• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

CN5F82qUYAAAeID.jpg:large

Schrödinger's Titan. Dead and alive at the same time. The ghost on the left? Yeah, that's him too.
I've never seen lag that bad. The enemies weren't moving or shooting, but they still turned around to look at me. Taniks was walking in place, but none of my shots registered. I was able kill some of the adds, but most just stayed alive with an empty health bar. So me and the third guy kept trying to revive the guy from the picture and kill anything. At some point, Taniks was killed by one of the others.

I think their servers might have been having trouble last night. I had similar issues and thought it was just my internet crapping out, but a couple of my friends had similar problems in different instances. Still a great pic though.

ocean

Banned
I only use those boots. They look so good.
Once ascended, my Hunter's best armor is by far the VoG Gauntlets and chest. Extremely high Int/Dis roll (higher than my ToO set), Special Weapon ammo boost, Special Weapon Loader...so good. I need HC reload in PvP but the VoG Gauntlets are my PvE go-to.

Wanna get lucky with boots and helm. Never got em on Hunter :p

Tjamato88

Can you delete the Elder Cipher bounty? I got it a few days ago from Skolas (thanks to Drizzay) but I don't really have any interest in playing PoE again.
Same line of questioning can I disable the green marker over Eris' head? I have no interest in doing her quests.

flkraven

Same line of questioning can I disable the green marker over Eris' head? I have no interest in doing her quests.

I've never tried deleting Ciphers but I don't believe there is a way to remove the green marker. Maybe once the quest log is added, but as of now she just sits there yelling at you :/

phen0m24

OK so 1)

Fig has eyes everywhere, but hopefully not like that Variks Hunter helmet. Blech

2)
Hope those with surgeries have great results!

3)
So my kid asks me this morning:
"Is Grimlock 1/3 of himself on XBOX Live, too?" (Grimlock's PSN is Grimlock33 but on Twitch he's Grimlock11)
"Nah, as much crap as he's given me about the Xbox I doubt it...."
"Look then."

A Grimlock11, on XBL, from TX. You've been found out, traitor-saurus! :p Fess up now and we may forgive you.

Ugh, the Urrox encounter sucks.

It's really boring this week with solar burn. But. I'll take the easy elder cipher points.

Edit: oh, what were you having trouble with? Just break out solar weapons, attack from left side. Jump around a bunch when floor is lava. With solar weapons, should only take you two rounds of him burning the floor.

Also I wish there was a way to easily filter what friends are doing what activities. Like the galaxy map is showing people doing Crota's End right now and I'd like to hit them up, but I'd have to manually to through every person on my friends list to see what activity they're in. It's kinda dumb that it tells you that you have friends there, but doesn't tell you which ones.

I've wished this for so long! It's almost worthless to know that people are in when there's no button to show who! It should at the very least show who, and possibly group which are in a fireteam together on both missions and regular in game friends list.

X-Frame

The answer is no to both, can't delete just ignore. You can delete the cipher bounty but a green arrow will just pop up over Variks

So what is the best way to complete this bounty without getting another one? Only sticking to Level 32 PoE and below from here on out?

OK so 1)

Fig has eyes everywhere, but hopefully not like that Variks Hunter helmet. Blech

2)
Hope those with surgeries have great results!

3)
So my kid asks me this morning:
"Is Grimlock 1/3 of himself on XBOX Live, too?" (Grimlock's PSN is Grimlock33 but on Twitch he's Grimlock11)
"Nah, as much crap as he's given me about the Xbox I doubt it...."
"Look then."

A Grimlock11, on XBL, from TX. You've been found out, traitor-saurus! :p Fess up now and we may forgive you.

Hahaha yea I see him login every so and so. But he mainly uses it for TV.

I wonder if that improved. I used it on the first day and tried that and it was laggy / somewhat poor quality so I just did directly to cable box and never tried that again. Maybe it's good now haha

Homeboyd

So what is the best way to complete this bounty without getting another one? Only sticking to Level 32 PoE and below from here on out?
Yeah but 34s are pretty rare too. I would just kill the 34 boss once, and in the likely scenario that a 2nd cipher doesn't drop, farm kills on him until your done. You won't get repeat chances at another cipher dropping him if you keep killing him over and over on that character.

E92 M3

Me too. Also, I may be just as excited to read the HUGE list of patch notes for 2.0 as I am to play it.

Hopefully the patch notes are released on Monday.

Nothing beats Blizzard patch notes, but I am excited to see what Bungie publishes (hopefully more than they have already told us). Reading patch notes is one of my favorite things to do.

ocean

Banned
We did it. Wow, this was hard. Thanks for helping, krioto and Jeartal!
Pro tip: Armor of Light. You don't even need to jump, you can sit down in your bubble and comfortably survive :p

It's my favorite fight in the game. Super simple and stuff but I like having a Solar burn to play around with, and the floor is lava is a cool gimmick

So is there no way to check how many points you've captured/help capture in Salvage? I want to know how far I am from the achievement

There is. Go to destinytracker.com. Search for yourself. Click on Crucible, then click on Salvage under the Playlist True Skill section in the middle of the screen. Scroll down on the left side and look for the stat that says "Zones Captured". I think that is the same thing. It was accurate when I got the trophy.

