• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GlamFM

Banned
Some help in Salvage guys?

I just wanna get the achievement done, but I suck and only get matched with people who suck just as much.

It´s super frustrating..

Received my 5th Hard Light and (I think) 9th TLW in Nightfall. 4th Horseman and Hawkmoon shall be eternally beyond the gates of RNG.

Or Xur will sell them with the Year 1 exclusivity ending and feel like a schmuck buying it

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It'll be fun seeing ARs in Crucible again, too. I have one ready on my vault with some good perks to try it on crucible once patch 2.0 hits.

ocean

Banned

I just wanna get the achievement done, but I suck and only get matched with people who suck just as much.

It´s super frustrating..
I'll help.

AFK? Spent a few minutes in orbit with you dude. Let me know later if you still need help.

It'll be fun seeing ARs in Crucible again, too. I have one ready on my vault with some good perks to try it on crucible once patch 2.0 hits.

I don't know what you're talking about. Last night, I definitely played against an team in Trials using Summoners.

Along with 3x Queenbreaker Bows. That noise gives me the horror movie feels

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't know what you're talking about. Last night, I definitely played against an team in Trials using Summoners.

I haven't tried trials yet, but in normal crucible it's just a Thorn/Hawkmoon/Shotgun shitshow. I don't even see that many TLW.

I haven't tried trials yet, but in normal crucible it's just a Thorn/Hawkmoon/Shotgun shitshow. I don't even see that many TLW.

Yea I edited my post to include "spoiler" haha. But yea, I was only joking. Trials is about 80% thorn/shotgun/blink as well.

That was awful. I felt like I was doing the end of the Archon Priest strike or something.

It´s super frustrating..

The achievement isn't really well written. It's for probe deploys, not for successful relic captures or wins. So don't sweat it as much. Good luck!

That was awful. I felt like I was doing the end of the Archon Priest strike or something.

I just loved that we made 'em sweat it and switch back to conventional snipers. That guy running Nechrochasm never swapped tho...

The achievement isn't really well written. It's for probe deploys, not for successful relic captures or wins. So don't sweat it as much. Good luck!

I just loved that we made 'em sweat it and switch back to conventional snipers. That guy running Nechrochasm never swapped tho...

So close to winning too! Up 4-3, they switched to real snipers. I sniped 1 but only tagged the other. He wins and gets a revive, instantly switches to 2v3 instead of 3v1. It's kind of crazy when you think about it. I don't even remember what happened in round 9. We had way too many round 9s yesterday haha. At least 6 and we about split them 3-3.

Edit: This is including our first run earlier in the day.

jaaz

Same. I've got a First Rule DHYB auto riffle with third eye waiting in my vault.

So close to winning too! Up 4-3, they switched to real snipers. I sniped 1 but only tagged the other. He wins and gets a revive, instantly switches to 2v3 instead of 3v1. It's kind of crazy when you think about it. I don't even remember what happened in round 9. We had way too many round 9s yesterday haha. At least 6 and we about split them 3-3.

Edit: This is including our first run earlier in the day.

Yeah, it seemed to me that the competition was a lot stiffer than usual yesterday.

Yeah, it seemed to me that the competition was a lot stiffer than usual yesterday.

Really? That makes me feel better. Because I was getting stomped the night before. There's no predicting Trials it appears.

Xbox was freaking INSANE last night. Almost everyone was Usain Bolt getting to places so fast. I'd like to try a separate Trials mode where the spawns are random. Unless the map is symmetrical, then it wouldn't be as big of an issue or maybe not an issue at all.

I dunno. I can see the appeal of static spawns. Lets you adapt round to round. With random or rotating spawns it'd be all improvisation, spur of the moment stuff. But don't mind me, I'm a trials newbie.

Yea I think most of the "casual" Trials players seem to be few and far between. Just a tiny bit of research I've ran into more teams of 3 that have been playing together for a while now or teams of 2 that carry people.

I'm just going to keep editing this post to continue the conversation. :p

Xbox was freaking INSANE last night. Almost everyone was Usain Bolt getting to places so fast. I'd like to try a separate Trials mode where the spawns are random. Unless the map is symmetrical, then it wouldn't be as big of an issue or maybe not an issue at all.

Really? That makes me feel better. Because I was getting stomped the night before. There's no predicting Trials it appears.

Yea I think most of the "casual" Trials players seem to be few and far between. Just a tiny bit of research I've ran into more teams of 3 that have been playing together for a while now or teams of 2 that carry people.

Yeah it is hit or miss. A couple days before was mostly smooth going apart from maybe a couple teams. Last night though I feel like we had to work for every win.

I was really impressed with how many teams were able to haul ass around the map last night. There were at least a couple instances of the team on the outside beating us to alpha

O
M
F
G
Only took me about a year.
11900146_436686953204730_4730880919636982760_o.jpg

Jokes on me I guess.

Congrats! That was my third time doing it and I managed to snag one... it can be upgraded in The Taken King right?!?!

I dunno. I can see the appeal of static spawns. Lets you adapt round to round. With random or rotating spawns it'd be all improvisation, spur of the moment stuff. But don't mind me, I'm a trials newbie.

I'm just going to keep editing this post to continue the conversation. :p

Hahaha yea that's why I said separate lode to try it out. It's mainly a problem because of map layout, asymmetrical. 1 team spawning inside or at higher elevation than the other, it's just silly.

Anastasis

So, I was glancing over the Sunbreaker Titan skill tree, and I noticed Cauterize (Enemies brought down by your fire regenerate your health.) Do you think this applies for all fire abilities or just the Hammer of Sol? If it can trigger from melee or grenade kills, this ability might be pretty awesome due to the synergy with Tempering (Grenade and Melee abilities cool down faster when Hammer of Sol is fully charged.)

Thoughts?

I'd think it would be for all fire abilities or else they would have written "super" or "Hammer of Sol".

Hahaha yea that's why I said separate mode to try it out. It's mainly a problem because of map layout, asymmetrical. 1 team spawning inside or at higher elevation than the other, it's just silly.

Ah. I see that distinction now. You're right not just height elevation problemss, but shooting out into the sun is a pain, too. The new Mercury map is also designed to have a "looking into the sun" side too, which is disappointing, even if it is beautiful.

Ah. I see that distinction now. You're right not just height elevation problemss, but shooting out into the sun is a pain, too. The new Mercury map is also designed to have a "looking into the sun" side too, which is disappointing, even if it is beautiful.

Yea, the map should never give an advantage to 1 team versus the other based on a spawn point. Even though it's fairly rare, the inside team has the advantage on Burning Shrine for Overtime because the point is inside. More room to also defend the point.

And inside they can easily get all 3 special. There's not even special outside.

Top Bottom