• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

From Bungie's twitter:

An archive of the Court of Oryx stream (most of it, anyway) will be uploaded to YouTube tomorrow.

The King's Fall Raid will be available in The Taken King on 9/18 at 10 AM PDT

Antiquated Runes are rare drops in Tier 2, the Nightfall, and Raids. They are used to start Tier 3 events.

Your entire Fireteam must enter the court or the event will cancel.

All of the bosses in Court of Oryx have special mechanics. No bullet sponges!

New ghost shells will have perks to help you find planetary materials by adding a waypoint when you get close.

Most importantly:

Swords will not drop in The Taken King, you will have to forge them.

It's weird they announced the raid start time before TTK. Have they forgotten that they haven't announced it? Haha!

Edit: before TTK start time I mean. Sorry!

People cared more about the Raid release window as it gave them time to plan. We know that the TK launched on the 15th and the timeframe is still probably not set in stone.

It's unclear whether you can level up beyond 34 before the 15th.

But after the 8th you will require experience not armor to level beyond 20 I think.

So confused....

I remember in other MMO's they would release the big 2.0 or equivalent patch before the main release, and it would bring some changes, but actual new content and levels wouldnt unlock until the main release date. I imagine 2.0 will only bring NolanBot and index our exotics and levels, and the actual new content will come on the 15th. Just my take on it though.

you buying physical? why?

even if you have disc it won't let you play until it goes live :p

Well the TK by itself is like $70 for some stupid reason, and I am giving the base game and expansion stuff to my GF, so it kinda worked out. Plus physical tat! Still can't get over how much they are charging just for the standalone DLC, boggles my mind slightly.

Anastasis

Do we know anything about player level for TTK other than it is there to lock you out of certain equipment? Is it HP as well? I'm wondering what it means that an enemy is a higher level in TTK. It may simply a way to say they have more HP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...ct_pvp_player_hp_values_for_all_armor_builds/

fd27ac50f968af6a7a6d4c3f65cc5f41.png

R0ckman

I really like the RPG mix with sci-fi that bungie went in with this. Unfortunately it looks like Halo is going full-on into "military puppet" mode.

XenoRaven

As soon as they said sword we all blacked out.
I mean look at this.

Warlocks are so great. I almost feel bad for those crappy Hunters.
You'll feel even worse when you're hopelessly pinned to the ground by void arrows, unable to use your fancy lightning gimmicks.

X-Frame

I feel overwhelmed with how much content there is, and I basically have everything now.

I can't imagine what a new player would feel like coming in right now but I will be excited to hear impressions.

Gordon

So finally got my flawless raid done. Cheesed our way through CE NM. The jump up to despawn at the bridge was the real boss lol

Naturally, feeling all satisfied, go look at my achievements and realize Bungie have already added in TTK achievements so I don't even get game completion :/ *sigh*

Well the TK by itself is like $70 for some stupid reason, and I am giving the base game and expansion stuff to my GF, so it kinda worked out. Plus physical tat! Still can't get over how much they are charging just for the standalone DLC, boggles my mind slightly.

Wait, TTK by itself is $70 in AU? Or is that the legendary edition?

As soon as they said sword we all blacked out.
I mean look at this.

Warlocks are so great. I almost feel bad for those crappy Hunters.

That's what all the have-nots say ;)

Remember that time you got surprised by an invisible hunter and he slit your throat?

No, no you don't. Because you were already dead.

Mindlog

That's what all the have-nots say ;)

Remember that time you got surprised by an invisible hunter and he slit your throat?

No, no you don't. Because you were already dead.
Hunters don't survive this expansion.
That's why there are no Hunters in the Future War Cult.

jaaz

Not sure if this was addressed, but if you use a rune and fail the summoning event, do you loose the rune or do you get it back to try again?

Gordon

i'm hoping Destiny (or Halo 5) has space combat hidden up their sleeve. I need my dog fighting fix.
That used to be a lot of fun back in Battlefront 2. I wonder if the new Battlefront they're starting the beta for will have some too..

I saw a lot of swords in that raid teaser. I wonder if some enemies can only be damaged by sword, thus making having one a requirement to do the raid?

Top Bottom