• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Hunters don't survive this expansion.
That's why there are no Hunters in the Future War Cult.

Ew, future war cult? Gross.

That's because they're all in New Monarchy... you know, royalty and shit?

Stop having bad taste

Keep having good taste

Dead Orbit says hi.

By itself. Legendary is $90 and the physical collectors is $119

FFS. Lookout for Target/BigW/DSE, they will probably have Legendary edition for $69/79 at launch.

So, any cliffnotes without any spoilers, of what happened in today's reveal?

I can't read anything because I don't want to find out much :X

stb

So, any cliffnotes without any spoilers, of what happened in today's reveal?

I can't read anything because I don't want to find out much :X

They played Court of Oryx, the "on demand" public event thingie.

They also showed a raid teaser.

I'm not sure where your "spoiler" threshold is. =)

pixxxelz

Nope, just that you can't buy them and it is via quests.
So like exotic bounties then? Cool
As soon as they said sword we all blacked out.
I mean look at this.

Warlocks are so great. I almost feel bad for those crappy Hunters.
6709V9S.jpg

They played Court of Oryx, the "on demand" public event thingie.

They also showed a raid teaser.

I'm not sure where your "spoiler" threshold is. =)

Exotic Sword.

End.

ahh alright Thanks! Sword = drool.

I also read the Title from Gaming Side but that's it. So raid on Friday, 3 days after release. Not quite 1-2 weeks haha now hardly anyone can be mad at that.

So I saw a really nice summary of what we will get on the 8th and on the 15th here in this thread. I cant seem to find it now..

Why wasnt that added to the OP?

shenze

Banned
Will they be adding the system where you get exotics that you dont have more often
in the 2.0 update or in The Taken King. If its in the 2.0 update, I am going to wait to
do my nightfalls and raids until wednesday and get more worthwhile rewards out of them.

Or is there something i'm missing?

Of course I have an Xbox 1. I've had XBL since the original Xbox. I'm not some console fanboy. Plus how else am I gonna play Halo? Riddle me that Colonel Variks Schwarzenegger-Hill0Corn. I didn't take on 4th, 5th, & 6th Guardians and forget about old friends :(

Hahaha I never forget about friends!! You know there's not much to do these days in Destiny. I do 3x Nightfalls, then a few tickets of Trials here and there, mostly trying to help people get 5+ wins. I'm going to try to help a Gaffer this weekend (on PS4), always up for playing!

EDIT: Also, I finally beat another game. My first game beat since Bloodborne like 4 months ago hahaha. Bastion! Great 6-7 hour little game.

If I was available on the 15th, I'd definitely run through TTK with you and Javi again. I'm pretty sad that I won't be able to, still.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Will they be adding the system where you get exotics that you dont have more often
in the 2.0 update or in The Taken King. If its in the 2.0 update, I am going to wait to
do my nightfalls and raids until wednesday and get more worthwhile rewards out of them.

I believe the only locked stuff in the patch is TTK content, but all the stuff like weapon rebalancing, improved loot drop rate, should be in the patch. I could be wrong, though.

Toddler

Missed the stream (thanks responsibilities!) and im not finding it in their previous broadcasts. Where do I watch it at?

Good question. I'd imagine it's 2.0, but I'm not certain. Personally, I'm skipping out on everything this week and will probably only play PvP next week at the most until Taken King. I don't want to level up any more current gear, especially exotics with the changes in bound, etheric light is useless, etc, etc.

Besides that I'm not interested in edging up factions and stacking bounties/reward packages. I want to jump into TTK as organically as possible. There will be plenty of time to work towards getting all the goodies and don't want all this stuff to drop in my lap immediately. Doing this took a lot of my initial enjoyment/discovery away from HoW for me.

Juraash

I would have preferred maybe like....10 days for the raid unlock. Friday is a good day, I would have just put it on the Friday after the one they've chosen.

Give people enough time to play and enjoy the new systems and everything.

On the other hand, DGAF has taughte that groups are plentiful. I'm sure I'll have run it a few times before long.

MrDaravon

Perhaps more difficult than it should have been, but thanks for the Crota runs guys! I've actually done both full raids on all of my characters already this week, and I almost never even get to do that period. Almost don't know what to do with myself now lol.

Also can't believe I got another Crux, I don't want them anymore :(

flkraven

I just read this on reddit. Thought it was valuable:

Did anyone else watching the stream see when Lauren got killed by the Hive Tombship, it said recommended light level 190 next to what killed her? I think that'll be important there.

kiguel182

Another stream and more hype for me.

Also, I don't know how DestinyGaf will do regarding the raid but hopefully it will be easy to find a noob-friendly group when I'm at level 40.

As a final note: that Suros looked so good.

Best day ever!!!!!!!! I didn't watch the stream cos spoilers. And I've avoided here for same. However I just got revenant!!!!! Booooyaaaahhhh

Top Bottom