• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Wow! I just read the Weekly Update. Bungie knows how to surprise us!
Crucible Preview Event? hell yes

Daemul

Still no Ram, meh. :/

Next week is the last chance for it to be sold before being relegated to a legacy engram when TTK comes out. I was gonna say that I'm surprised that it hasn't been sold since every other HoW exotic armour piece has been, but I'm not, Bungie know that they fucked up with it and its just damage limitation at this point by limiting it's acquisition to RNG with the exotic helmet engram.

Ambitious

Wasted 161 motes, but I finally got the Celestial Nighthawk. Now the only exotic HoW armor I'm missing are the three Warlock pieces. Which is kinda pissing me off, as the Warlock is my main character.

Just need Skull of Dire Ahamkara and Ram, here we go!

1st engram: Eternal Warrior
2nd engram: Mask of the Third Man
3rd engram: An Insurmountable Skullfront
4th engram: Skull of the Dire Ahamkara
5th engram: The Ram

Pleasure doing business with you, you sweet little SOB!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Time to take a pause from MGS and get me them sweet exotics im missing.

And now that i got the missing ones, back to Side-OPS grind D:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Master Ives for the win.

Need the Ram and the Celestial Nighthawk, bought 3 engrams: Knucklehead Radar, The Ram, Celestial Nighthawk.

Only Purifier Robes and Radiant Dance Machine left to complete my Year One collection.

Shito

Next week is the last chance for it to be sold before being relegated to a legacy engram when TTK comes out. I was gonna say that I'm surprised that it hasn't been sold since every other HoW exotic armour piece has been, but I'm not, Bungie know that they fucked up with it and its just damage limitation at this point by limiting it's acquisition to RNG with the exotic helmet engram.
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for next week, I will burn all my motes on trying to luck out on one... as always each time the helmet engram shows up. ^^
It's clearly a case of "Xur will never sell the Horn" again.

Mandelbo

So you can be awarded weapons from expansions 1 and 2 even if you don't own them? That's kinda stupid. If my first legendary is something I can't actually use I'm not going to be impressed.

Wait, I can equip it still... I'm confused.

Makikou

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for next week, I will burn all my motes on trying to luck out on one... as always each time the helmet engram shows up. ^^
It's clearly a case of "Xur will never sell the Horn" again.

Want to know a fun thing? I don't even main warlock and i got it from the first helmet engram i bought when HoW came out.

:B

ocean

Banned
There's 36 Exotic Armor pieces. Xur has sold 35. Why do you say you're not surprised he hasn't sold The Ram? He's sold literally every single armor piece other than that one, it's a strange omission. He's also sold every single weapon he can sell (ie not bounty or raid or PSN) two or more times.

Xur is the man. Other than Ram, he's given us everything. I'd be highly surprised if he didn't sell it next week.

I just re-installed this, I have completed the first raid last year and I am level 27.

If I pre order the taken king I get the two expansions as well, so assuming I do that what should I do to prepare my character in the next ten days?

Is it worth buying any new armour or weapons or should I just save up everything?

Is all weapon and armour becoming useless like a traditional MMO?

Shito

Want to know a fun thing? I don't even main warlock and i got it from the first helmet engram i bought when HoW came out.

:B
Haha.
I'm not too jealous, though, warlock is my least favorite class, and I don't play much PVP; I just want it for the collection and nothing else, really. :D

Kyoufu

I just re-installed this, I have completed the first raid last year and I am level 27.

If I pre order the taken king I get the two expansions as well, so assuming I do that what should I do to prepare my character in the next ten days?

Is it worth buying any new armour or weapons or should I just save up everything?

Is all weapon and armour becoming useless like a traditional MMO?

Certain Exotics will transition to Year 2, but Legendaries will be obsolete in PVE.

The only weapons/armour I'd buy right now would be the Exotics from Xur.

ocean

Banned
That's how friendships are made. First it's like "bro who's this random" to "bro let's do trials for fun" or even " yo I'll the daily with you"
Running the daily with someone is the highest compliment. "Let your Dinklebot scan Rasputin. I'll be here helping you get this important 16 Spirit Bloom".

Makikou

Haha.
I'm not too jealous, though, warlock is my least favorite class, and I don't play much PVP; I just want it for the collection and nothing else, really. :D

I've never got into Warlock myself either, but alas, i think i'm going to give it a go again when 2.0 comes out. (or i'll just start another Titan..)

nothing really. you could do the weekly to earn strange coins so you could buy the first new exotic xur sells. but that's about it.

you could just do whatever you want to level up to 32 with vanguard/crucible gear and lessen the exp grind but it's not needed since level 25 is the minimum for TTK.

