• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

EloquentM

aka Mannny
ghnTPr2.gif

Every Titan everywhere
Da gawd helm returns to bless you peons. Defender stays winning in pve

Tjamato88

Now that I'm fully leveled I'm just gonna start doing a ton of bounties and holding them until next week after the patch comes out.

It sucks that the first week I'm leveled enough to do the NF it's going to jump up to level 40 next week.

Just started playing a few weeks ago after meeting someone in person that actually plays it on XBox and not PSN (everyone I know on GAF and IRL who plays, plays on PSN). I quit prior to the Crota DLC. Did both raids for the first time last night (normal!), look at me go.

I am so glad to have a gamer girlfriend. T.T

Got one, wish we had a second XBone or 360 to play Destiny together— does anyone know what happens if I log into Destiny from the 360 when I bought the DLC on the One? Second 360 is much cheaper to buy & hook up to existing secondary A/V equipment.

My GF on Destiny "that fucking game again" every Tuesday since 09/09/14

I was just telling someone the other day that I'm super envious of people that have bandwidth to be bored. Even when I'm having fun playing Destiny or working on a pet dev project or something, I can't help but think about the opportunity cost. There's so much stuff, even within the realm of "hobby/fun" that I'd like to do that I just don't have the time to do it.

Exactly. I'm currently in the middle of a book, learning some web app stuff, on a huge project at work (demo in 4.5 hours that i'm pretty much ready for now haha procrastination ftw), learning some game dev stuff, and in the middle of at least 3 video games. (A lot more, but I've come to terns to restarting them if/when I get the chance). Not to mention I want to start Cowboy Bebop, the millions of other games in my backlog, and everything I want to learn and read. Definitely not enough time for it all.

GutZ31

Now that I'm fully leveled I'm just gonna start doing a ton of bounties and holding them until next week after the patch comes out.

It sucks that the first week I'm leveled enough to do the NF it's going to jump up to level 40 next week.

Now, you have turned into one of us.
The transformation is complete.

Is this confirmed? Because I *highly* doubt that they're going to let us level without new content and new sub quests. Patch 2.0 is balancing/questification. Taken King is level 40 & new quests, subclasses, etc.

Nuszka

Is this confirmed? Because I *highly* doubt that they're going to let us level without new content and new sub quests. Patch 2.0 is balancing/questification. Taken King is level 40 & new quests, subclasses, etc.

I would like to know the answer to that question as well.

Rehsa

No i wish! That's my dream. I mainly design and create computer programs currently, which is a field I took because of my passion for video games :p

I'm trying to learn how to make games in my free time :X
Exactly. I'm currently in the middle of a book, learning some web app stuff, on a huge project at work (demo in 4.5 hours that i'm pretty much ready for now haha procrastination ftw), learning some game dev stuff, and in the middle of at least 3 video games. (A lot more, but I've come to terns to restarting them if/when I get the chance). Not to mention I want to start Cowboy Bebop, the millions of other games in my backlog, and everything I want to learn and read. Definitely not enough time for it all.
Thanks! As long as I can make stuff that at least some people can have fun with, that's all that matters! If there's one thing this entire forum has taught me, it's impossible to please everyone :)

Nice man, I always wanted to do this but my free time is not so much. I would play whatever you end up making :) Good luck!

My GF on Destiny "that fucking game again" every Tuesday since 09/09/14

DarKshodaN

Only need to do 6 Public Event's then i am finally done with this year 1 Emblen.

Can't wait to play Metal Gear Solid V later, but i need to get this done today,before i forget it and the time is over ;)

Tjamato88

My girlfriend gave up. She just takes naps, plays sims, and watches Netflix instead of protesting. She understands destiny is my second job.
Mine just takes my iPad to go read and tells me not to stay up too late. The only time she's ever gotten really mad at it is when I was up until like 4am playing a few Saturdays ago.

Skele7on

Banned
My girlfriend gave up. She just takes naps, plays sims, and watches Netflix instead of protesting. She understands destiny is my second job.

I'll get to that stage one day, although she's enjoying me play Metal Gear as it's something different and she seems to like to so far...

