• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

I've gotten one character fully edged and a second half way there and am running out of gas. I might pick up MGS5 for a bit. I'm out of vault space and moving things around has gotten silly hard.

Yeah, I've replaced Desto with Hearthstone over the past week. I'll probably go back full tilt on the 8th. I still have some vanilla missions left on my alts, so that should be fun.

eFKac

I could Sherpa VoG or Crota's End for newbies in Europe-friendly times if needed.

Count me in if more are interested, I've done it once (babysitted by deafmedal, cheers man) but the thing is still pretty intimidating for me to participate in a "normal" run, there is an auto rifle and Vision of Confluence that I'd like to have, plus getting prepared for a HM run for the trophy.

flkraven

There is. Go to destinytracker.com. Search for yourself. Click on Crucible, then click on Salvage under the Playlist True Skill section in the middle of the screen. Scroll down on the left side and look for the stat that says "Zones Captured". I think that is the same thing. It was accurate when I got the trophy.

Might be an easier way to navigate to Salvage on that site but that's the one I used.

Zones captured 18. Thanks a bunch!

ocean

Banned
Count me in if more are interested, I've done it once (babysitted by deafmedal, cheers man) but the thing is still pretty intimidating for me to participate in a "normal" run, there is an auto rifle and Vision of Confluence that I'd like to have, plus getting prepared for a HM run for the trophy.
Let's do it. VoG run for inexperienced raiders! How about tomorrow at 20h30 CET? We'll do Normal, so please be at least level 26 for your own enjoyment - any lower and we'll get it done anyways but you'll die so much you won't have fun :p

1. Ocean (a_javierp)
2. Efkac (Filip_Kackiewicz)
3. Raybunny (Raywheresmyhorseman)
4. Xinec (legilimens)
5. blackprophecy
6. Tecnnique (Liquidsv2)

For the clique-fearing crowd: this is an invitation open to all. I may edit this post later to include those who respond on a first come, first serve basis. I don't want a repeat of the drama last time I wanted to start a group - felt so bad I tossed that run out the window.

Ambitious

Anybody up for HM Crota's End or VoG?

PSN: ShinigamiFrost

Yes to both.

Let's do it. VoG run for inexperienced raiders! How about tomorrow at 20h30 CET?

1. Ocean
2. Efkac
3. Raybunny

For the clique-fearing crowd: this is an invitation open to all. I may edit this post later to include those who respond on a first come, first serve basis. I don't want a repeat of the drama last time I wanted to start a group - felt so bad I tossed that run out the window.

What happened?

Raybunny

Let's do it. VoG run for inexperienced raiders! How about tomorrow at 20h30 CET?

1. Ocean
2. Efkac
3. Raybunny

Perfect time for me.

eFKac

Let's do it. VoG run for inexperienced raiders! How about tomorrow at 20h30 CET? We'll do Normal, so please be at least level 26 for your own enjoyment - any lower and we'll get it done anyways but you'll die so much you won't have fun :p

1. Ocean
2. Efkac
3. Raybunny

I'm game.

Not sure if I have you on PSN?

My PSN: Filip_Kackiewicz

So what is the best way to complete this bounty without getting another one? Only sticking to Level 32 PoE and below from here on out?

You can't get another Elder Cipher bounty while you already have one on that character, so no worries there. Once you complete it then you can get another to drop on that character. Of course you can get one Cipher at a time per character.

PoE35 has a very high Cipher drop rate, PoE34 has a very low rate afaik (haven't done 32 or 34 for a long time).

Frenden

Banned
With all the talk about how often loot will drop, I am trying to convince myself that my preparation is overkill. But trying to keep up with everyone here is hard! Haha!

Yeah. I'm afraid I'll get outleveled by everyone and get left out of activities, haha.

Screw it. I just sharded a few items of each type and can move stuff around now. Whew.

Raybunny

You can't get another Elder Cipher bounty while you already have one on that character, so no worries there. Once you complete it then you can get another to drop on that character. Of course you can get one Cipher at a time per character.

PoE35 has a very high Cipher drop rate, PoE34 has a very low rate afaik (haven't done 32 or 34 for a long time).

You up for some salvage in 30-40 mins?

I'm at work sick with a cold and a cough that's tearing my chest up from the inside-out...and all I'm thinking about is whether I'll be able to run Crota on Hard if I leave work early haha

Yeah. I'm afraid I'll get outleveled by everyone and get left out of activities, haha.

Screw it. I just sharded a few items of each type and can move stuff around now. Whew.

From what we've seen it looks fairly quick to level up with XP. The only activity that might have "gear requirements" is the raid and we'll have time to prep for that. I wouldn't worry too much over FOMO.

The less I've stressed over micromanaging progression the more fun I've had. More time spent on the things I enjoy and/or are useful to the community.

You down for a Skolas run later? I just ascended my FB, so I'm a little more confident now >.>

You up for some salvage in 30-40 mins?

Sure! This qualifies as something I enjoy and is useful to the community :p Gotta get that Grimoire.

You down for a Skolas run later? I just ascended my FB, so I'm a little more confident now >.>

Sure! This also qualifies, haha. I'll PvP for a bit but then be available. What time works for you?

