• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

ocean

Banned
I personally do not believe they will allow us to start leveling our guardians to lvl 40 in a week, it would not make much sense. Think bungie wants us to experience some newly crafted common and rare gear/weapons, but if I'm wrong, everyone will start running new legendary stuff from the moment they acquire it.
We most likely can expect stuff like vault, new ui, nolanbot, revamped quests. For leveling systems i think we all will become like lvl34/light 170ish guardians and thats where it will stop.
I don't think level 40 will be the progression gate. It'll be Legendary Marks. Removing the ability to play Crucible or Strikes for a few hours getting the Marks you need is an enormous blow to your determination of your progress pacing.

By gating Marks behind Daily Heroic Story mission and Daily PvP mode, people who only play on weekends will be unfairly punished. They won't be able to spend their Sunday playing and having fun and ending it with enough marks to buy something new.

I hope I'm wrong and it doesn't work out this way. But I think we'll rather quickly hit 40 and then be stuck with blue armor for a good while before we get enough marks to change out the closet.

Gunsmith bounty process seems like a nice way to get some guaranteed good guns every week, but buying Vendor armor (those elemental buffs, I need), year 2 versions of old Exotics, attractive guns from vendors etc will take a pretty long time.

LkPr

Tonight when I get home I need people to run the NF with for just one character. I'l probably be running the Weekly Strike too if anyone wants to join me for that.

I'll be on around 10 or 10:30 EST.

i'll most likely be on around then as well and will be looking to run NF and weekly. PSN LkPr

R0ckman

Oh, crap, I thought all exotic ARMOR was making the jump to year 2, they are too useful in strategies to just cut out of the arsenal. Some of these exotics would have been interesting to mix with the new classes. I was definitely wanting to use the Khepri's Sting with the NIghtstalker subclass.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I'm actually disappointed that St. 14 will accept shaders. I always liked the way it looked and thought it was kind of nice to have something that didn't take on the shader colors.

Arc and solar? Sweet. Enjoy Fatebringer, VoC, Black Hammer and GHORN a little while longer.

Note to self, get nightfalls done before Trials. Only did 5/6 nightfalls last week because I only did it in spurts and once Trials hit, there was no time for anything else.

I'm actually disappointed that St. 14 will accept shaders. I always liked the way it looked and thought it was kind of nice to have something that didn't take on the shader colors.
😐
You don't have to wear a shader.

Any exotic armor piece stand out way to much with shaders. Ruined my fashion man!

matmanx1

They talked about the new subclasses and how they stack up(Mtashed is adamant that a maxed out Nightstalker will be the best class in the game), the possibility of Destiny going competitve and other general PvP stuff and Mtashed hinted at the effects the patch will have on the meta, Shotguns and handcannons have been really heavily nerfed from what I gathered.. It was a good listen, if you have the time you should tune in.

Bungie pls nerf the 4 jump.

Yeah we'll have to wait until the 8th to see how it turns out, what I've heard is good though.

The nerf to blinks offensive capabilities in conjunction with the nerf to shotguns is going to be the best thing that has ever happened in this game.

Maybe this will make fusion rifles more acceptable in PVP then? I find them really satisfying to use but with the current strength of shotguns in the close game and snipers in the long game there's not a strong case for using a fusion rifle right now.

I don't want them to be OP but it would be nice to have three more or less equal choices for the special weapon slot.

In other news I raised my lifetime K/D from .96 to .98 during this IB with a K/D of 1.41 for the duration. This is a huge accomplishment for me because when I started Destiny PVP I was about a .4 or .5 K/D player. At this point I have about 4700 kills and 4800 deaths so it takes some time to move that K/D. My longterm goal is to be above 1.0 and to keep moving that K/D in a more or less positive direction. This IB I was able to do that and have fun at the same time.

Been working on getting 5K kills as a Warlock in PvP so I started up a new one the lsst several days. I forgot how fun Warlock was. Melee range is outta control, lol.

stb

Dave_6, captscience, Haybro, GRIP, schwagger15: anyone up for stuff tonight?

Maybe tonight should be "get stuff done for people" night. I think these are still needed:
- GRIP needs his Skolas
- schwagger15 needs his clan raid

Other than that, I'd like to run:
- VOG normal (really; I want the ship and need armor drops on my hunter)
- VOG hard (armor drops, PFoil)
- CE normal (armor drops for my hunter)
- CE hard (crux)
- or just run patrol/crucible for bounties/faction edging

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
😐
You don't have to wear a shader.