Mine just takes my iPad to go read and tells me not to stay up too late. The only time she's ever gotten really mad at it is when I was up until like 4am playing a few Saturdays ago.

Mine doesn't mind the late nights, least she knows I'm at home with her and not out partying..

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Smh tell her destiny shaming is not okay

I'll get to that stage one day, although she's enjoying me play Metal Gear as it's something different and she seems to like to so far...
i don't think there's been a game she's actually liked watching me play. Maybe that'll change when uncharted 4 comes out. She always laughs at me cursing in pvp if that's any consolation lol.

X-Frame

I just tweeted Mark, we shall see if he responds with any confirmation.

Rehsa

I get that lol "you need to stop doing that to yourself"
but when else am I supposed to play??

Mine doesn't mind the late nights, least she knows I'm at home with her and not out partying..

Wife actually watched me play the Uncharted series, it had enough cut scenes that she didn't mind for the most part.

Tjamato88

I get that lol "you need to stop doing that to yourself"
but when else am I supposed to play??

Wife actually watched me play the Uncharted series, it had enough cut scenes that she didn't mind for the most part.
Exactly!

I usually play from 10 to 12 on weeknights but on weekends if I don't have anything to do the next day or I'm coming in from being out with friends why wouldn't I play for as long as I want?

MrDaravon

Thanks for the runs Raybunny, that was probably the fastest NF/Weekly x3 I've ever done. Too bad we all got nothing but crap lol.

Tjamato88

Varies just keeps on giving me etheric light every week, bit to late for that mate.
I only used three since I came back to playing. One for my primary to get it to 365 and two to get my armor to max light for 34. It doesn't even really matter what my armor is right now since all TTK gear should be better than what I'm wearing now.

Homeboyd

They're adding new perks to the 2.0 versions of armor too aren't they? If so, a void (or any) DoT to the Saint helm would be great. Wouldn't matter a ton in PvP since you shouldn't ever enter a bubble to begin with.

Dave_6, captscience, Haybro, GRIP, schwagger15: anyone up for stuff tonight?

I won't be on until later tonight but will happily jump in if you guys are still playing.

I was just telling someone the other day that I'm super envious of people that have bandwidth to be bored. There's so much stuff, even within the realm of "hobby/fun" that I'd like to do that I just don't have the time to do it.

I've always considered the inability to be bored to be one a clear/unfortunate sign of getting old. Having "nothing" to do has become my most valued time!

ich00

have a friend that needs to run Crota's End hard tonight, I'd also like to run it one last time for the Crux, only beat it on hard once, and quit because it was buggy as all hell and not worth the frustration back then.

Are the bugs still there btw?

Depending on the time you're around I could run though it. I normally run it a few times reset day (my brother is searching for the crux as well). I'd say we'd probably be in it around 11pm EST or so. If you want to add me my psn is ichabod00.

I switched to Bumper Jumper a couple weeks back and continue to be amazed at how good it feels.

You know in those football movies where they have the players take ballet or something? That's how I feel. My big linebacker of a Titan just flies through Crucible like a delicate ballerina, stomping fools.

football-ballet.jpg

Make the switch! You won't regret it!

I switched to Bumper Jumper a couple weeks back and continue to be amazed at how good it feels.

You know in those football movies where they have the players take ballet or something? That's how I feel. My big linebacker of a Titan just flies through Crucible like a delicate ballerina, stomping fools.

Maybe I'll try it tonight

bitsurugi

So which guardian are you guys gonna tackle the expansion first with? I'm going with my Titan. Has to be her. She's the first Guardian I created in this long journey. Hell, she's the only one that i created back in September that I haven't deleted. Made my second Hunter back in November and my second Warlock back in December.

I'll definitely be spending a lot of time there while waiting for the raid.

My 1st love, titan 4 life!

You won't regret it until you accidentally activate your super every round its available in a Trials run, thereby crippling your team.

I got used to it eventually though. Can't imagine going back.

Kyne

I'll keep this in mind.

For those with scuff controllers, what are the best buttons to map to triggers?

Top Bottom