• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

TheOddOne

Got both of these about four sessions in.

naamloos1n0uwx.png
naamloosdtu16.png

They really want me to join the shotgun scumbag club, don't they?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Some guy just wrecked this control match I was in with TLW, got like 40 kills. Thankfully I was on his team. TLW on a skilled player is scary.

I have a Deathsingers CP on HM CE, if anyone wants a quick Crota kill and have a group ready.

zewone

Huh. What do you mean worried about the asymmetrical analog sticks? That was a primary selling point... I don't think I'd have had any interest in it if it was the standard ps controller layout. what did you want it for?

I hear the analog sticks are quality. That coupled with the target button and turbo (hello Praedyth's Timepiece) it should make for some interesting changes to my PVP game.

Some guy just wrecked this control match I was in with TLW, got like 40 kills. Thankfully I was on his team. TLW on a skilled player is scary.

I have a Deathsingers CP on HM CE, if anyone wants a quick Crota kill and have a group ready.

He probably had host too

GutZ31

sony customer service is complete garbage. i'm appalled at how inconvenient and unhelpful they are.
If I recall correctly, you canceled a transaction thru your bank or card holder?

It's really hard to prove you had no ill intent.

If that wasn't you, please detail what happened.

If I recall correctly, you canceled a transaction thru your bank or card holder?

It's really hard to prove you had no ill intent.

If that wasn't you, please detail what happened.

im passed that point but getting in contact with them now is like jumping through flaming hoops made out of coiled fermented deer shit

xPhinehas

sony customer service is complete garbage. i'm appalled at how inconvenient and unhelpful they are.

I've had great experiences with Sony customer service! Had two defective PS4 controllers, sent them in, and they sent me two brand new ones within 5 days!

Anastasis

Absolutely agree. They sent me around in circles for weeks when I was arguing that I qualified for $10 (or $15?) back on $100 purchase (the issue all came down to timezones in which no time zone was specified in the promotion). Finally made a support forum request detailing my plight plus a tweet to @AskPlaystation with a link to my forum post to finally have someone care enough to get it done.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My goal is to play as many PVP as I can. Need some salvage and skirmish wins. Also last week of trials so would like to get some of that in.

xPhinehas

Hey all I'm looking for a good DestinyGaf clan to join. Mostly because I want those PS4 trophies but also I'd like to be a member of an active community. Any suggestions?

I've had great experiences with Sony customer service! Had two defective PS4 controllers, sent them in, and they sent me two brand new ones within 5 days!

live chat is down and they had me on hold for half an hour.

Absolutely agree. They sent me around in circles for weeks when I was arguing that I qualified for $10 (or $15?) back on $100 purchase (the issue all came down to timezones in which no time zone was specified in the promotion). Finally made a support forum request detailing my plight plus a tweet to @AskPlaystation with a link to my forum post to finally have someone care enough to get it done.

I sent out like 30 tweets to @AskPlaystation last night. They replied at least a similar amount of times to questions about safe mode and password resetting - all of which is easily found on their website.

GutZ31

im passed that point but getting in contact with them now is like jumping through flaming hoops made out of coiled fermented deer shit
That's mainly because they have all the time in the world, and probably see you as a low priority.
There shouldn't be any haste on there part from a business standpoint to fix your issue.
This fucking sucks for customers, and I really wish more businesses took these kinds of issues serious, and addressed them much more quickly.

Basically, I would expect similar problems from other businesses, and find it stupid.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
He probably had host too
Most likely, it was cool to see the opposing team trying to kill him and then getting wrecked though.

Got both of these about four sessions in.

naamloos1n0uwx.png
naamloosdtu16.png

They really want me to join the shotgun scumbag club, don't they?
I have one equipped all the time on PvP it's great for close range encounters, I just don't go running around a map using it all the time. That's just not fun for me.

That's mainly because they have all the time in the world, and probably see you as a low priority.
There shouldn't be any haste on there part from a business standpoint to fix your issue.
This fucking sucks for customers, and I really wish more businesses took these kinds of issues serious, and addressed them much more quickly.

Basically, I would expect similar problems from other businesses, and find it stupid.

my issue can be fixed via live chat in 5 minutes....and it's been unavailable for days

live chat is down and they had me on hold for half an hour.

I sent out like 30 tweets to @AskPlaystation last night. They replied at least a similar amount of times to questions about safe mode and password resetting - all of which is easily found on their website.

I'm sure that's about all of the authority most CS reps have these days. Their resources are just an internal version of the public website.

