• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Neat. Psyched to give this a shot tonight sometime.
6AwWm2zh.jpg

But but but Super Good Advice counts Oracle shots as misses so you get almost unlimited ammo!!! Works for Detain shields and Oversoul too!

Have you heard about Super Good Advice??? Let me tell you the good news about Super Good Advice!
It's the only thing I use in vog. Hip fire spray and pray for days.

I need to run a 35 with you so I can get another one. I want the Lord of Wolves and then I'm done with PoE.

For sure. First timers always get priority but if I've ever doing a run with a vacancy we'll get you in there.

I haven't seen this explicitly stated before but this really does feel like FOMO: The Game sometimes. Probably because DGAF be crazy. ;)

Haha yeah for sure, for better and for worse. It's such a great social game and people always want to keep up with their friends. DGAF definitely amplifies the issue, especially something like Mercury which looks cool and feels exclusive.

X-Frame

So how is YouTube Gaming compared to Twitch? Does it have the potential to overtake Twitch as a gaming streaming platform?

123rl

Not seeing very many HoW weapons in pvp, yeah yeah I know which exotics are the best to use, but has regular crucible really just mutated into everyone using the best/cheapest weapons and tactics to win? I could understand the desperation in places like trials but these people seriously don't get tired of using Thorn or the Last Word? Was having a grand time with the queen breaker in Crucible last night. I just can't take the crucible seriously enough to always run in with the top weapons. I want to have a bit of fun.

I only play Crucible for fun but I like to go to the opposite end of that scale when IB is running. Bad Juju is my PVP weapon of choice, almost always. Even if it puts me at a disadvantage, I prefer using it to the usual suspects like TLW

Trakan

I wonder if Xur will still sell heavy ammo synths if we can turn them in for faction rep now. I think I'll stock up next time he comes around.

GhaleonEB

Dear Bungie:

Please stop sending me emails telling me about the stream when you KNOW I can't watch it from work!

:(

That reminds me.

*blocks 11:00 hour at work*

Very important business occurring then. Very important.

Last week I moved a meeting in order to watch the stream. The meeting was with my boss. Priorities.

is Court of Oryx the main quest line for TTK?

No, it's a Patrol space, where you can initiate public events / firefight type battles for loot.

E92 M3

That reminds me.

Last week I moved a meeting in order to watch the stream. The meeting was with my boss. Priorities.

No, it's a Patrol space, where you can initiate public events / firefight type battles for loot.

Plot twist: Boss was about to move meeting as well to watch the stream. You just did it first.

stb

Thanks for the VoG x3 and Crota x1!

Someone got a Fourth Horseman. I think there were a few of us looking for it. IT WILL BE MINE SOMEDAY.

Thanks for joining us last night, Frenden! Unfortunately, I got NAT issues with you within 10 seconds of you joining, so we didn't get to chat at all.

Anyway, Tuesday night raiding - Victory Lap Edition:

Team:
- me
- GRIP (who I'm reasonably certain was drunk)
- captscience
- Haybro
- Dave_6
- special guest star Frenden
- Verde

2x NF with GRIP
- dual burn arc/solar made this a cakewalk
- I hadn't done it since the Spongebob health nerf
- went to the crate hidey-hole out of habit
- actually laughed out loud when he dropped so quickly
- captscience loaded in at the end of the first one, but didn't even make it to the boss before we killed him
- I forgot to grab the bounty for NF kills for the second trip, and in the time it took me to hit orbit, fly to the tower, grab the bounty, and load back in, they'd almost cleared the section just before the tank
- we actually loaded back in a 3rd time for me to finish up the bounty (thanks, guys!)

