• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

noomi

Those TTK achievements....

Look really easy to get....

*edit*

Top of the page huh? Well uh.... here!

781070941831359304.gif

zarnold56

I'm thinking about risking divorce and buying the Sony Gold Wireless Headset on my way home. Do people here use them? Is it worth it? I have a 7.1 system connected to my TV but to use it at anything close to a high volume causes my dogs to freak out so I'm hoping these will let me actually hear the games the way they're supposed to be heard.

Any impressions would be appreciated!

I use them and love them. Separate controls for chat and game audio are nice. I'm not a big audio guy but I think they sound great, and are comfortable to wear.

I've been out for too long with one thing or another on my end since April/May, but I'm glad to see everyone pumped for the upcoming TTK.

Any Skolas runs taking place soon? My max is a 33 Warlock however, so I'm not quite sure if that would make me a significant cripple point or not. This will fulfill the last requirement for the emblem.
I'm thinking about risking divorce and buying the Sony Gold Wireless Headset on my way home. Do people here use them? Is it worth it? I have a 7.1 system connected to my TV but to use it at anything close to a high volume causes my dogs to freak out so I'm hoping these will let me actually hear the games the way they're supposed to be heard.

I love them. Beats the hell out of my tvs built-in speakers and the ear bud dongle that comes with the system. The downloadable sound profiles for games like Destiny and Bloodborne are great, and the set itself is comfortable. Only minor complaint I have is that the build quality is a tad concerning. The things never get misused and are stored well, but I've had things pop off and I've heard a lot of issues with cracking within a year or so from others.

ocean

Banned
Chose my emblem: the "I went to the Moon during the Beta" emblem, to commemorate the one year thing Nami is making :)

Tjamato88

I don't have them, but I've heard nothing but good things. As far as "on the way home", bear in mind that Amazon has them like $25 off sticker price.

But my marriage has been vastly improved by buying a good headset. Keeps me from disturbing my wife, and now my baby. Highly recommended!
Haha I feel like my girlfriend would hate the Gold headset. She doesn't like all the game noise so I have all my sound going through my mono PS4 headset but she also likes to be able to talk to me while I'm playing so having both ears covered would be bad.

/smh

I don't have them, but I've heard nothing but good things. As far as "on the way home", bear in mind that Amazon has them like $25 off sticker price.

But my marriage has been vastly improved by buying a good headset. Keeps me from disturbing my wife, and now my baby. Highly recommended!

I'm actually going to Target because of price-matching with Amazon :)

E92 M3

Or getting a double kill with Splaser? Admittedly, that was still easier than getting a Mongoose kill but still.... fuck PvP achievements.

Okay you're right. PvP achievements are the worst. I just remember all the trophies I missed out on from other multiplayer heavy games.

Yeah it can work. I'll clean it up a bit. :)

Infinity Ward was ahead of their time when they decided not to have MP achievements in COD4 and MW2. It was a real e-blessing.

ocean

Banned
All signs seem to pointing that it does.

It seems to make sense.

Reducing progression speed impacts like 10% of the hardest of hardcore daily players. Destiny is not a microtransaction game, so it doesn't need to cater to whales.

What it does want to clearly do is make your acquisitions matter to you.

Now that is a different track then a super high level player feeling "stuck" because they raced through everything they could for the week. Their decision to spread these limits across all three characters also points to this. They don't want people to feel like they need three characters to get their max weekly loot.

This is, I believe, what Bungie wants your Destiny end game week to look like. You got a Legendary on Tuesday. It's wonderful, or it's not. You spend a few hours every day filling out the slots with mats and XP. Or you do some activities to gain XP so you can use the loot. By the next Tuesday, you've spent the week with your new gear and it means something to you.

What your week looks like now: Nothing to buy from Vendors, one thing to buy from Xur, you're maxed out on marks and mats. Your gear is a blur of numbers and perks, and god help you, even Fatebringer is boring to you now, so much so that the Strike stream hand cannon was annoying just from the damn sound of it.

I prefer the first one. It's different, and it will certainly steer the game away from where it is now for high level players, but I think it's the right decision.

What drew me to Destiny at the very beginning, was the promise of that great loot. The way the UI made it more appealing than a Forza Motorsport car. I want that back. I want, like they said in EDGE, every drop to mean something.

For that to really be true, they have to pump the breaks. It will mean less stuff that means more, and I honestly prefer that instead of the situation now:

More stuff that means less.
What's weird is the people who lose out under my (admittedly incomplete) understanding of the systems they've previewed are casual players.

If making meaningful progress requires you to play the Daily Heroic Story chapter and the Daily PvP mode...I won't be worse off for it. I play every day anyways. But most people don't, and shouldn't be expected to.

