• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Lnkn52

Moring DGAF. I stopped playing TPP for about an 30 minutes last night to complete my NFs. Going from 60 fps to 30 fps is so rough! Anyways, got a Plan C(Shared), Icebreak(sharded), and etheric light.

Looking forward to the stream today.

TPP plays so well. I did the same thing yesterday and was so rusty when I came back to Destiny.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Shot Package nerf is slated to be over 30% if I recall correctly. One-shots should be considerably more difficult. Only time will tell if it'll be enough.

I suspect we'll go back to launch-era meta in terms of Special Weapons. As in, a preference for quick firing or full auto shotguns for the shotty/melee combo and Fusion Rifles dominaring the mid range.

If they do to Hand Cannons what they did to Auto Rifles though, I'd probably stop playing after a few weeks of enjoying the new content. I hope they don't go overboard on an entire weapon class because of two unbalanced exotics.

I think a lot of people forgot what that time was like.

Fusion Rifles never needed a buff. Everything else getting a bunch of buffs in the previous weapon changes led to other weapon classes encroaching on the FR territory. A highly stable FR is still a nightmare to deal with.

Handcannon damage isn't being touched right? Just the crossmap, long range stuff.

X-Frame

The Shot Package nerf is slated to be over 30% if I recall correctly. One-shots should be considerably more difficult. Only time will tell if it'll be enough.

I suspect we'll go back to launch-era meta in terms of Special Weapons. As in, a preference for quick firing or full auto shotguns for the shotty/melee combo and Fusion Rifles dominaring the mid range.

If they do to Hand Cannons what they did to Auto Rifles though, I'd probably stop playing after a few weeks of enjoying the new content. I hope they don't go overboard on an entire weapon class because of two unbalanced exotics.

I would love the return of the shotgun + melee combo -- it was great for having Force Barrier active most of the game. I recorded a lot of games from September last year and yeah I was doing very well with that combo, and it was a lot of fun getting into actual shotgun and melee battles with people.

As of now if I wanted to do that I'd have to purposely choose a lower impact shotgun and put myself at a disadvantage and yet I'd still be going up against super-powered shotgun snipers.

Agreed about the hand-cannons too. Though according to MTashed on the most recent Crucible Radio podcast he said that both hand-cannons and shotguns are getting nerfed badly, and recommended basically to stop using all hand-cannons now as to break the habit of relying on them. That and to stop relying on Grenades & Horseshoes on RL's and to practice now with RL's without them. Hezen Vengeance FTW then!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I would love the return of the shotgun + melee combo -- it was great for having Force Barrier active most of the game. I recorded a lot of games from September last year and yeah I was doing very well with that combo, and it was a lot of fun getting into actual shotgun and melee battles with people.

As of now if I wanted to do that I'd have to purposely choose a lower impact shotgun and put myself at a disadvantage and yet I'd still be going up against super-powered shotgun snipers.

Agreed about the hand-cannons too. Though according to MTashed on the most recent Crucible Radio podcast he said that both hand-cannons and shotguns are getting nerfed badly, and recommended basically to stop using all hand-cannons now as to break the habit of relying on them. That and to stop relying on Grenades & Horseshoes on RL's and to practice now with RL's without them. Hezen Vengeance FTW then!

Well, yeah... because TLW, Thorn, and Hawkmoon are levels above every other handcannon in the game. I don't even think most people are even good with handcannons other than those in PvP.

Like you MIGHT see a Red Hand every dozen games or so. If you see a legendary in the primary spot, its almost certainly going to be a PR these days.

Raybunny

Our thoughts are with you man. Best of luck!

Let's do it. I started sucking when I got hungry and just got pissed. Good news though: you'll be my Guinea pig while I experiment with Jumper. Prepare to laugh at my awkward Supers.

Ahah I cannot wait. I only have 4 days of jumper but was a fast adaptation. Still got old habits but they are slowly vanishing. Prepare to kill yourself with a grenade when you want to melee someone.

MrDaravon

Ugh today's Daily Story mission sucks.

Also I wish there was a way to easily filter what friends are doing what activities. Like the galaxy map is showing people doing Crota's End right now and I'd like to hit them up, but I'd have to manually to through every person on my friends list to see what activity they're in. It's kinda dumb that it tells you that you have friends there, but doesn't tell you which ones.

Your destiny in-game emblems. Basically just send me one that has your GT or PSN ID on it to be added to this big ass collage.

You'll never see me coming.

Sounds good. I'll see what I can do. I wish I could see an example so I can make sure that what I end up sending meshes well with the general motif.

Deku Tree

Must be tough to just jump in to regular PvP being a famous streamer. Probably most of your opponents go into intense tryhard mode when they notice you.

ocean

Banned

G&H was badly in need of a nerf. The proximity radius is so big that using machine guns just isn't viable. You don't have to aim rockets at all. Just fire across a door at an angle and you'll probably hit something. Glad to see it'll pass. It'll make tracking an interesting option, it'll increase the worth of Truth and Gjallarhorn in PvP, it'll make Machine Guns more viable.. I see no downsides.

As for Hand Cannons: they're a 3 shot kill and fire slowly and have the smallest magazines in the game. I don't think anybody has ever, ever been killed by a Legendary HC and thought "oh that was bullshit". Thorn and TLW are in a silly spot right now, but that's not indicative of the weapon class as a whole.

