• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

todd360

So.... Finally able to catch up to all the news and watch the stream/trailers....etc

Pretty cool about the raid being available the 18th, but honestly.... I would have been fine with them waiting even longer to release it.

Either way should be a fun journey watching people try to get it done :)

I'm surprised its only three days. Friday does seem like a good day go unlock it though.

noomi

I'm surprised its only three days. Friday does seem like a good day go unlock it though.

Yup, being on a Friday will be nice. Now I'll just have to convince my wife for more Destiny time since I already have off Tues/Wed :p

After a year, I finally got a primary that does element damage...

...just in time for it to be out-classed and un-ascendable.

Which primary did you get? Have you just started raiding after a year?

Arc primary from Crota. I don't even remember the name. I've only ever done a few raids and actually did my first HM Crota earlier this afternoon.

Frenden

Banned
My wife sees the longing in my face and tells me to go away and play my shooty shoot. She's cool. That's why I married her. 16 years.

vctor182

So I just realized I only had till the 8th(?) to complete the triumphs and not the 15th. Going out of town this Saturday so I only have till Friday to beat skolas :(

I have enough E-light to level any of my characters to 34 (warlock/titan/hunter), and my only 365 weapon is a gally. But I'll do my best to bring my alts up to help with the process.

Anyone on XB1 willing to help a 35 PoE newb out?

Best of luck man, I wish I could help you but currently I'm on PS3.

GhaleonEB

So every sword is tied to a quest line, in which we "forge" it. We've seen Arc Blade, and the exotic one today. I wonder if each new subclass gets a blade for their element (Void Blade for Nightstalker, etc.) so you have to run each class to get them all, or if one character can gather them. Bungie seems to be leaning into class specific quests/items with TTK.

Anybody want to form a group for Skolas tonight? I really want to beat him so I can finish up my triumphs. We got him down to the mine section earlier, but had to disband.

I'm level 34 and have 365 Fatebringer/Icebreaker/Gally.

PSN: ShinigamiFrost

Want to try and get a group going at 9pm CST or so.

Edit: Drizzay Signal!!!!

SnakeEyes

Banned
My wife sees the longing in my face and tells me to go away and play my shooty shoot. She's cool. That's why I married her. 16 years.
Congrats. My wife is a tattoo artist and illustrator so she spends lots of time drawing, and there's only so much time I can spend sitting on the couch next to her before I get bored too. So she draws, and I shoot things :)

So every sword is tied to a quest line, in which we "forge" it. We've seen Arc Blade, and the exotic one today. I wonder if each new subclass gets a blade for their element (Void Blade for Nightstalker, etc.) so you have to run each class to get them all, or if one character can gather them. Bungie seems to be leaning into class specific quests/items with TTK.
Delicious. The Collector/Hoarder in me is chomping at the bit to craft swords.

noomi

Arc primary from Crota. I don't even remember the name. I've only ever done a few raids and actually did my first HM Crota earlier this afternoon.

Oh nice, the fang. It's very good :)

Congrats! Hey who knows maybe one day it'll be able to ascend again....

I love the void sword, it looked so sexeh. I will need to collect them all, glad they increased that vault space.

Klyka

Banned
I love the void sword, it looked so sexeh. I will need to collect them all, glad they increased that vault space.

It did indeed

xyHdgff.jpg

Kinda like a Falchion or something.
Smaller Buster Sword.

Anastasis

Please sell sword cutlery on the Bungie store!

noomi

Just got home from work.

Anyone know where I can watch a VoD of the Court of Oryx reveal thingy?

I believe if you go to the bungie twitch page they will have an archive of today's broadcast.

Try this: twitch.tv/bungie/profile

Check past broadcasts

Small note that may be important to some people.

I tried activating one of these boosters today, and when you do you can hover over the given effect icon and it tells you what it gives.

It gives XP gains specifically to subclass, armor and weapons. It's interesting to me that it does not mention your level, which as we know is changing to climb up as a direct result of XP activities.

Not sure if this is an omission of sorts, or intentional. Just a heads up!

Also note that faction gains are not affected by this booster either.

SpecX

Anybody want to form a group for Skolas tonight? I really want to beat him so I can finish up my triumphs. We got him down to the mine section earlier, but had to disband.

I'm level 34 and have 365 Fatebringer/Icebreaker/Gally.

PSN: ShinigamiFrost

Want to try and get a group going at 9pm CST or so.

Edit: Drizzay Signal!!!!

<,< I want to, but this is too early for me :(

Gordon

So Bungie's site indicates there aren't any retailers available in Canada for the basic digital TTK - does that mean we're getting screwed around like when Destiny originally released? No pre-ordering for digital/possibly having to wait? (or alternatively going and buying the full game and all three DLCs for $40 less than I already paid for the game and the first two DLCs?)

So Bungie's site indicates there aren't any retailers available in Canada for the basic digital TTK - does that mean we're getting screwed around like when Destiny originally released? No pre-ordering for digital/possibly having to wait? (or alternatively going and buying the full game and all three DLCs for $40 less than I already paid for the game and the first two DLCs?)

You can't preorder from psn?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If the raid starts at 1pm, I could be there zero hour. If not I'll have to join the rest of the working people and do it later that night.

VOG x3 soon.

I've been away all day so I'm just catching up now. Glad to see that the Raid is going to be released on Friday. I have that weekend off so I'm hoping to find a group to dive in with at launch.

360. It looked roughly the same when I tried to get the digital copy of the game back at launch, but then I didn't care as much because I wasn't already $110 invested.

Ahh. I'm not sure then. I haven't seen the store on the 360 in quite a while so I don't know if they even do digital pre-orders. Maybe the MS store if you can buy digital content there from your desktop?

that gif reminded me of that game on cauldron. i'm not one to laugh at my own jokes but rewatching my commentary after so many months cracked me up.

the shit that happens in this game is unbelievable.

todd360

We need to be able to arrive on our ships with music blaring like the helicopter in metal gear. Every time I say no fucks given to myself lol

Anastasis

that gif reminded me of that game on cauldron. i'm not one to laugh at my own jokes but rewatching my commentary after so many months cracked me up.

the shit that happens in this game is unbelievable.

Destiny the Taken King |OT| Eclipse the Son

Gordon

Ahh. I'm not sure then. I haven't seen the store on the 360 in quite a while so I don't know if they even do digital pre-orders. Maybe the MS store if you can buy digital content there from your desktop?
Well the canadian xbone store shows the $40 expansion alongside the legendary etc. The 360 store just has the legendary :/

Top Bottom