This way of gating Marks so heavily, and making our previously weekly periods for progression and turning it into a daily commitment to access this hard to come by currency...then people who only play weekends will be waaay more behind us daily players than they used to be.

What's weird is the people who lose out under my (admittedly incomplete) understanding of the systems they've previewed are casual players.

If making meaningful progress requires you to play the Daily Heroic Story chapter and the Daily PvP mode...I won't be worse off for it. I play every day anyways. But most people don't, and shouldn't be expected to.

This way of gating Marks so heavily, and making our previously weekly periods for progression and turning it into a daily commitment to access this hard to come by currency...then people who only play weekends will be waaay more behind us daily players than they used to be.

Huh

It doesnt look like Marks are gated heavily at all from what I have seen

They can be earned from a huge variety of sources from what I can tell. (for example sharding year 2 legendaries)

Huh

It doesnt look like Marks are gated heavily at all from what I have seen

They can be earned from a huge variety of sources from what I can tell. (for example sharding year 2 legendaries)

we wont know for sure until they confirm what they said. because if we go by Bungies own words. the only way to earn Legendary marks are Daily heroic, weekly heroic, daily crucible and dismantling legendary gear. This is far more restrictive than it is now.

we wont know for sure until they confirm what they said. because if we go by Bungies own words. the only way to earn Legendary marks are Daily heroic, weekly heroic, daily crucible and dismantling legendary gear. This is far more restrictive than it is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prLCm-gcw4o

17:58

Quest lines can also reward legendary marks

More as I comb through old streams but I also think

Reputation Faction rewards can also awards Marks i believe

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Idea: newly-acquired old raid gear (i.e.: VoG or CE runs after TTK comes out) should award legendary marks in addition to the raid upgrade mats when dismantled. eh?

Each week players receive bonus Legendary Marks from the Weekly Heroic Playlist. These awards are received at the Account level rather than the character level - as was the case with Year One Weekly Heroic Rewards.

Also the 3 run "limit" seems to just refer to the weekly Mark BONUS

Meaning subsequent runs after 3 give out less marks?

Not sure on this since the wording isnt clear

Mindlog

Don't have them, but I see a surprising number of them broken. Like a whole bunch of them.

I spent a lot more on my headphones, but use the cheap ass Sony mic and haven't really received any complaints. Whatever you decide. Headphones are great!

exactly, Salvage was my last trophy before my Platinum and I didn't get it until February. Just thought it was dumb to have PVP trophies anyway. But they had to make dem trophies. :p

It was my last one as well. What makes it different is that the crucible is part of the daily grind just like any other activity. This game doesnt expect you to be just a PVP player or a PVE player. it kinda forces you to do both. I am not a PVP player. And I didnt start playing it until I realized I wanted that extra 100 weekly marks. Now I rather enjoy it :) once I got better than going 2-20 each game.

:*(

The rich keep getting richer

Oh no! I have become the
1%!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prLCm-gcw4o

17:58

Quest lines can also reward legendary marks

More as I comb through old streams but I also think

Reputation Faction rewards can also awards Marks i believe

Thanks I forgot about the quests, I wonder how often we will get them and how abundant they will be?

JayHayabusa

Do we know more details about Sublime Engrams? Things like color, tied to activities?

Or all we know is that they are Playstation exclusive?

LkPr

random question: I want to play a hunter when TTK drops and I currently don't have one. Should I just wait until it releases and use that item to get me to lvl 25 or work on lvling one up over the next few weeks?

darthbob

Do we know more details about Sublime Engrams? Things like color, tied to activities?

Or all we know is that they are Playstation exclusive?

All we really know is the name. We don't know if they'll appear on Xbox and if so, what their function will be.

I'm hoping that they're rainbow colored. :3

Tjamato88

random question: I want to play a hunter when TTK drops and I currently don't have one. Should I just wait until it releases and use that item to get me to lvl 25 or work on lvling one up over the next few weeks?
This is my biggest challenge. I have a level 3 Titan that I can grind up and then was thinking about starting a Warlock and using the boost on her.

It was my last one as well. What makes it different is that the crucible is part of the daily grind just like any other activity. This game doesnt expect you to be just a PVP player or a PVE player. it kinda forces you to do both. I am not a PVP player. And I didnt start playing it until I realized I wanted that extra 100 weekly marks. Now I rather enjoy it :) once I got better than going 2-20 each game.

Oh no! I have become the
1%!

Thanks I forgot about the quests, I wonder how often we will get them and how abundant they will be?

@ 34:08 it shows "High Value Targets Quest"

I dont know if quests are repeatable like bounties are though so they might only award one time rewards of marks.... Not sure

Top Bottom