VoG HM
- full run
- I was playing my Hunter because I needed armor drops on him
- Frenden hopped in just as we started Spire
- a friendly blueberry helped us with Spire
- rust was evident, as we lost sync plates a few times =(
- Confluxes, Oracles, and Templar went well
- A few glitches (science shooting the relic super instead of cleansing once), but no wipes
- Templar gave me gloves AND boots! I'm not sure if anyone else got anything they didn't have/wanted.
- Gorgons yielded me TWO Thunderlords (shards), despite GRIP and science both getting superfluous Hawkmoons earlier in the day. I'm really starting to develop a complex about this.
- Did the maze first try despite science attempting to lead us astray. Thankfully we had GRIP there to literally point us in the right direction.
- Dave did his best science impression at the jumping puzzle due to Warlocks being awful, but eventually got it, so science remains the only one in the group to have to "pull a science" (definition 1: hit orbit and load back in after we get the GK CP). In fairness to science, he was fairly drunk that night.
- GK gave us 2(?) wipes in the first portal, but was clean after that, even with my hunter on middle duty.
- Atheon was a cakewalk, we even did the second kill in one portal (a first for me).
- Quite a lot of yellow, including my 8th(?) Vex, but I think everyone but me has everything that can drop there, and Hawkmoon eluded me again.

CE HM
- science had the bright idea of doing a "quick HM Crota"
- about half the team tried to run Abyss with... deficient loadouts: Dave was rocking PVP weapons, Haybro didn't have his FB, and GRIP (who normally plays his hunter here to save our buckets/solo) was playing a PVP-configured titan (Striker, shoulder charge, etc.)... but with Saint-14. Classic GRIP.
- after 2 wipes where we got further than we really should have, most people (not GRIP) changed their loadouts and we made it through
- Bridge had one wipe (due to GRIP somehow dying after killing the first GK), but was otherwise pretty smooth.
- Got the chest Thrallway. Well, everyone but Haybro, who got Warlock-jumped and fell into the well.
- DS runs were straightforward.
- Dave ran sword for the first Crota kill and did great! I think we had one wipe, but that was due to Crota charging off the platform after Dave. His second attempt was full on pro-mode; he looked like he'd been doing sword all along.
- Verde popped in after missing the earlier festivities
- GRIP and science shared sword duty for the next kill, I don't remember the order. GRIP had some issues with locomotion and got stuck on geometry a few times.
- A few 4th Horsies dropped, including one for Haybro who needed it! Hay: did that finish your exotic collection?
- I had no such luck, so I still need 4th H and HM for "droppable" exotic weapons =(
- No Cruxes
- by this time it was 12:30 Eastern, so we called it quits without getting the 3rd kill. Hopefully we can finish that off some night this week.

Summary:
As always, a good time was had by all, and it was nice to do the raid content with the guys again. I got 2 VoG armor pieces for my hunter and Hay got his 4th horseman, so it was productive, too. Thanks guys! And thanks to Frenden for jumping in.

I still need to do Weekly Heroics (which I haven't run in 3 months, so my coin stash is getting low), one HM DS/Crota kill, and would like run NM CE with my hunter for armor drops.

Kalamari

Dios mio, is the bounty change coming with 2.0 also, we can stock up even more 5k bounties? I hope there are enough of them to fill the slots.

So I'm getting an XBone for RB so I figure I might as well embrace it as best as possible.

I was thinking about getting one of those devices that lets you use your XBone controller on your PS4. Has anyone here done this with destiny? Does it work well?

I'm suspicious of input lag, so I would love any opinions on it. Actually is it even possible with the touch pad acting as a button? Does the Xbox have an equivalent to this?

How does this work? Just press once and it continues firing until...you press again? The controller doesn't have rumble either right? Not sure how I feel about that :p
You can program it however you want. No rumble, but you get used to it.

Destiny kept killing my DS4s. Those things have terrible build quality and are extremely expensive to replace. Having triggers that won't crap out is so worth it. I don't care if there's no rumble, light bar, headphone jack, motion sensing etc etc etc

stb

Post your thoughts! This has been in my shopping basket for so long. Need to know whether to pull the trigger

*rimshot*

That reminds me.

I have this in my Outlook calendar as "Very important totally work-related meeting"

Kal_El

Probably has been talked about before but after watching the Halo trailer and playing COD beta every FPS reminds me of Destiny in that they are stealing "Supers"

(I know Destiny didn't start them) but i'm having a hard time not comparing games to Destiny and they don't come close. It has its hooks in me bad.

