• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Ambitious

I'm down. I need to finish that too. PoE 32?

I'm up for doing some PoE 32 or 34 to get my Cores and Etheric Light for the week.
At least until UPS decides to show up with my copy of MGSV which should be within the next 2-3 hours

Yeah, let's do 32. You know how this works? If we kill ourselves immediately after killing the boss, the round restarts but we still get the points. I'll send you FRs.

X-Frame

Trailer question re: The Queen (from yesterday's stream):

Is anyone else super curious how The Queen's blue Awoken eyes were glowing stronger when she underwent that ritual in the trailer and then faded out completely?

Whatever causes their eyes to glow, be or Light or the Darkness (or the combination), can be channeled or exhausted. That is crazy. Makes me a lot more curious about exactly what the Awoken are.

Ambitious

Is the Google Chrome version of Tower Ghost for Destiny broken for anyone else? When I just launched it, it displayed the release notes for version 3.0.9 and crashed after a few seconds. Chrome's extension list said it was damaged and needed to be repaired. I did so, but it still crashes a few seconds after launching it.

Thanks! :) I'll have to go dig it up lol.

Edit-

SOB, come on bungie give us achievement whores something we have to take on a date first! Lol

I did a google search and it seems you get trophies for doing the new TTK quests. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This seems pretty underwhelming.

Theorry

I did a google search and it seems you get trophies for doing the new TTK quests. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This seems pretty underwhelming.

The Taken King (40) – Complete “The Taken King” quest.
Night Court (20) – Complete “The Court of Oryx” quest.
Hunger Pangs (20) – Complete “The Old Hunger” quest.
Second Wind (20) – Complete the “Echoes of Oryx” quest.
Stormcaller (20) – Complete “The Stormcaller’s Path” quest.
Sunbreaker (20) – Complete “The Sunbreakers’ Challenge” quest.
Nightstalker (20) – Complete “The Nightstalker’s Trail” quest.
Still Got Wolf Problems (20) – Complete “The Wolves of Mars” quest.
The King is Dead (20) – Complete the King’s Fall Raid.
Long Live the King (50) – Complete the King’s Fall Raid (Heroic).

You are not alone. It was the most i have been disappointed in a long long time.

yeah, same here, as a long time MGS fan I couldnt imagine at any point in the last 3 or so years that I would feel this way about a new MGS game.

That bad? What's causing you hang ups?

I'm still on the fence about buying it, but I've been reading the spoilers thread, so don't worry about that.

MGS games have always felt unique and special. they were an event when one came out. this one feels like any generic open world ops game. Not a whole lot different than say a Far Cry. and if you want to have fun with new gear, you have to micro-manage mother base before you can even think about getting any of the cool gadgets that make it FEEL like metal gear. In the previews I thought that Motherbase was supposed to be a diversion for those that wanted to do it. but after playing it for about 8 or so hours, its seems like a requirement. Mission structure, at least so far is a very basic, go here, get that blow up that. done. On par with vanilla destiny story mission. go here, shoot that, dinklebot open door, kill dudes the end. And the biggest and most glaring flaw with the game. the story, or lack there of. I know people complain about Destiny having no story. But this is METAL GEAR. it is the most important aspect of it. And so far, with the exception of the prologue, I have seen none of it. Its really sad. There is more but I dont want to get into spoilers

I dont want it to sound like I hate this game because I don't. I might have had my expectations set to high, but if high means MGS standards than this fell below the bar. I aint gonna give up on it yet.

noomi

You guys must have football shaped heads to be braking these headphones.

HeyArnold!.jpg

Dude, did you just throw a Hey Arnold reference?

One of my all time favorite cartoons when I was a kid. Also Doug, Doug was awesome lol.

Nope not yet, they said they will have one today though.

Good to know thanks, hoping for some good info with this one :D

F5F5F5F5

todd i thought i had you added on skype? my pics on there.

i guess we don't need a destinygaf skype anymore with the playstation community thing coming. unless xboners wanted to get in on it.

Lee

They've been posting the weekly update later and later. I used to end my day at work reading it and any discussion but now it's rarely up before I head home and I have to sneak a peak during dinner with the family because god forbid I don't catch up on Deej's weekly metaphor extravaganza.

Blunoise

HUGE Request GAF mates!

So on 9-18-15 when the Kings Fall release I have work and get off at 1230 am est. I work at a NOC... So iam requesting anyone who wants to do the Raid at 1:30AM est? I know it be late....but it's Friday :p
1.blunoise1

They've been posting the weekly update later and later. I used to end my day at work reading it and any discussion but now it's rarely up before I head home and I have to sneak a peak during dinner with the family because god forbid I don't catch up on Deej's weekly metaphor extravaganza.

lol it should be up within the next 90 minutes

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
HUGE Request GAF mates!

So on 9-18-15 when the Kings Fall release I have work and get off at 1230 am est. I work at a NOC... So iam requesting anyone who wants to do the Raid at 1:30AM est? I know it be late....but it's Friday :p
1.blunoise1
2 Oichi (Reno on PSN)

I'm in, that's perfect for me actually :D

EloquentM

aka Mannny
HUGE Request GAF mates!

1.blunoise1
are you a part of the 100.io gaf groups? It'll be easier to post there

Trace

Banned
Holy shit I thought you got it a while back, congrats man.

It was my last vanilla exotic. Only two exotics I don't own now are Dreg's Promise and Necrochasm and I haven't really been going for either of those.

Today is a good day
Kreygasm.png

Kyoufu

Fusion rifles have been mostly useless for a long time now. Can't even recall the last time I actually used one.

I went 27/9 with it today in Control. It's like the only FR I've gotten over 5 kills with since the glory of Pocket Infinity.

GutZ31

It was my last vanilla exotic. Only two exotics I don't own now are Dreg's Promise and Necrochasm and I haven't really been going for either of those.

Today is a good day
Kreygasm.png

You have done yourself a great service by not pursuing these guns.

Fusion rifles have been mostly useless for a long time now. Can't even recall the last time I actually used one.
Yeah fusion rifles suck, just want one for collection purposes because it's the only raid weapon I don't have. RNG works in mysterious ways, my first 2 VoG hard mode clears got me 2 Vex Mythoclasts.

Top Bottom