• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

ocean

Banned
Since they're adding a streak, I feel one more change would name Strike playlist enjoyable:

If you quit out to orbit or change characters mod Strike, get a 5 minute delay before you can hop on to a new strike. Oh you don't like Dust Palace? I bet it'll be even more fun when you both leave and I have to do it alone! Nah it's been enough of that.

This, coupled with more aggressive AFK detection would be sweet.

Since they're adding a streak, I feel one more change would name Strike playlist enjoyable:

If you quit out to orbit or change characters mod Strike, get a 5 minute delay before you can hop on to a new strike. Oh you don't like Dust Palace? I bet it'll be even more fun when you both leave and I have to do it alone! Nah it's been enough of that.

This, coupled with more aggressive AFK detection would be sweet.

Or that if you quit to orbit or change character, you get that same strike again and again until you complete it.

X-Frame

Do you guys think they will introduce a way for us with 3 x lvl 34 guardians to replay the story using the quest system when the patch comes out? I would love to play the story from "Eyes up guardian" to the end with the new system and Nolanbot. But i dont want to delete one of my guardians to do so.

For me since I currently have 3 Titans, I will be deleting at least one of them off the bat and replaying everything from the beginning. I agree that the "Eyes up, Guardian" first introduction can't be replayed with an existing character and it's something I'd like to experience as well with Nolandroid.

E92 M3

But all them nades!

I use Voidfang/Nemesis helm mostly, but for PvE HoTPF all the way.

logo-ram-lrg.jpg

Gammacide

Ok, at the tank in NF. All alone and not scared exactly, more like...concerned. Join me? V1ctIm.

Edit: tank down. Moving on, but would love some help with the end of this thing here.

Raybunny

Surviving a Shoulder Charge is bliss. Or during Radiance with Radiant Skin surviving a Golden Gun shot #sogood

If you are Kyoufu, your character will be crazy and will connect the shoulder charges with 0 damage attached.

Regarding the 4th horseman. I see that weapon as just a normal drop now without feelings attached. If I drop one, it will join the exotic collection, if not then xur will sell it someday.

Daemul

From what I've gathered listening to the guys like Triple and Mtashed who went to the Destiny Red Bull tournament, Blink has been offensively nerfed by making you wait to shoot when you come out of it, but it's defensive capabilities e.g.dodging rockets and trolling Voidwalkers by blinking through their Nova Bomb, has been left untouched.

I'm happy with that.

noomi

Surviving a Shoulder Charge is bliss. Or during Radiance with Radiant Skin surviving a Golden Gun shot #sogood

I was not blessed enough to have it drop yet, maybe Xur will have it this Friday, or PoE chest since I need to run a 32 PoE for an armor core to complete the PoE lock set.

Day off for the 16th confirmed. Anyone available to group up for TTK that day?

A bunch of us have off that day :) We will be online, in party chat and drinking/playing aaaaaallllll day the 15th and 16th

ocean

Banned
From what I've gathered listening to the guys like Triple and Mtashed who went to the Destiny Red Bull tournament, Blink has been offensively nerfed by making you wait to shoot when you come out of it, but it's defensive capabilities e.g.dodging rockets and trolling Voidwalkers by blinking through their Nova Bomb, has been left untouched.

I'm happy with that.
Bones of Ea-o meta, I welcome thee.

X-Frame

I have the 16th, 17th, and 18th off for a long uninterrupted weekend of Destiny. I did the same for the release last September, haha.

I'd love to go through TTK with other players and not just play the story by myself if I could, I'm sure there will be a lot of people looking to group up.

I'm East Coast in the US so I'll likely start playing TTK at 7:30 PM or so on the 15th. If anyone else is going to hop on after work that day let me know!

I'm happy with that.

I think that is a great compromise. I was thinking about listening to that but I usually dislike hour long podcasts. What else did they talk about?

Happy reset day GAF and the last week of the great ghallajorn and many other weapons of year one. Makes me sad :(

Also I am really glad I ordered that FPS Hpri pad pro now. My second ps4 controller's R2 button went to shit yesterday.... I love the controller but the horrible build quality is really pissing me off.