Deku Tree

So I'm getting an XBone for RB so I figure I might as well embrace it as best as possible.

I was thinking about getting one of those devices that lets you use your XBone controller on your PS4. Has anyone here done this with destiny? Does it work well?

I'm suspicious of input lag, so I would love any opinions on it. Actually is it even possible with the touch pad acting as a button? Does the Xbox have an equivalent to this?

As far as I know they only work with wired Xbox controllers and those devices turn off every ten minutes because that is the amount of time that the PS4 waits before turning off your controller. For those reasons I never tried those devices.

Frenden

Banned
From what we've seen it looks fairly quick to level up with XP. The only activity that might have "gear requirements" is the raid and we'll have time to prep for that. I wouldn't worry too much over FOMO.

The less I've stressed over micromanaging progression the more fun I've had. More time spent on the things I enjoy and/or are useful to the community.
You're absolutely right.

As far as I know they only work with wired Xbox controllers and those devices turn off every ten minutes because that is the amount of time that the PS4 waits before turning off your controller. For those reasons I never tried those devices.

They work with wireless

You just need the adapter. The XB1 controllers should be getting support for wireless as well since they are also getting a USB receiver

Was going to pick this up until I saw that it wasn't wireless and had no headphone jack for chat. Post a review when you can! Still tempted aside from those two flaws.
Damn. I want one of those badly. Where did you get yours from? Please report back with a review!!!

Edit: screw it, bought one from Amazon.
lol scroll up and see my posts about it

my short review: it's soooo worth it for the triggers alone. bumpers kinda suck. wired and DS4 feature-less is no biggie. turbo rocks, but not for fusion rifles or machine guns. oh and asymmetric sticks are nice.

Are people making raid plans for TTK? Day One guardians getting ready to put in work. Going to enter the raid with my hunter first the new super will be extremely useful.

i'd love to do poe 35 tonite, needs skolas for moments of triumph. i would need a carry as my titan is only 33. if any kind souls are willing to help this afternoon please send me pm here on gaf or psn dark_preacher

will be ready to roll anytime after 17.30cst

Does anyone know how it works with the Limited edition Destiny Taken king PS4 bundle?

Will there be a big download file once I get the bundle?

I would hate to have to download this large file.

Probably has been talked about before but after watching the Halo trailer and playing COD beta every FPS reminds me of Destiny in that they are stealing "Supers"

(I know Destiny didn't start them) but i'm having a hard time not comparing games to Destiny and they don't come close. It has its hooks in me bad.
Halo stealing supers? I assume you mean the ground pound. This really isn't much like a super at all, as it requires a direct hit for a kill on a player. Otherwise, you just made a total fool of yourself and will get shot to shit.

Besides, the new mechanics being added to halo act nothing like supers. They are intrinsic abilities available to all players at all times, not a periodic super move that gives you a massive offensive advantage.

Nuszka

Are people making raid plans for TTK? Day One guardians getting ready to put in work. Going to enter the raid with my hunter first the new super will be extremely useful.

I have a group that has taken 2 days off just so we can play and enjoy the game, not sure if we are in for the race though but some of us like me are already well prepared for 15th. Myself between 3 classes have maxed marks, bounties, public events packages 3x vanguard, crucible, cryptarh, 2x dead orbit,2x new monarchy rep just on the edge. I personally needed it now just because I'm going away for a week on saturday, unfortunately i will miss out on the 2.0 patch hype.

Yeah the DLC for taken king better be on the disc! I dont want to download gigs if I get it on the same day as taken king is released.

The Dlc won't be on disc. All the Dlc will be downloaded through a large patch that will go out on the 8th. The Dlc codes will just let you download a couple megabyte thing that will open up the Dlc for you. The patch adding all the content is around 18 gigs I believe.

The Dlc won't be on disc. All the Dlc will be downloaded through a large patch that will go out on the 8th. The Dlc codes will just let you download a couple megabyte thing that will open up the Dlc for you. The patch adding all the content is around 18 gigs I believe.

GOD DAMN.

then the damn PS4 limited edition bundle needs to be at my door days before the release of Taken king!

Top Bottom