Is there another first timer around looking to do it?

Well I don't need anything from CE NM, but sure, I'll tag along. Shouldn't take long anyway.

Okie dokie

1. Me (ShinigamiFrost)
2. Ambitious
3. Bogeypop

Need 3 more.

What are your PSNs? I think I have you both on my FL

I'm also down for either (preferably VoG but whateves) if these are going to be full or close to full runs. I specifically need oracle/templar drops on VoG, and I'm still missing Crota armor pieces.

They'll be full runs ;)

What's your PSN? :)

Dave_6

I need to run a 35 with you so I can get another one. I want the Lord of Wolves and then I'm done with PoE.

-I am now using the Hori FPS Plus controller for Destiny on PS4 and it is amazing. The button-style triggers are the main draw, but having auto-fire on every gun is also really nice.

-Even though I have nothing to do, I can't stop playing Destiny these days.

-I wasn't going to watch today's stream because of spoilers, but I am really jonesing for new Destiny and I'm also a fan of Laced Up Lauren so I will be tuning in today.

-I have a 34 warlock on PS4, and I often group with GAF. I also have a 34 hunter and 34 titan on Xbox One where I play with my IRL friends. I didn't want to buy TTK twice, so I was going to drop PS4 and boost a new warlock on X1 instead. HOWEVER,

-I cannot break up with you, DestinyGAF. I bought TTK twice. You guys and gals are awesome.

The game is basically dead until TTK, but that doesn't stop me from playing.
Probably only because my copy of MGSV won't arrive until tomorrow, but even then I'll probably still play Destiny anyways

I did a nightfall yesterday in the hopes that I would at least get an exotic that I didn't already have. Ended up with a 331 attack machine gun. Do people even use machine guns?

xinek

1. Ocean (a_javierp)
2. Efkac (Filip_Kackiewicz)
3. Raybunny (Raywheresmyhorseman)

Ok... so you posted this today at 9:30a.m. CDT, tomorrow 20:30 CET is Thursday at 13:30 CDT, right? Lols. I am totally in, if that's the right time. PSN is legilimens, level 32. I've done VoG once, and it was REALLY fun!

(this is another reason why the100.io is a great site -- it helps out time zone challenged people like me)

Bogeypop

I did a nightfall yesterday in the hopes that I would at least get an exotic that I didn't already have. Ended up with a 331 attack machine gun. Do people even use machine guns?

I like using them in PvP it's really fun if you can shut down the other team before they get their heavy ammo and go on a killing spree. As for PvE I only tend to whip out Thunderlord for Atheon Oracles at the end of VoG.

stb

I'm trying to be a good employee for once...which will bite me on the ass when everyone else gets sick because of me.

Yeah, go home. Unless you're as many times more productive than there are coworkers within your contagoious area, even if you stay it's a net negative.

Not going home when you're sick is a by-product of the "work yourself to death" culture here, and doesn't *actually* help the business.

Getting to play Destiny is your reward for doing the smart thing. =)

I like using them in PvP it's really fun if you can shut down the other team before they get their heavy ammo and go on a killing spree. As for PvE I only tend to whip out Thunderlord for Atheon Oracles at the end of VoG.

But but but Super Good Advice counts Oracle shots as misses so you get almost unlimited ammo!!! Works for Detain shields and Oversoul too!

Have you heard about Super Good Advice??? Let me tell you the good news about Super Good Advice!

ocean

Banned
Ok... so you posted this today at 9:30a.m. CDT, tomorrow 20:30 CET is Thursday at 13:30 CDT, right? Lols. I am totally in, if that's the right time. PSN is legilimens, level 32. I've done VoG once, and it was REALLY fun!

(this is another reason why the100.io is a great site -- it helps out time zone challenged people like me)
You're in! It's 17:11 here right now, if that helps you confirm the timing :p

Bogeypop

But but but Super Good Advice counts Oracle shots as misses so you get almost unlimited ammo!!! Works for Detain shields and Oversoul too!

Have you heard about Super Good Advice??? Let me tell you the good news about Super Good Advice!

Unfortunately the only Exotic Bounty weapon I DON'T have :( I suspect if you already have an Exotic Bounty and don't complete or delete it you won't get another as I was holding onto one for months saying I'd do it "later" for a second Thorn or something and never did it.

ocean

Banned
Unfortunately the only Exotic Bounty weapon I DON'T have :(
Drizzay never leaves home without his, and makes fun of people who use Gjallarhorn on Atheon.

Precise sniping only, amirite? Lol

SGA as a concept is cool but really you'll find yourself never ever using it if you get it later :p for realsies. Used to be fun for Oracles but shotguns are now so OP that they handle Detain Shields and Oracles quicker than machine guns do. And really that was the only barely sort of reasonable use scenario for SGA.

R0ckman

Not seeing very many HoW weapons in pvp, yeah yeah I know which exotics are the best to use, but has regular crucible really just mutated into everyone using the best/cheapest weapons and tactics to win? I could understand the desperation in places like trials but these people seriously don't get tired of using Thorn or the Last Word? Was having a grand time with the queen breaker in Crucible last night. I just can't take the crucible seriously enough to always run in with the top weapons. I want to have a bit of fun.

Top Bottom