Any exotic armor piece stand out way to much with shaders. Ruined my fashion man!

I like to use a shader for the rest of the armor. A nice touch would be to be able to pick a shader for each armor piece. That would make for some cool color combos.

If we don't get 1 trials with Weapons 2.0 preTTK, that means the next time Trials is up its going to be a whole new array of weapons, gear and subclasses. It's going to be the most hyped trials ever!!!

I can not wait. Assuming they stick with their schedule, I love the Friday to Monday set for it.

Either way, this Friday SHOULD be the very last one with blink shotgun Thorn.

My guess: Map Rotation. Either this week or next.

Ambitious

Finally hit level 3 with Petra. Unlike with Eris, I am still able to earn reputation and rank up. Am I correct in assuming that with each rank, I will receive one of those Queen's Blessing packages?

X-Frame

So the VIP shader and Revenant are both black, but it looks like the VIP shader has stripes. Is that the only difference?

R0ckman

have a friend that needs to run Crota's End hard tonight, I'd also like to run it one last time for the Crux, only beat it on hard once, and quit because it was buggy as all hell and not worth the frustration back then.

Are the bugs still there btw?

Haybro

Maybe tonight should be "get stuff done for people" night. I think these are still needed:
- GRIP needs his Skolas

- CE hard (crux)
I'll be around tonight. I haven't run a raid in a while, so I'd be down for either one.

ocean

Banned
If we don't get 1 trials with Weapons 2.0 preTTK, that means the next time Trials is up its going to be a whole new array of weapons, gear and subclasses. It's going to be the most hyped trials ever!!!

I can not wait. Assuming they stick with their schedule, I love the Friday to Monday set for it.

Either way, this Friday SHOULD be the very last one with blink shotgun Thorn.

My guess: Map Rotation. Either this week or next.
You forgot: new maps as well. Not just the TTK maps, there's also the previously PS exclusive maps which can now join the rotation. September hype man. Remember what Destiny September hype is like - no limits.

GutZ31

GFBie.gif

I like to use a shader for the rest of the armor. A nice touch would be to be able to pick a shader for each armor piece. That would make for some cool color combos.
im-okay-with-this-89996336671.png

KxoZz

Got together with a couple mates, blated through a bunch of Salvage matches.
Started at 68 wins, now at 81.
Done for the day probably. Getting closer to that 3665.

My gf hated Destiny for so long. Heck she still might but I told her:

This is my hobby. I love video games. I don't go out and party everyday. Just like you love going on Facebook and Instagram and looking into other people's lives and watching VLOGs, I like playing games. I wouldn't have my job if it weren't for games. If you're bored, then find a hobby. I can never ever get bored because there's so many things I want to do. So many games to play and make, so many movies and books to watch and read, etc. I don't know how anyone can get bored!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Reposting old news is good. Especially since people keep up in varying degrees. Sometimes people are just downright knocked out when news gets posted or God forbid are actually not near a computer or cellular device and are spending time with that dreaded thing people call family.

That'll do

This is my hobby. I love video games. I don't go out and party everyday. Just like you love going on Facebook and Instagram and looking into other people's lives and watching VLOGs, I like playing games. I wouldn't have my job if it weren't for games. If you're bored, then find a hobby. I can never ever get bored because there's so many things I want to do. So many games to play and make, so many movies and books to watch and read, etc. I don't know how anyone can get bored!
Didn't know you helped make games! What ones do you work on?

Skele7on

Banned

My GF on Destiny "that fucking game again" every Tuesday since 09/09/14

Dave_6

- GRIP needs his Skolas

- CE hard (crux)

I'm up for anything tonight. Having another shit day so grouping up would be a relaxing time. I've got MGSV coming but I can play it afterwards and this weekend.

So the VIP shader and Revenant are both black, but it looks like the VIP shader has stripes. Is that the only difference?

Looks like there are some other slight differences. Revenant also has a camo thing going on, which the VIP shader does not. I guess we'll know soon enough.

stb

I was just telling someone the other day that I'm super envious of people that have bandwidth to be bored. Even when I'm having fun playing Destiny or working on a pet dev project or something, I can't help but think about the opportunity cost. There's so much stuff, even within the realm of "hobby/fun" that I'd like to do that I just don't have the time to do it.

Top Bottom