• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

gossi

Anybody fancy doing Vault of Glass with me on Xbox One? I've never played it before, completely blind. Level 26. Gamertag GossiTheDog.

Oh man this exotic bounty is killing me. Killing Guardians with Void damage isn't so bad, but I lose more points from dying than I gain from a kill. On the plus side I feel like I'm getting better with sniper rifles/fusion rifles haha.

Just wait till Tuesday. It will auto complete and thorn will be yours.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This boost we can do in TTK for a new character. Does it unlock all the perks in the subclass or we still got to do that? Like to jump right in with a Voidwalker Warlock.

Oh man this exotic bounty is killing me. Killing Guardians with Void damage isn't so bad, but I lose more points from dying than I gain from a kill. On the plus side I feel like I'm getting better with sniper rifles/fusion rifles haha.

Just keep at it dude it will come. I managed to complete last Sunday in Iron Banner within 2 hours even though I barely touched PVP.

I found using a shotgun and sniper to be best depending on the map. On Patheon I'd camp near the ammo drop to C side in Control. The amount of people coming from A to B would be loads and you could easily pick off 15-20 guys amatch and only die a few times if snipers returned the favour. Same with other maps like The Anomaly or The Cauldron. Find a good place to hide out and wait for people to take Control usually of the middle point or if you can due to the tight areas a shotgun is really handy.

Look at this way. You get 5 points a kill and lose 2 for a death so if you manage to get like 3 kills then die thats still 13 points. If you can have a K/D ratio of 1 or above you will fly through it. One match last week I got 24 kills and 6 deaths. This made me get like 100+ points and the final few matches I could similar scores and my bounty was completed real quick. You will get some matches were you will struggle.

What I did was mark down my bounty score before going into a match and if I was getting a good amount of kills I'd stay but soon as I noticed my score would drop below the number I joined with I would leave because more cases than none it will just get worse in that match.

Yeah it's part of the 2.0 update. All exotic bounties will auto complete. It's to stop people holding them till ttk comes out and getting the year 2 version

Why did I not know this last week lol. Grinding out 2 bounties for Thorn and Juju. :(

Kyoufu

What's the actual max on grimoire score? I keep seeing that it's 3665 on PS4, but with Wolf grimoires no longer being available after 2.0 (or TTK or whatever) I decided to get them out of the way, however upon checking my score on Destiny Tracker it says:

The Doubles card is bugged so even if I got all of them, I'd have 3660 instead of 3665.

Don't know about Destiny Status's calculation though.

What's the actual max on grimoire score? I keep seeing that it's 3665 on PS4, but with Wolf grimoires no longer being available after 2.0 (or TTK or whatever) I decided to get them out of the way, however upon checking my score on Destiny Tracker it says

On emblem in game, says 3665, on Bungie site it says 3660 with only one card missing which is Fate of All Fools.

Namikaze1

What's the actual max on grimoire score? I keep seeing that it's 3665 on PS4, but with Wolf grimoires no longer being available after 2.0 (or TTK or whatever) I decided to get them out of the way, however upon checking my score on Destiny Tracker it says:

BYNSnO8.png

which only adds up to 3660.

And on Destiny Status the max says:

dmWH7Qf.png

I'm in no rush to get to max or anything, but what's up with that?
The max on PS is 3665 due to 5 points from Timekeeper, PS's HoW exclusive crucible map. The max for Xbox is 3660. There was another gaffer who hit max grimoire on PS and it showed on Destiny Tracker he was at 3660 while in-game he was at 3665. DestinyTracker for some reason does not include the extra 5 points PS folks get from playing on Timekeeper.

Kyoufu

The max on PS is 3665 due to 5 points from Timekeeper, PS's HoW exclusive crucible map. The max for Xbox is 3660. There was another gaffer who hit max grimoire on PS and it showed on Destiny Tracker he was at 3660 while in-game he was at 3665. DestinyTracker for some reason does not include the extra 5 points PS folks get from playing on Timekeeper.

The max score for Xbox is 3620 :p

Deku Tree

Don't think so.

Max Grimoire PS 3665
Max Grimoire XB 3620

Ned at max Grimoire on XB http://destinystatus.com/xbl/Revolver Ned

Reddit thread about max Grimoire
https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3dhcal/xbox_max_grimoire_score/

Namikaze1

The max score for Xbox is 3620 :p
Yeah, I forgot to take out the points from the exclusive exotic weapons. It's early in the morning for me. I just woke up! Give me a break please! T.T

Don't know why Dust Palace, Exodus Blue, and Undying Mind don't give points though.

Kyoufu

Yeah, I forgot to take out the points from the exclusive exotic weapons. It's early in the morning for me. I just woke up! Give me a break please! T.T

I don't think the weapons give grimoire scores. I believe it's the exclusive Strikes and Crucible maps that contribute to the extra score.

Deku Tree

Exotic weapons don't give Grimoire points. It's things like the exclusive enemy types, the exclusive strikes, and the exclusive PvP maps.