Thorn is a high RoF HC, but has impact in line with a mid RoF one (Word of Crota speed, Fatebringer damage). Hawkmoon is mid RoF but has impact like a low RoF one (Fatebringer speed, Timur's Lash damage). TLW fires like a goddamn auto rifle but hits like a truck. These guns have zero trade off. They need em. Understood.

But grab a Jewel of Osiris and tell me it needs fixing. Accuracy at long range? Fine, fix that. But damage? Cmon. It has TTK in line with Scouts and Pulses (slower than the good Pulse Rifles actually), low ammo count so you can't spray and pray, and feels good without being OP.

I just plain don't like other weapon classes, at all. I really hope Bungie tests the effects of their weapon tuning a little more thoroughly than they did last time they refreshed the sandbox.

Stealing this from Reddit, as I think it's pretty legit.

Looks like someone found a class weapon.

This titan is carrying a pretty unique looking shotgun:

Nq7M0Zz.jpg

If you zoom in you can see the Titan 6 fronts emblem on the side of it:

Plus, the shotgun just looks really cool.

flkraven

So is there no way to check how many points you've captured/help capture in Salvage? I want to know how far I am from the achievement

Raybunny

Nice find but what makes me surprised is the helmet... What a nice looking one with the iron banner motif. ( Motif is everywhere)

Namikaze1

I only have one problem with jumper: I sometimes accidentally hit r3 in tense situations in the Crucible when I mean to shoot. I don't know why I keep doing that. Anyway, it's been happening less and less nowadays.

Sounds good. I'll see what I can do. I wish I could see an example so I can make sure that what I end up sending meshes well with the general motif.
I was about to post an example but I see pixxxels did it for me. That's what I am looking for. :)

Don't need to. I have eyes everywhere.
We shall see...

Namikaze1

I've seen that pic two months back but only just now did I realize that's the new Titan IB mark. Looks ugly. Thank god I still have the original.

Also I wish there was a way to easily filter what friends are doing what activities. Like the galaxy map is showing people doing Crota's End right now and I'd like to hit them up, but I'd have to manually to through every person on my friends list to see what activity they're in. It's kinda dumb that it tells you that you have friends there, but doesn't tell you which ones.

Yeah this has been a terrible way to see who is doing what activity, and I hope it gets easier to find friends doing the activity you want to play.

GlamFM

Banned

Woo! Armor looks amazing too!

HigXx

I really need to play
get someone to carry me
Trials this week, I need that Titan helmet and the Lighthouse/Osiris Grimoire cards

EL CUCO

Must be tough to just jump in to regular PvP being a famous streamer. Probably most of your opponents go into intense tryhard mode when then notice you.
Lol Definitely. Getting 1 kill against them feels better than getting a 5 killstreak against blueberries.

X-Frame

G&H was badly in need of a nerf. The proximity radius is so big that using machine guns just isn't viable. You don't have to aim rockets at all. Just fire across a door at an angle and you'll probably hit something. Glad to see it'll pass. It'll make tracking an interesting option, it'll increase the worth of Truth and Gjallarhorn in PvP, it'll make Machine Guns more viable.. I see no downsides.

As for Hand Cannons: they're a 3 shot kill and fire slowly and have the smallest magazines in the game. I don't think anybody has ever, ever been killed by a Legendary HC and thought "oh that was bullshit". Thorn and TLW are in a silly spot right now, but that's not indicative of the weapon class as a whole.

Thorn is a high RoF HC, but has impact in line with a mid RoF one (Word of Crota speed, Fatebringer damage). Hawkmoon is mid RoF but has impact like a low RoF one (Fatebringer speed, Timur's Lash damage). TLW fires like a goddamn auto rifle but hits like a truck. These guns have zero trade off. They need em. Understood.

But grab a Jewel of Osiris and tell me it needs fixing. Accuracy at long range? Fine, fix that. But damage? Cmon. It has TTK in line with Scouts and Pulses (slower than the good Pulse Rifles actually), low ammo count so you can't spray and pray, and feels good without being OP.

I just plain don't like other weapon classes, at all. I really hope Bungie tests the effects of their weapon tuning a little more thoroughly than they did last time they refreshed the sandbox.

I agree completely here, I just didn't specify that in my post I was just talking about the Holy Trinity of exotic hand-cannons, not all non-exotic hand-cannons.

just got my Elder Cipher delivered.

gasp, requires grinding the most blend mode of the game.

i will chose Lord of Wolves since it seems to have the most fun value but i think that will never touch PoE ever again for the rest of my life after that

Zoidberg

i will chose Lord of Wolves since it seems to have the most fun value but i think that will never touch PoE ever again for the rest of my life after that

It's a really bad quest. Do PoE 34+, do a 32+ PoE for Queens Cipher, wait 1-6 days, do 28+ PoE many times.

x3 for all of them. I got my last one this week and will never set foot in PoE again.

For all the talk of weapon balancing the biggest issue (for me) is the state of the fucking connections/bungies implementation of lag comp, especially in 6v6 modes. I'm sick to death of the other team being that .5second ahead or red bar warriors walking round the map terminator style wrecking everything and taking no damage

I'm on 40mb down 10mb up, I shouldn't have to be dealing with this nonsense

People found a good way around it. Just get to the final boss of 32 or 34. Kill the boss and immediately die on purpose. Repeat 2 more times. 350 + 350 + 350 > 1000.

X-Frame

Can you delete the Elder Cipher bounty? I got it a few days ago from Skolas (thanks to Drizzay) but I don't really have any interest in playing PoE again.

Top Bottom