• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Juraash

Just gonna post a tl:dr since we're a couple pages off my last request.

Garbage at crucible, need wins, have mic. Looking for some help :)

xPhinehas

So I'm booting up Destiny after 9 months out of the game. Any suggestions where I should start? Installing House of Wolves as we speak. And I think my highest level character is a 24 Hunter.

so in order to get a vendor package on 9/15, I just need to have that vendor ranked up to 2.9 basically, is that correct? Then I can turn in a bounty or whatever and it'll roll to rank 3 which will give me a package?

Kyoufu

so in order to get a vendor package on 9/15, I just need to have that vendor ranked up to 2.9 basically, is that correct? Then I can turn in a bounty or whatever and it'll roll to rank 3 which will give me a package?

Yeah, assuming reputation carries over from where it left off and not just the rank.

Yes. I'd recommend focusing on Vanguard, crucible, and one faction. On the 15th do some PvP and a couple strikes to push the first two over the edge and then pledge to the Faction and turn in some bounties. Boom 3 legendaries

I FINALLY GOT A DEAD ORBIT SHADER

IM CRYING TEARS OF JOY

tumblr_n42ph4ar0S1rc7zl1o8_400.gif

sjay1994

I just realized I assigned my characters based on the race of the represenative unintentionally.

Human hunter = NM
Awoken Warlock= DO
Exo Titan= FWC

todd360

How is the Blink nerf going to work?

They are probably going to ruin it. I feel like the best solution would be to lock blink when you have shotgun in your hands and only have that apply to pvp. I think blink is fine as is. Its only uber powerful when your coming out of the jump with a shotgun that can one shot from like 12 feet away.

SnakeEyes

Banned
This is sarcasm? Bittersteel and The Hanged Man are both awesome.
Nope, serious business.
I have both and they're meh. I want white in my shader? I use the Iron Banner ones. I want a dark shader? I use Thunderdevil.

REVENANT IS LOVE, REVENANT IS LIFE! Thank christ for the changes to package rewards that remove stuff you already have.
Revenant is the White Whale, confirmed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One charge instead of two?

They haven't said yet. I would imagine less invincibility frames and maybe a slower travel speed.

And since that GI Podcast confirmed that there's a Year 2 Monte Carlo...

dayum-1.gif

Hasn't been explained yet, but I'm expecting either a reset timer or some such.
those solutions would make me very sad. blink is deceptively incredible in PvE. It should just give you a 400% accuracy debuff coming out of it or something.

Nope, serious business.
I have both and they're meh. I want white in my shader? I use the Iron Banner ones. I want a dark shader? I use Thunderdevil.

REVENANT IS LOVE, REVENANT IS LIFE! Thank christ for the changes to package rewards that remove stuff you already have.
Revenant is the White Whale, confirmed.
i won't rub the fact that i have 2 of them if you come and join me in some weeklies...
eh, who am i kidding, i'll prolly rub it in anyways, regardless.

are there supposed to be new faction shaders?

im not sure how many variations of black/white there can really be though now i think on it

SnakeEyes

Banned
those solutions would make me very sad. blink is deceptively incredible in PvE. It should just give you a 400% accuracy debuff coming out of it or something.
There's been no explanation of what the details on the Blink nerf will entail yet, but I for one am just glad that it's being looked at.

I really hope they don't remove the current ones though, really want the Visible Hand still.

Though the new one looks pretty sick

CLwBsGvVEAEg4hu.jpg
Faction ships are Pokemon - I wanna catch 'em all!

i won't rub the fact that i have 2 of them if you come and join me in some weeklies...
eh, who am i kidding, i'll prolly rub it in anyways, regardless.
I absolutely would... if I wasn't doing all this posting from work :'(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

You've had more luck with it than me then :/ The AI can track along the Blink path where as they're thrown by even the slightest changes of direction in other movement modes.

Been hobgoblin sniped more times than I can count

So I'm booting up Destiny after 9 months out of the game. Any suggestions where I should start? Installing House of Wolves as we speak. And I think my highest level character is a 24 Hunter.

Probably best to start with the story missions, and also keep doing bounties to get your vendor reputation ranked up so you can buy Light 36 armor with Marks. It depends if you like PvE and/or PvP. Once you level up a bit more you could start doing raids (Lv26 for Normal Vault of Glass, Lv30 for Hard VoG and Normal Crota's End, Lv32 for Hard Crota's End) and hopefully get some armor drops there. Once you hit Lv30+ you could do a Nightfall especially if someone around here is able to help. If you have strange coins you could also buy an exotic armor piece from Xur who is available until 5am EST Sunday. If you need coins you could do the Weekly Heroic strike.

Anyway, hope this helps. There's so much stuff you can do sometimes it's hard to give advice for these types of questions, haha.

SnakeEyes

Banned
you're working on saturday, Kurt? that sucks D:
The joys of working Tuesday - Saturday. Ehh, it's not that bad; Saturdays are usually somewhat quiet and it gives me time to watch TV shows/movies/podcasts and post horrendously on GAF :)

Most of the time, it's dealing with idiots who don't know how to Technology...

Even though it seems DO got shafted with their new one.
Tradeoff for having the best ship in year 1 ~_~

Anastasis

Do Monte Carlo and Hard Light drop from Gorgons? I don't know why I visit there anymore if not. It's been so long since I've seen an exotic drop for anyone!

Top Bottom