Sony support was awful for me as well when I had to get my W600b replaced after its cpu fried. Was a hassle to get them to say they'd replace it and took weeks for them to even send the replacement.

phen0m24

Hey all I'm looking for a good DestinyGaf clan to join. Mostly because I want those PS4 trophies but also I'd like to be a member of an active community. Any suggestions?

see that post above yours? Kadey started the SEXY clan - Shoot First, Kiss Later

Our LFG board has quite the roster

So it's 65% confirmed?
Whether it's 65% or 75% or whatever is not really important. You don't really prep much for the transition from bonds to essence besides making sure you're close to the balcony. Definitely not to the point that you have to manage the damage you deal to Skolas, you just unload until those bonds are broken.

The real important ones that are 100% accurate is first mines at 50% and seconds mines at 25%.

taco543

Lol gawd damn at that analogy!

But on topic that sucks dude, I hate calling customer service for anything cos I used to work in a call center for Verizon and a lot of the time the csrs can't do much, and yet they take all the yelling. A lot of the time too managers will refuse to help csrs who ask for help too often even if its out of their control so the csr is then forced to try and deal with it. I'm not trying to defend how theyre treating you but it does suck calling them so I try to avoid it as often as possible. But sometimes you just gotta call em. Good luck man.

welp, a good samaritan lurking this thread DMed me on twitter and got the issue resolved for me directly.

the universe is too kind sometimes.

Lol gawd damn at that analogy!

But on topic that sucks dude, I hate calling customer service for anything cos I used to work in a call center for Verizon and a lot of the time the csrs can't do much, and yet they take all the yelling. A lot of the time too managers will refuse to help csrs who ask for help too often even if its out of their control so the csr is then forced to try and deal with it. I'm not trying to defend how theyre treating you but it does suck calling them so I try to avoid it as often as possible. But sometimes you just gotta call em. Good luck man.

Dealing with information over phones is a hassle. I'm running out of military code names and animals that start with Z

taco543

welp, a good samaritan lurking this thread DMed me on twitter and got the issue resolved for me directly.

Dealing with phones is a hassle. I'm running out of military code names.
Well good shit good news man.

Langy

looking for one for a trials run, this is the only map i've ever been to mercury on and would love to again, but just really want a run on it. psn is Langoit

edit: nevermind full now

I'm so hyped for TTK and 2.0.. Not so much the raid but more so all the new changes with coming with it. While I think the Taken are kind of a cop out on adding a new enemy faction everything else looks really really good.

Sadly my free time seems to be dwindling. I just want to drop out and go pro.

phen0m24

OK Ok OK.

Question D-GURU-GAF.

Want to max the St 14 in an attempt to do Skolas. On XB1 GULP

So I'm reading about the 7,500 XP glitch trick thing. Does that have to be done on Eris quests? What's the deal with that?

Is it similar to how we farm the cipher points in PoE?

Get to boss in high XP encounter, kill boss and immediately shoot a rocket at nearest wall?

JPF1ias.png

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm so hyped for TTK and 2.0.. Not so much the raid but more so all the new changes with coming with it. While I think the Taken are kind of a cop out on adding a new enemy faction everything else looks really really good.

Sadly my free time seems to be dwindling. I just want to drop out and go pro.
How're you not excited for the raid and new mechanics no one has seen before? Haha I remember when CE came out and my clan and I got to the bridge and we were all like "???" On what to do. Then I remember how we figured it out little by little and felt accomplished in doing it
only to find out many other teams figured it out too =P
. Cannot wait to experience that again in two weeks.

OK Ok OK.

Question D-GURU-GAF.

Want to max the St 14 in an attempt to do Skolas. On XB1 GULP

So I'm reading about the 7,500 XP glitch trick thing. Does that have to be done on Eris quests? What's the deal with that?

Is it similar to how we farm the cipher points in PoE?

Get to boss in high XP encounter, kill boss and immediately shoot a rocket at nearest wall?

JPF1ias.png

Nope. :)

Get the bounty
Start loading in
Delete the bounty whilst still loading
Complete the mission and get the xp
Bounty completion is not triggered so you can pick it up and repeat the process.

todd360

Dealing with information over phones is a hassle. I'm running out of military code names and animals that start with Z

Lolololol zoba was causing a social media storm and they fixed his issue.

R0ckman

How're you not excited for the raid and new mechanics no one has seen before? Haha I remember when CE came out and my clan and I got to the bridge and we were all like "???" On what to do. Then I remember how we figured it out little by little and felt accomplished in doing it
only to find out many other teams figured it out too =P
. Cannot wait to experience that again in two weeks.

I remember I had actually figured out how to get everyone across fairly quickly, I think the bridge crossing concept is actually based on some kind of classic problem solving narrative. The group I was with didn't really listen to me though, so we spent an extra hour and a half wiping...

Top Bottom