• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Why the hell am I still seeing people running around a giant circle in places lile Archer's Line and Rocketyard and farming for materials, when the infinite chest/resource node respawn is far superior and 10 times as fast?

Seriously, I had just farmed over 100 Helium in under 30 minutes, and then when I'm about to return to orbit I see this player come into the area, jump off his sparrow, and start doing the Helium run. I message him to come where I am and when he arrives I shoot at the chest and node I was using and he just picks them ups, waves at me, and continues going around in a circle.

WTF?!!

Zakalwe

Banned
Why the hell am I still seeing people running around a giant circle in places lile Archer's Line and Rocketyard and farming for materials, when the infinite chest/resource node respawn is far superior and 10 times as fast?

Seriously, I had just farmed over 100 Helium in 30 minutes, and then when I'm about to return to orbit I see this player come into the area, jump off his sparrow, and start doing the Helium run. I message him to come where I am and when he arrives I shoot at the chest and node I was using and he just picks them ups, waves at me, and continues going around in a circle.

WTF?!!

Not everyone reads about all aspects of the game online.

shem935

Banned

Seriously, I had just farmed over 100 Helium in 30 minutes, and then when I'm about to return to orbit I see this player come into the area, jump off his sparrow, and start doing the Helium run. I message him to come where I am and when he arrives I shoot at the chest and node I was using and he just picks them ups, waves at me, and continues going around in a circle.

WTF?!!

Please enlighten me. Never heard of this.

WTF?!!
I've never heard of this. What and how?

Seriously, I had just farmed over 100 Helium in under 30 minutes, and then when I'm about to return to orbit I see this player come into the area, jump off his sparrow, and start doing the Helium run. I message him to come where I am and when he arrives I shoot at the chest and node I was using and he just picks them ups, waves at me, and continues going around in a circle.

WTF?!!

Where/what is this?

exYle

Oh man, just one more tiny bit of Thorn lore overload:

From the Arms & Armament book:

Presumably the Weapons of Sorrow are a set that were infused with Hive magic...
I bet at least this one from the dlc is another:
SzS8ims.png
probably this too:
trxj1mX.png

i must have them all.

I think there's one more - a solar exotic auto rifle. Necrochasm, if I recall.

JayEH

WTF?!!

Did not know about this. Looking up videos now.

Cømet

Banned
Definitely. A fresh raid would be dope. ourobolus is looking too.

Can I come to?

Went ahead and joined. My current clan isn't very active. Time for a change.

Hey lads/ladies! Okay guys, here's what I need you to do.

1. Join Desiny RaidGAF [GAFR] on Bungie.net
2. Add me at ScrewAttack_
3. Prepare for awesome

Let's knock this shit outta the park lads! First time flawless, show em all up and make astro jealous ;)

Interested in the Hive raid armor, probably going to be some...interesting designs. Wonder if there will be a guardian centered around the raid like Kabr for the VoG.

X-Frame

I always do an infinite chest/mat spawning loop, and it is ridiculously more effective.

Step 1: Find 1+ mat and/or 1 chest near the boundary of a zone (e.g. between The Divide and Rocketyard).

Step 2: Pick up the mat(s) and/or chest (with the chest being the last pickup since it disappears faster than mats), and then immediately jump on your sparrow to exit the area (this case The Divide) until you see The Rocketyard pop up.

Step 3: Return to The Divide (or whatever area you're in) and you'll find the exact same mats and/or chest still there, as if you never opened them.

The issue is that this will get interrupted if there are others in the area with you. So if you find that happening, you can wait until they leave if they're passing through or return to orbit and then return to your area.

The benefit of this is that you'll know exactly where the mats are, so no searching, and leaving and returning on your sparrow will take around 15-20 seconds.

I've gotten it so good where I found a chest and 2 mats in a small area and am able to get all 3 over and over again. It's insane how much faster it goes than doing the loops around an area normally.

Cømet;138070741 said:

3. Prepare for awesome

Let's knock this shit outta the park lads! First time flawless, show em all up and make astro jealous ;)
Oh we doing flawless? I wanted to bring my 27 warlock

exYle

I always do an infinite chest/mat spawning loop, and it is ridiculously more effective.

Step 1: Find 1+ mat and/or 1 chest near the boundary of a zone (e.g. between The Divide and Rocketyard).

Step 2: Pick up the mat(s) and/or chest (with the chest being the last pickup since it disappears faster than mats), and then immediately jump on your sparrow to exit the area (this case The Divide) until you see The Rocketyard pop up.

Step 3: Return to The Divide (or whatever area you're in) and you'll find the exact same mats and/or chest still there, as if you never opened them.

The issue is that this will get interrupted if there are others in the area with you. So if you find that happening, you can wait until they leave if they're passing through or return to orbit and then return to your area.