Namikaze1

I don't think the weapons don't give grimoire scores. I believe it's the exclusive Strikes and Crucible maps that contribute to the extra score.
Nope. Checked them yesterday for Kor and Ocean. On Bungie.net, Exodus Blue, Dust Palace, and Undying Mind don't have any points to them while Timekeeper does.

Deku Tree

Nope. Checked them yesterday for Kor and Ocean. On Bungie.net, Exodus Blue, Dust Palace, and Undying Mind don't have any points to them while Timekeeper does.

Siege dancers give 15 Grimoire IIRC.

Edit: PS exclusive cards pre-HoW, probably just add time keeper to this for points... The enemy types give Grimoire points.

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...okenunobtainable_grimoire_cards_ps_exclusive/

Playstation Exclusive Cards:
Sorry Xbox players, we're not just missing content, but cards, too.

Card Category Subcategory Note
Monte Carlo Inventory Primary Weapons Gun (and thus grimore) will be made available to Xbox users Sept. 15th, 2015
Hakwmoon Inventory Primary Weapons Gun (and thus grimore) will be made available to Xbox users Sept. 15th, 2015
The 4th Horseman Inventory Special Weapons Gun (and thus grimore) will be made available to Xbox users Sept. 15th, 2015
The Undying Mind Enemies Vex Axis Minds This one is for the entity. Strike (and thus grimore) will be made available to Xbox users Sept. 15th, 2015
Siege Dancers Enemies Cabal It's funny, Xbox players encounter the Siege Dancers too, but you only get the card for beating the Dust Palace strike. Strike (and thus grimore) will be made available to Xbox users Sept. 15th, 2015
Psion Flayers Enemies Cabal Command Strike (and thus grimore) will be made available to Xbox users Sept. 15th, 2015
Dust Palace Activities Strikes Strike (and thus grimore) will be made available to Xbox users Sept. 15th, 2015
The Undying Mind Activities Strikes Undying Mind 2: Strike Boogaloo. Strike (and thus grimore) will be made available to Xbox users Sept. 15th, 2015
Exodus Blue Activities Crucible Arenas Arena (and thus grimore) will be made available to Xbox users Sept. 15th, 2015
Once again, please let me know if I've missed any.

Namikaze1

efgxrd2.jpg

"Hey Nami, how can I get in on this?"

It's simple, just PM me a pic of your emblem. Make sure it has you PSN ID / Gamertag on it.

"It looks like you're running out of room there. Will I actually get on it?"

Yes. I plan to expand the canvas to include as many as I can. That pic is also several hours old.

"it's small."

It'll be much bigger. Trust me.

"So how long do I have to give you a screenshot of my emblem?"

You have till September 6. After that, I am taking no more in.

You all have less than 16 hours to give me your emblems. I won't be taking any more once it hits midnight for me (EST)

nOoblet16

What's up people ? I'm back, been busy wrapping up MGS5. Only thing that remains now is S ranking things, will get back to it once MGO is online.

But I'm back to Destiny now, gotta play TLW for the last two days before the new patch.

Raybunny

What's up people ? I'm back, been busy wrapping up MGS5. Only thing that remains now is S ranking things, will get back to it once MGO is online.

But I'm back to Destiny now, gotta play TLW for the last two days before the new patch.

Hey Nooblet. If you want We can do the crucible bounties. I will start doing them in 30mins +/-. ( after 2 public events)

Ambitious

Sorry guys, I had no idea the difference between 34 and 31 was so huge:(

Yeah, I was about to send you a message to ask you whether you forgot to switch your gear. But don't worry, we're gonna do this and you're gonna get a nice level boost out of it.

edit: Oh, you don't get an Armor Core for PoE 34. Well, you should be able to hit at least level 32 with the Etheric Light.

Deku Tree

PS Exclusive Grimoire points: total 45 pts

Monte Carlo 0

Hakwmoon 0

The 4th Horseman 0

The Undying Mind (boss) 15 pts

Siege Dancers 10 pts

Psion Flayers (boss) 15 pts

Dust Palace strike 0

The Undying Mind strike 0

Exodus Blue 0

Timekeeper. 5 pts

(Needs confirmation.)

Namikaze1

But... That's unfair!
I'm still in china and can't access my char ;_;
Send me your PSN ID / GT via PM. I'll get your emblem from DestinyDB. Also, tell me which class you main. Taking it from DestinyDB will have the class type where the clan name would be. I don't want to pick a class you're not fond of. :)

Jeez them Eris bounties are painfully long 1 down 2 to go. Problem is I forgot to get the Urn from Xur so will have to do the other 2 next week, if they're still there post 2.0

Then unlimited XP is mine

MrMuscle

Finally got my Hopscotch last night. Ive rolled it with third eye, braced frame and reactive reload. Will be fun to try it out this coming week.

On a side note, does anyone know where i can check how many Dragon strikes ive done to get it?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last game. 9.0 KD.

Thanks Ejay and Ika.

Axion bolt tracking enemies. I threw one and it killed the enemy like 20 secs later.

Top Bottom