Cade

Happy reset day GAF and the last week of the great ghallajorn and many other weapons of year one. Makes me sad :(

Also I am really glad I ordered that FPS Hpri pad pro now. My second ps4 controller's R2 button went to shit yesterday.... I love the controller but the horrible build quality is really pissing me off.
Yeah my first DS4s R2 gave up the ghost also.think it was rocket league :(

noomi

So the patch is confirmed for the 8th, right? I was talking with Nuszka briefly this morning and he said the changes from the pact will be live on the 8th (quite surprised by this actually)

is there any source for this, I would like to read up on it as I haven't been very active here the last few days.

E92 M3

The best is when the Gunslinger turns around after 1 shot (I've done it myself lol).

I'm happy with that.

Hmm, that sounds nice, but how much is the question. It could be really bad or fair and balanced like Fox news.

I was not blessed enough to have it drop yet, maybe Xur will have it this Friday, or PoE chest since I need to run a 32 PoE for an armor core to complete the PoE lock set.

A bunch of us have off that day :) We will be online, in party chat and drinking/playing aaaaaallllll day the 15th and 16th

If he sold Gjallarhorn anything is possible ;)

Patch is the 8th Noomi and it's essentially the beginning of TTK - 1 week early!

eFKac

So I've done Nightfall 3 times now but got a reward only on my first game, thought I should get something 3 times?
Maybe I should host or maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it's just bad luck?

MrDaravon

So I've done Nightfall 3 times now but got a reward only on my first game, thought I should get something 3 times?
Maybe I should host or maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it's just bad luck?

Did...you do it on different characters? You only get the rewards once per character.

Raybunny

You get rewards once per week per character. Have you done them with a different character each time?

If so then you surely got something.

So the patch is confirmed for the 8th, right? I was talking with Nuszka briefly this morning and he said the changes from the pact will be live on the 8th (quite surprised by this actually)

is there any source for this, I would like to read up on it as I haven't been very active here the last few days.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08272015/en/News/News?aid=13430:
Below are some of the big items to help you fully prepare for the update on September 8, 2015.

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/628607635495890944:
The NorthGhost, Leveling revamp and the previously-announced Questification of content will apply to all of Destiny in the 2.0 update

noomi

I'm happy with that.

Oh wow! Is this true? That's actually kind of ingenious... and evil at the same time :p

Bye bye blink shotguns :D

If he sold Gjallarhorn anything is possible ;)

Patch is the 8th Noomi and it's essentially the beginning of TTK - 1 week early!

Fantastic! Looking forward to the 8th even more now, too bad I don't have off that day. Have off the 7th for Labor Day though :p

You can only get rewards once per character, per week. Did you run nightfalls on 3 separate characters?

Hmmm, links don't seem to work.

Woops, nevermind.... works not. Thanks :D

Daemul

I think that is a great compromise. I was thinking about listening to that but I usually dislike hour long podcasts. What else did they talk about?

They talked about the new subclasses and how they stack up(Mtashed is adamant that a maxed out Nightstalker will be the best class in the game), the possibility of Destiny going competitve and other general PvP stuff and Mtashed hinted at the effects the patch will have on the meta, Shotguns and handcannons have been really heavily nerfed from what I gathered.. It was a good listen, if you have the time you should tune in.

Bones of Ea-o meta, I welcome thee.

Bungie pls nerf the 4 jump.

Hmm, that sounds nice, but how much is the question. It could be really bad or fair and balanced like Fox news.

Yeah we'll have to wait until the 8th to see how it turns out, what I've heard is good though.
Oh wow! Is this true? That's actually kind of ingenious... and evil at the same time :p

Bye bye blink shotguns :D

The nerf to blinks offensive capabilities in conjunction with the nerf to shotguns is going to be the best thing that has ever happened in this game.

Lnkn52

LOL, I can probably join the party chat, but I'm not sure about drinking at 8 am.

Wow, that is alot of changes on the 8th. Bring it!

Wait, with the leveling revamp, can we start leveling up to 40 that day?

Raybunny

You know what would be cool in the long run? Housing/ships with living rooms to show off your gathered trophies, the weapons you cherish the most etc etc. Are we not legends?

Haha. Came in to an email from a co-worker who used to play Destiny with a link to a Destructoid article on how messed up it is that Bungie is withholding TTK raid. I rolled my eyes so hard.

DjRalford

All I needed was varkis to sell a chest plate or gauntlets to get me to 34, but oh no, he sells boots!

Now I need to get an etheric light somehow, already got shafted on nightfall by getting just a legendary engram. Games trolling me big-time.

Top Bottom