Makikou

nothing really. you could do the weekly to earn strange coins so you could buy the first new exotic xur sells. but that's about it.

you could just do whatever you want to level up to 32 with vanguard gear and lessen the exp grind but it's not needed since level 25 is the minimum for TTK.

I think if he want's to get levels, the best way might be wait till 2.0 ?

Gordon

Oh man, it's a good thing Xur has helmet engrams and the cryptarch isn't feeling too cheap tonight. Finally got my Arachnid. Just need Dance Machines and I've got every year 1 exotic. I needed a decent drop after the trash night I had in pvp. Nothing but Mexicans and Brazilians, every fucking game. Literally every game with one exception. Seriously Bungie, I live in CANADA! Is it so much to ask to get matched against people from your own continent? And of course not only are they all lagging like crazy because obviously ping isn't great over that kind of distance, but they're all trying SO hard. I really hope they nerf TLW to complete unusability, just because I'm so sick of it. I was running with my Revelator and 20/20 AMR7 because seriously it's just control/salvage. *sigh* All I saw were TLW/Thorn/Felwinters/Final Round Efrideets, and every rocket launcher was three in the tube with grenades and horseshoes. Complete unplayable trash. I'm thinking of shelving destiny until bungie releases a game mode with some modicum of balance. I know 2.0 is coming, but I don't have any faith left in bungie. Every update I've gotten my hopes up, and every update has just made balanced weapons less viable.

you could just do whatever you want to level up to 32 with vanguard/crucible gear and lessen the exp grind but it's not needed since level 25 is the minimum for TTK.

Cheers, I have no issues grinding levels when the expac hits so i'd rather do that than spend all my currency at the moment.

I have 30 strange coins just now so I guess I could buy the hunter stuff he has but probably makes sense to save it for a couple of weeks when I assume he will have new items.

So do we know how Bungie is supplementing the Radiant Light buff? If they don't do anything that's a serious hit to rep farming.

Edit: I'm dumb "We've adjusted sources of XP and Reputation up to account for its absence."

Cheers, I have no issues grinding levels when the expac hits so i'd rather do that than spend all my currency at the moment.

I have 30 strange coins just now so I guess I could buy the hunter stuff he has but probably makes sense to save it for a couple of weeks when I assume he will have new items.
You'll have a whole year to get year 2 exotics. This may be your last chance at year 1 exotics before they at unobtainable. Crucible still power balances.

Waldini

Saint 14, so far, is a perfect PvE helm. If you have a good team in PvP (Trials or IB) you can Bubble the shit out of everyone though. Make it rain some Orbs!

... just a question. I assume that, when patch 2.0 drops ... Hawkmoon and other PS4 exclusives will be activated for XBONE?

GunnerZ

Saint 14, so far, is a perfect PvE helm. If you have a good team in PvP (Trials or IB) you can Bubble the shit out of everyone though. Make it rain some Orbs!

... just a question. I assume that, when patch 2.0 drops ... Hawkmoon and other PS4 exclusives will be activated for XBONE?
I think they will be on Xbox when the the DLC is actually active

Gordon

Available on the 15th, and freshly nerfed into obscurity :/

I swear somebody at sony is just sitting there like
Rti7Fuq.gif

Mandelbo

Well, I retract my earlier complaint because I can use my expansion 1 weapon just like any other weapon - so that's good! I wonder why they're marked as being from an expansion if you can just use them anyway? Is it just to make it easier to tell what's from an expansion and what isn't?

Pat_DC

Xur delivers for me! Going to grab each armour piece but pass on patience and time.
I wonder if Xur will sell the hawkmoon once it is no longer PS exclusive.

So, once the Wolves retreat, will there still be a way to get Treasure Keys? Since they're retiring the Exotic Wolf bounties and putting the weapons in the treasure chest, it'd be nice if I could actually get them.

Deku Tree

So, once the Wolves retreat, will there still be a way to get Treasure Keys? Since they're retiring the Exotic Wolf bounties and putting the weapons in the treasure chest, it'd be nice if I could actually get them.

Probably by opening the small PoE chests and RNG.

Do we need to have the bounty from Petra for the Silent Fang kills in The Grottos to count towards the grimoire? She doesn't have that bounty available and it's the only one I need :/ Will killing them there count anyway?

Maxed out my hunter with completed 5k bounties tonight. Will do my warlock tomorrow and Titan this weekend. So we turn these in after the 15th right or can we level up after 2.0 hits on the 8th?

Do we need to have the bounty from Petra for the Silent Fang kills in The Grottos to count towards the grimoire? She doesn't have that bounty available and it's the only one I need :/ Will killing them there count anyway?

Should be fine, be warned though the Silent Fang don't seem to spawn properly some times and I don't know if you need to kill the group for the grimoire.

Edit: Sooon

11375145_1460263047609483_58787473_n.jpg

Top Bottom