The benefit of this is that you'll know exactly where the mats are, so no searching, and leaving and returning on your sparrow will take around 15-20 seconds.

I've gotten it so good where I found a chest and 2 mats in a small area and am able to get all 3 over and over again. It's insane how much faster it goes than doing the loops around an area normally.

Where would you do this on the moon?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

whoa.
Between the anchor of light and the hellmouth for example. i just tried it and it works.

Zakalwe

Banned
Cømet;138070741 said:

3. Prepare for awesome

I hope you never have to go through what we went through.

Cømet

Banned
Oh we doing flawless? I wanted to bring my 27 warlock

Taking a shot at it (alongside the clan trophy). You'll be fine dude, if you get in trouble just run and hide and shout for a help. Not expecting we'll manage it tonight really, but wanna take a shot and learn the glitches.

Could it be because he used the 20-stock heavy ammo pack and not the 15-stock one? He has 35 in total.

I had a 20 stock and a 5 stock the other day during nightfall and was trying to use the 5 stock one but it wasn't working. Didn't get to try the 20 stock one cause of the cooldown was taking so long by the time I got to synth the 3rd time the mission was over. After that mission both the 20 stock and 5 stock worked. I don't know what's going on but this is a shitty bug to have

Cømet;138071548 said:
Taking a shot at it (alongside the clan trophy). You'll be fine dude, if you get in trouble just run and hide and shout for a help. Not expecting we'll manage it tonight really, but wanna take a shot and learn the glitches.
Sounds good man, I already have you added. I'll go to Bungie now. Let me know when ready

X-Frame

The best place I found is at the end of Archer's Line, all the way to the right side. Usually the chest that is in that cave, plus there is usually some Helium lying around near the far right side as well.

Pick up the Helium, then grab the Chest, and then leave until you hit Anchor of Light, then just return. Sparrow time is 10 seconds each way, super fast.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

WTF?!!

Can you elaborate on this respawn method?

Just saw your post above.

Cømet

Banned
I hope you never have to go through what we went through.

We won't mate, we're pro ;)

lol seriously though, yeah me too. Glitches not cool :/ Took us an hour and a half to kill Atheon on HM last night cos of the constant fucking glitches.

Sounds good man, I already have you added. I'll go to Bungie now. Let me know when ready

Cool man! We're gathering the troups now so jump in!

exYle

The best place I found is at the end of Archer's Line, all the way to the right side. Usually the chest that is in that cave, plus there is usually some Helium lying around near the far right side as well.

Pick up the Helium, then grab the Chest, and then leave until you hit Anchor of Light, then just return. Sparrow time is 10 seconds each way, super fast.

That would depend on a chest being in there, correct? I've found that that cave does not spawn a chest very frequently

Daemul

Please enlighten me. Never heard of this.

I've never heard of this. What and how?

Where/what is this?

Between Archers Line and Anchor of Light

Zakalwe

Banned
Cømet;138072136 said:
We won't mate, we're pro ;)

lol seriously though, yeah me too. Glitches not cool :/ Took us an hour and a half to kill Atheon on HM last night cos of the constant fucking glitches.

Best advice if you're taking lower levels with you:

If 1-2 get ported, grab the relic and run.
If 3 get ported, clear the portal.

Only relic team go to the back of the room. Everyone who was outside stay on supplicant duty.

If 0 people get ported clear supplicants as priority and DPS Atheon without the buff.

And go one at a time through the bloom cave and jump puzzle. ;)

Good luck man.

X-Frame

Cømet;138072136 said:

I'm ready when you guys return to orbit. I see you're on the moon now. :)

EDIT: Your Fireteam privacy setting isn't set to accept Friends, haha.

schwupp

i´m lvl 14 and i started playing some crucible as a hunter.
which type of weapon should i use?
i get one shot quiet often - is that just the lvl / perk difference?

Cømet

Banned

All good to go bud!

Best advice if you're taking lower levels with you:

If 1-2 get ported, grab the relic and run.
If 3 get ported, clear the portal.

Only relic team go to the back of the room. Everyone who was outside stay on supplicant duty.

If 0 people get ported clear supplicants as priority and DPS Atheon without the buff.

And I one at a time through the bloom cave and jump puzzle. ;)

Good luck man.

Aye definitely got those points! Always keep check on your raid posts here. Cheers bud, fingers crossed for a low-pain run!

I'm ready when you guys return to orbit. I see you're on the moon now. :)

ha yeah sorry bud, needed 1 bloody helium for my gauntlets. Ready now!

Ready to go now guys, everyone wanting in please join my fireteam now.

NeOak

i´m lvl 14 and i started playing some crucible as a hunter.
which type of weapon should i use?
i get one shot quiet often - is that just the lvl / perk difference?
Use Auto Rifles lol

Fusion Rifles and Shotguns can one shot. Sniper headshot can too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom