curious, watched how they setup, watched the three farthest get teleported....

It's like "wait a minute....!"

I've never heard the term used in that sense. Is it an American thing?

Unsure, I'm American, so dunno what they have elsewhere. We have health clinics *and* it's used for education, though.

I just saw that you posted in the MCC patch thread, we need to become FPS bros and add each other on PSN and XBL. Or not if this sounds weird to you haha I don't have my XBO yet but should within a couple weeks but I still have my Gold account active.

I also share this interest.

EL CUCO

Wow I feel slightly offended.

1 month looking for Boots will make you sensitive

SharkJAW

I've never heard the term used in that sense. Is it an American thing?
I'm assuming so. The context I've heard it in is basketball, where "clinic" refers to a certain player putting on a show and outperforming all the other players on the court, "schooling them", so to speak.

LiK

Sure, anytime.

Greenymac

Looking for a solid 3 for hard Mode at Atheon around 6:30 eastern time. Add greenymac or Dante316.

1. Greeny
2. Dante316
3. Tysonbane

There will be no drugs or alcohol allowed and all contraband will be confiscated prior to entering the vault. thank you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom