• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

So the patch is confirmed for the 8th, right? I was talking with Nuszka briefly this morning and he said the changes from the pact will be live on the 8th (quite surprised by this actually)

is there any source for this, I would like to read up on it as I haven't been very active here the last few days.
does this mean we can finally take out our AutoRifles out of exile?

Namikaze1

Wait, with the leveling revamp, can we start leveling up to 40 that day?
Most likely not. Quite a few of us interpreted that as meaning that the new leveling system along with the new light system will be replacing the old system and getting you ready well in advance for TTK while the current cap will remain as such till launch day. You really don't want folks to hit the new cap well before the new expansion is even out. It would be an incredibly stupid thing to do on their part.

Hedera

Ohh one per character?
Well that explains it, thank you guys, wasn't aware of that :)
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you knew you wouldn't get rewards. I told you at the beginning of our 2nd run but maybe wasn't clear. People who have 3 characters usually just ask for NF 3x to get triple rewards as was already explained. Sorry again.

I wonder why casuals care if the raid is delayed or not.

People really love to spit venom on this game. I'll never understand the mentality of, "How dare someone enjoy something I don't!"

Also, off topic, but I want to discuss TPP, but only with the awesome DGAF people lol

X-Frame

They talked about the new subclasses and how they stack up(Mtashed is adamant that a maxed out Nightstalker will be the best class in the game), the possibility of Destiny going competitve and other general PvP stuff and Mtashed hinted at the effects the patch will have on the meta, Shotguns and handcannons have been really heavily nerfed from what I gathered.. It was a good listen, if you have the time you should tune in.

Thanks, I'm downloading it now. Besides the Sunbreaker (obviously as a Titan player), I'm most curious and interested to play as a Nightstalker, so I'll see what they say about the new classes. It seems like it'll also be a great PvE class too.

With 3 Titan's I'll delete the first one at the beginning for a Hunter it seems because of the Nightstalker.

My remaining 2 Titans will be tough as my main is a female Awoken, but I much prefer the look of a male Titan. Then again, deleting my main is something I wish I didn't have to do.

Namikaze1

So which guardian are you guys gonna tackle the expansion first with? I'm going with my Titan. Has to be her. She's the first Guardian I created in this long journey. Hell, she's the only one that i created back in September that I haven't deleted. Made my second Hunter back in November and my second Warlock back in December.

Sweet, I'll make sure to hit you up for treasure hunting on the hive ship.
I'll definitely be spending a lot of time there while waiting for the raid.

E92 M3

So which guardian are you guys gonna tackle the expansion first with? I'm going with my Titan. Has to be her. She's the first Guardian I created in this long journey. Hell, she's the only one that i created back in September that I haven't deleted. Made my second Hunter back in November and my second Warlock back in December.

Seems like a lot of my friends are doing Titans; so, I will go with Warlock because the super is named after me ;)

Lnkn52

I have to go with my Main guy:

IcyMeKs.gif

I'm doing my Hunter first (first and favorite class), then my Warlock (least favorite new subclass) and finishing with the new Titan (the new subclass seems OP so I will have fun playing a third time).

I will make sure to spend so much time exploring the hive ship, I would love to have some DGAF members with me for it.

The weekend I will plan to stay in all day, gym early in the morning so nothing interrupts me.

noomi

You know what would be cool in the long run? Housing/ships with living rooms to show off your gathered trophies, the weapons you cherish the most etc etc. Are we not legends?

This would be amazing, I would love to see this added to the game. You could then invite people into your fireteam and walk around in your ship. Wouldn't even need to go to the tower/reef to access your vault. :D

does this mean we can finally take out our AutoRifles out of exile?

Yup! Not sure how significant the buff will be, but I will be happy to be able to use them once more.

Hunter, Titan, and lastly Warlock.

E92 M3

The saddest part for me is going to be dismantling my whole arsenal when TTK comes out. I have all of my characters outfitted so well.

The best time to do NF is early in the morning on reset day. I was able to join people half way or more in their NF but it usually mean I didn't feel comfortable to run to the tower to grab the motes of light bounty but oh well. I rather knock out NF in 5 minutes or less each time and not get 9 motes than have to spend time finding a team and doing it.

I got:

Ice Breaker
Patience and Time
Lucky Raspberry

So 3 exotic shards.

Rehsa

Our 6th is currently MIA for reset raids and Nightfalls. Anyone with 3 characters want to join up if Mr. ZW doesn't show up reasonably soon?

After our heartbreaking final boss loss due to disconnection last time, this was a great relief for me :D Great games, very clutch plays all around. Congrats dude!

Yeah thanks for the second attempt in the final hour, redemption was had and I felt like I wasn't as bad as last time with a couple of blink stikes for the final kill, but your clutch bladedancing tho :D

And yes, as you probably could've guessed by this moment, Boguester for president in 2020!

YWKpxDR.jpg

ZtxySoG.jpg

XFxLvwX.jpg
Team first try jumping to the beam
at least for me

I will take one of those cloaks too Drizzay ;p and thanks again xo

Trials advice.

More Trials advice.

Additional Trials advice.

Further Trials advice.

Thanks everyone for the advice last night. And thanks to Slammin and XplictOne for a really fun Trials run. We went 5 & 4, but with boons were able to make it the 7 wins package. I can really see how it's luck which teams you get matched against. My previous night's runs with Hudson & Muten were all against PvP gods. Things were a bit more merciful today.

A lot of the advice centered on finding a team or at least a familiar group of guardians top play with. I think I'll keep an eye out for people posting looking for Trials runs here on GAF. I've certainly enjoyed everyone I've played with.

Namikaze1

The best time to do NF is early in the morning on reset day. I was able to join people half way or more in their NF but it usually mean I didn't feel comfortable to run to the tower to grab the motes of light bounty but oh well. I rather knock out NF in 5 minutes or less each time and not get 9 motes than have to spend time finding a team and doing it.

I got:

Ice Breaker
Patience and Time
Lucky Raspberry

So 3 exotic shards.
Not today for me. Posted several times that I'll be doing Nightfall runs and to just join in if folks wanted. Even posted that I'm at x and to join in. Ended up soloing my first nightfall run. When a gaffer finally responded to my post, the last Gjallarhorn rocket killed Valus.

Thank god you and Reno joined in for the next two runs.

Though I blame MGSV for today. More than half on my friend list are playing it.

EL CUCO

So the Redbull code site is still not working properly, incase anybody was wondering. I had to fill out the claim form with proof of can yesterday and yet to hear back from them.

Good thing I like the taste of Redbull.

Lnkn52

Woohoo! Congrats!

Lots of new entries the last few days :)

yes, we must have the record for the most GLords in a community. Bungie please highlight us!

So the Redbull code site is still not working properly, incase anybody was wondering. I had to fill out the claim form with proof of can yesterday and yet to hear back from them.

Good thing I like the taste of Redbull.

My GF was telling me about a coworker's husband that plays Destiny. She was telling me how that guy was taking off a whole week. One funny thing was how she asked my GF if she knew my PSN. I guess they were trying to set us up on a Destiny Date. #Barf

Deku Tree

Should be easy to tell, since the rep will stop increasing. Still, nice bonus for people who run a lot of strikes. I've spent many an evening doing so.

Definitely something they thought of while looking at how people play, and giving a little something extra for it. Nice touch.

Delayed repose but yeah no matter how slight this change may or may not be if it promotes people staying in strikes instead of quitting at the first sign of it being one they don't want to play then it's a great idea.

Nothing worse than loading into the Valus strike along because your two MM team mates changed characters in the loading screen.

Hunter. Always Hunter.

Namikaze1

With today being reset day, more people will see this:

efgxrd2.jpg

"Hey Nami, how can I get in on this?"

It's simple, just PM me a pic of your emblem. Make sure it has you PSN ID / Gamertag on it.

"It looks like you're running out of room there. Will I actually get on it?"

Yes. I plan to expand the canvas to include as many as I can. That pic is also several hours old. (it's days old now)

"it's small."

It'll be much bigger. Trust me.

"So how long do I have to give you a screenshot of my emblem?"

You have till September 6. After that, I am taking no more in.

Not today for me. Posted several times that I'll be doing Nightfall runs and to just join in if folks wanted. Even posted that I'm at x and to join in. Ended up soloing my first nightfall run. When a gaffer finally responded to my post, the last Gjallarhorn rocket killed Valus.

Thank god you and Reno joined in for the next two runs.

Though I blame MGSV for today. More than half on my friend list are playing it.

I think I joined you at one point near the end, I think you got Patience of Time and I got an Ice Breaker but I could be wrong. Are you getting MGS V? I can't wait to play it when I get home.

Top page or master race hunter throwing smoke bombs and shooting arrows!

Top Bottom