Might be an easier way to navigate to Salvage on that site but that's the one I used.

Can you delete the Elder Cipher bounty? I got it a few days ago from Skolas (thanks to Drizzay) but I don't really have any interest in playing PoE again.
If no one has answered, no you can't. If you delete it, it just goes back to Variks, and he always has a ! over his head, trying to give it back to you.

Homeboyd

Nothing beats Blizzard patch notes, but I am excited to see what Bungie publishes (hopefully more than they have already told us). Reading patch notes is one of my favorite things to do.
And then reading reddit for the actual patch notes containing all the hidden stuff included in the patch Bungie always 'forgets' to mention. Most of the time they are welcome additions.. not sure why they always leave them out of their notes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hi people I have never done a raid (well, the raid in my case as I don't have TDB) so I may want to try to get carried through one sometime during this upcoming 3-day weekend. I haven't played much at all since shortly after HoW came out, I logged on to buy a Ghorn off Xur the other weekend but haven't leveled it at all.

E92 M3

And then reading reddit for the actual patch notes containing all the hidden stuff included in the patch Bungie always 'forgets' to mention. Most of the time they are welcome additions.. not sure why they always leave them out of their notes.

Yes, that's why I am hoping Bungie gives us the gritty details. Give me table of contents like Blizzard!

Hi people I have never done a raid (well, the raid in my case as I don't have TDB) so I may want to try to get carried through one sometime during this upcoming 3-day weekend. I haven't played much at all since shortly after HoW came out, I logged on to buy a Ghorn off Xur the other weekend but haven't leveled it at all.

Welcome to DGAF!

There should be a ton of VOG raids going on this weekend so you can post here or just post or check out

https://www.the100.io/groups/1659

What level are you currently?

BokehKing

Banned
This seems interesting for us in the new PS update (30 second rezz delay me if old)
Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players and the ability to join parties or games. If you want to tackle a big multiplayer raid, but don’t have enough friends, this could be a great way to connect with other likeminded players.

Seems interesting for Destiny

Are you on PS4? Hawkian should be doing a newbie raid sometime tomorrow, he reposted about it a couple of pages back as well.

Here you go:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177220094&postcount=5442

Also you can find or make a group on The 100 site and you'll be able to find a team, check this post for info:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176946183&postcount=20001

In case Hawkain's group is full this week and you can't find a group, I can probably organize a newbie raid if there are more players looking for one.

Frenden

Banned
Seriously! I've been trying to gather public event packages and 5k bounties and edging faction rep, but it is getting really old. I should just take a full break until the 13th.

I've gotten one character fully edged and a second half way there and am running out of gas. I might pick up MGS5 for a bit. I'm out of vault space and moving things around has gotten silly hard.

Yes, that's why I am hoping Bungie gives us the gritty details. Give me table of contents like Blizzard!

In one of their interviews they talk about vault space and reveal that up to a month ago they could only add 3 extra slots...anyway they then said "yeah how could we add that to the patch notes, when it's only 3 slots"

So anecdotally they treat patch notes like a "list of best improvements made and worth mentioning" rather than a full list of every single code change and parameter value change made to the live code.

E92 M3

In one of their interviews they talk about vault space and reveal that up to a month ago they could only add 3 extra slots...anyway they then said "yeah how could we add that to the patch notes, when it's only 3 slots"

So anecdotally they treat patch notes like a "list of best improvements made and worth mentioning" rather than a full list of every single code change and parameter value change made to the live code.

And that's why I always say Bungie is scared to make anything too complex. Treat their audience like kids lol.

eFKac

Are you on PS4? Hawkian should be doing a newbie raid sometime tomorrow, he reposted about it a couple of pages back as well.

In case Hawkain's group is full this week and you can't find a group, I can probably organize a newbie raid if there are more players looking for one.

I'd support the idea if it would be during a more EU friendly time than Hawkian's group!

Ambitious

Yeah, I retract my statement. The Urrox fight was actually pretty cool. I was just frustrated when I posted that.

It's really boring this week with solar burn. But. I'll take the easy elder cipher points.

Edit: oh, what were you having trouble with? Just break out solar weapons, attack from left side. Jump around a bunch when floor is lava. With solar weapons, should only take you two rounds of him burning the floor.

That's what we did, of course. We just had some bad luck. Getting overrun by Majors in the wrong moment and things like that.

Anastasis

I've gotten one character fully edged and a second half way there and am running out of gas. I might pick up MGS5 for a bit. I'm out of vault space and moving things around has gotten silly hard.

With all the talk about how often loot will drop, I am trying to convince myself that my preparation is overkill. But trying to keep up with everyone here is hard! Haha!

Top Bottom