• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I like the lore stuff about the Fallen, how they were visited by the Traveler long ago and that's why they worship machines and want to invade human territory. It's too bad that information isn't presented in the game itself. I guess that kind of goes for all the interesting stuff on the recent "story so far" sites, though, like the Cabal force on Mars actually being a splinter group that fled from Oryx.

Pretty happy that Xur doesn't have what i'm looking for this weekend. I'm looking for the Alpha Lupi chest piece, so I guess I can save my coins until next time.

I like the lore stuff about the Fallen, how they were visited by the Traveler long ago and that's why they worship machines and want to invade human territory. It's too bad that information isn't presented in the game itself. I guess that kind of goes for all the interesting stuff on the recent "story so far" sites, though, like the Cabal force on Mars actually being a splinter group that fled from Oryx.

I'd like if it were more readily available to the players. It'd be nice to have a library of sorts, maybe near The Speaker.

darthbob

You should spend more time listening to Variks.

Tjamato88

Ugh I just found out that my coworker has to go to a meeting on the 15th so I have to be in the office to cover for him. I won't be playing TTK until late that night :cries:

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You should spend more time listening to Variks.

If you say so. I've played the story of HoW and done PoE runs, talked to him plenty of times to swap armor cores for stuff, and never once heard anything about the Fallen's history with the Traveler.

Deku Tree

So with all the recent clan talk, figured I'd mention that Yea Thats a Wipe is looking for a few solid PvPers. This is the first time I put the clan out to Gaf :) We're a small (6 man) tight group of friends that have met through here on Gaf. Most of you know us and we've played together.

All of us have full time jobs and families (responsibilities, ugh) but we get busy. We're usually online anywhere between 7-8pm EST on weekdays and random times during weekends. We're pretty hardcore and usually play till whenever we're done.

The reason why I specifically said PvP is because since we already have 6, it'd suck having someone on the team and no space for a Raid :(. Only a few of us are dedicated PvPers atm and wouldn't mind a few good men so we can make a full team. We'll occasionally sharpen are blades by matching up for some shweats.

If you're interested, feel free to Check out the link and dont be shy to join. At the end of the day, we're all just in this to have fun
except for MildSoss, he's our resident try hard :p

I've been hearing a lot about this clan... Is there an initiation ritual?

flkraven

Heck, I'd even accept an add on that would allow me to read grimoire in-game (like in orbit, etc).

zewone

LlbTxOE.png

I bought this, but I'm still worried about the asymmetrical analog sticks and the crappy L1&R1 buttons.

I guess I'll find out soon if it's for me or not.

Anoregon

What is Xur gonna sell next weekend, since that is after the 2.0 patch but before TTK launches? Level 40 exotics? Or will he just skip that weekend?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm an intern and can't take work off 😩 So I'll be working whilst others take the day off and level up. Since I'm at pst time I've formulated a plan. From 6:30pm to 1:30am I will be freezing myselfsleeping. when I awaken taken King shall be ready which I will promptly drink a redbull™ To prepare for. I'll play from 2 am until around 6:15, make breakfast and then go to work. My plan is solid, my resolve is strong. I shan't miss this amazing opportunity. Show
Me your level of dedication dgaf. I challenge you.

Vanethyr

Kinda wish I hadn't left Skolas until this late now... been at him for a couple of hours and there's no end in sight :\

It all falls apart during the last section with the mines and poison.

Trace

Banned
Kinda wish I hadn't left Skolas until this late now... been at him for a couple of hours and there's no end in sight :\

Skolas can be painful without everyone in your group being top notch.

jaaz

Our team just ran circles around the arena in a clockwise direction slowing down only to pass on the debuff and to take shots at Skolas along the way (with Ghorn and IB) before he and the adds got too close. It kept Skolas and the adds following us all the way. When a mine appeared, we all headed to the mine and passed the debuff there while simultaneously dismantling it.

It helped us that we had one bubble buddy titan and two sunbros, the former to pop a bubble under a mine that was too close to Skola/adds and the sunbros to resurrect if we screwed up.

Use this:
eE8driM.jpg

Some platitudes:

Take your time. Seriously. Don't even try to damage him if you're breathing hard. Do another rotation if you need to.

Don't damage Skolas if there are any adds on the field. Don't start mines until everyone has their super.

Take your time.

flkraven

I'm an intern and can't take work off 😩 So I'll be working whilst others take the day off and level up. Since I'm at pst time I've formulated a plan. From 6:30pm to 1:30am I will be freezing myselfsleeping. when I awaken taken King shall be ready which I will promptly drink a redbull™ To prepare for. I'll play from 2 am until around 6:15, make breakfast and then go to work. My plan is solid, my resolve is strong. I shan't miss this amazing opportunity. Show
Me your level of dedication dgaf. I challenge you.

Haven't previous expansions launched at 10AM PST?

LkPr

We nailed the mines last night... our strat was with a titan and 2 warlocks (however I bet a hunter would work better then a second warlock). The warlock with self rez available would take the essence and stay on the platform. The other one would run over to the opposite side of the map to get the far mine and the titan would run to the middle mine and drop a bubble. The warlock with the essence would die with it and then just self rez to take out the mine. The other two would take out their mines and then head back to the platform. It worked flawlessly

flkraven

Is anyone else worried about people being able to easily peak around corners in TTK (PVP)? If I have a sword as my heavy, won't I just be able to see around any corner I want by simply equipping it and jumping out to 3rd person?

X-Frame

Is anyone stocking up on Heavy Ammo?

How much do you have or do you think is a good amount to have? I have about 130 heavy ammo synths after a binge I did back in the winter time, after the Great Heavy Ammo Synth Drought.

GutZ31

Is anyone else worried about people being able to easily peak around corners in TTK (PVP)? If I have a sword as my heavy, won't I just be able to see around any corner I want by simply equipping it and jumping out to 3rd person?
You can already use point, dance, sit, or wave to do this.
A sword will only make it easier for less skilled players to take advantage of it.

What makes it any different than dancing/sitting/pointing/waving?

zewone

I also bought the 20th Anniversary PS1 Dual Shock 4 controller, but that'll stay in the box now that the Hori is coming.

I'm really curious about the sword for PvP in general.

flkraven

What makes it any different than dancing/sitting/pointing/waving?

Well it's a bit more fluid and easier to execute, and it can be done while moving. A little bit different the positioning an emote. It's not a massive change, but it will definitely be exploited in the arena I'm sure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I bought this, but I'm still worried about the asymmetrical analog sticks and the crappy L1&R1 buttons.

I guess I'll find out soon if it's for me or not.
Huh. What do you mean worried about the asymmetrical analog sticks? That was a primary selling point... I don't think I'd have had any interest in it if it was the standard ps controller layout. what did you want it for?
Didn't Drizzay say this picture is completely wrong?

That picture is 100% accurate.

So indeed we're coming up on the deadline and all that for Triumphs (though it was nice of them to push it back a lil). Imma try and spend as much of this weekend and next as possible helping people polish off their last ones, starting tonight after I knock out my Nightfalls. :)

Top Bottom