• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

eFKac

Just got home. Anyone on? I'm looking to do either a raid for the first time preferably VoG so I can get some of those exotics or Trials for the first time or just run some IB.

PSN is TJ_Electronica

I'm interested in VoG (would also be my first time) in like 20 minutes, will send you a friend request.

Anyone else?

oh man!
thanks again to you, Wicked, and Rubenov for the run! running into nghtly is def bad luck
FarNorthLegend lives in New Zealand, so yeah, there a bit of latency there. :/

Np man! We had a nice easy run but then it was downhill from there, haha. Legend also has bad internet which is why he doesn't stream, not just geography although that's bad too of course.

How is leveling up in PVP? Slower? Will I lack gear trying that route?

As fast or faster from what I've heard. You won't get any Legendary armor but I bet you'll get a fair amount of Legendary weapons since they increased the drop rate via patch awhile back. Make sure to do the bounties and get your Crucible faction rep up so you can buy Legendary armor once you hit rank 2.

Edit: legendary weapons start dropping once you hit Lv20.

deafmedal

Thanks for the IB Train GAF. Tons of fun and I had some pretty decent matches toward the end of it. #TeamSEXY

Yeah good games, you and lnkn were consistently tearing shit up! But did you really have to post that pic of one of my super shitty matches?! :mad: *embarrass face* ;P

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wish the game looked as good as I am recording it now. I can record in blu ray quality and it makes the game look way better it really is. It adds AA and all that junk. Much cleaner and more detailed look.

Yeah, it's very nice that you can just play it safe and smart. Had a dicey moment where everyone died, but I self-res'd and hid until I could save people.

Yeah, I'd gotten one from 34 before, so that's probably it.

Thanks, good to know. I'd been telling the first timers that a Cipher was a guaranteed drop so I didn't want to be a liar :p

jadedm17

I just got put into a crucible match 6 vs 4.
(And no, they had a team of 4 and two randoms.)
I hate this game so much sometimes.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
I don't mind. Everyone got till September 6 to give me their emblems.

Thanks, Sent you a pm ^^

Thanks, good to know. I'd been telling the first timers that a Cipher was a guaranteed drop so I didn't want to be a liar :p

Yep, That reminds me of when I first beat skolas a couple of weeks ago (Thanks again DGAF!). Upon opening the loot chest I realized I didn't get a notification about the elder cipher so I then checked my inventory and noticed my bounties were full so I got a bit worried that I may have missed out. After heading to the reef to hand in the cores to variks and... What a relief it was to see he had the elder cipher saved for when I opened the menu.

Moral of the story: be sure to check with variks if you don't get the elder cipher after completing the poe 35 for the first time ^^.

Lots of 8-1 runs today but fun and good runs all around. Unfortunately every time the streak was broken it was by a team of blink shotgunners that rushed like crazy. I take solace in the fact that I will still be able to snipe after 2.0 as opposed to them who will have to reevaluate their strategy.

On another note; I feel like lighting grenades are really finicky in how they stick to walls, especially when compared to Trip-mine grenades which always seem to hit at 90 degree angles.

Raybunny

Lots of 8-1 runs today but fun and good runs all around. Unfortunately every time the streak was broken it was by a team of blink shotgunners that rushed like crazy. I take solace in the fact that I will still be able to snipe after 2.0 as opposed to them who will have to reevaluate their strategy.

On another note; I feel like lighting grenades are really finicky in how they stick to walls, especially when compared to Trip-mine grenades which always seem to hit at 90 degree angles.

Hey, those grenades at 61.5 degrees towards the floor are meant to be.

Needs more bunnies.

Aynone up for skirmish?

Those wallpapers remind me. Whatever happened to Seven Seraphs? Were they ever going to be in the game? Is there any mention of them in the lore? I'd like to see them added in with the Taken king.

Probably preaching to the converted but i've learnt not take the fight to them, whenever we were faced with aggressive teams we just headed A side to snipe across if inside or up if outside, trading with them is too high risk

In fact thats what I've improved the most with my game, not to get into stupid trades, that and rediscovering Hawkmoon, man it's so smooth and 168 crits are popping regularly

taimoorh

The whole of last week spent very patiently gathering marks and earning Vanguard reputation; and the occasional Strange Coins on the side without paying much attention.

Played 2.5 hours yesterday. Stumbled onto Xur, bought 1st Exotic. Two bounties later I had 2 Legendaries.

Level 25 to 31 in 2.5 hours :')

I bet it's much easier now compared to what you guys had to do early on before HoW dropped.

Still haven't done a raid though :( Anybody up like right now for normal VOG on XB1?

i played way too much iron banner getting to rank 3 tonight.

should i use my energies on gear now? or would it be better to wait until after taken king? i'm still just base game destiny only so i haven't wrapped my head around what they're good for other than just upping things to the highest year one stats.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So I just got around to re-rolling on the Hopscotch Pilgrim I picked up (after 50+ strikes, not even kidding) and I'm wondering if I lucked out with just my 2nd spin with it

Got Third Eye, Flared Magwell/Lightweight/Smallbore, and Hidden Hand - all of the sights have a degree of aim assist as well. Full cheese here.

I'm kinda wondering is this is the kind of Pulse Rifle that NEEDS maxed stability though. Not really sure if I should count this is a miracle or not. Smallbore is a decent boost to stability, but not sure about the sacrifice to reload speed and all that either.

The whole of last week spent very patiently gathering marks and earning Vanguard reputation; and the occasional Strange Coins on the side without paying much attention.

Played 2.5 hours yesterday. Stumbled onto Xur, bought 1st Exotic. Two bounties later I had 2 Legendaries.

Level 25 to 31 in 2.5 hours :')

I bet it's much easier now compared to what you guys had to do early on before HoW dropped.

Still haven't done a raid though :( Anybody up like right now for normal VOG on XB1?

It really is WAY faster and easier than vanilla days. What's also way faster are alts! With 1 armor core transferred and 13 strange coins / buy exotic from Xur for Alt, the alt literally goes from 20 to 26 with just those 2 pieces.

Even in your position, whenever you make a jump from 20 all the way to 30 something, the light level Blue gear that drops from PvP goes higher and higher, up to L26-28. After a good hour of PvP your alt typically gets from 26 to 30.

But yea, xbox dgaf are pretty much offline. You should join https://www.the100.io/groups/1658
and you can create scheduled games that people can join. You can easily join in on a hard VoG too.

My fireteam is so rusty. 4 hour run and couldn't beat Crota on hard. We were down a man and had a 32 and 30 but damn we were so close so many times and was legit robbed by Crota only kneeling for like 1 second on the last effing sword.

Was fun showing a new friend the raid for the first time.

I sure hope the year 1 ToO gear won't be unobtainable in year 2. I don't have any of it except for the Watcher's Vest.

Or why not say you hope it will be obtainable? Haha but yea, I'm pretty sure it'll be 1 of 3 things:

1) Old gear, new light values.
2) New gear, new light values.
3) Combo

My bets are on 2 but I'm really hoping it's a combination, both gear with all new values. It's too cool to part from.

milkham

So I just got around to re-rolling on the Hopscotch Pilgrim I picked up (after 50+ strikes, not even kidding) and I'm wondering if I lucked out with just my 2nd spin with it

Got Third Eye, Flared Magwell/Lightweight/Smallbore, and Hidden Hand - all of the sights have a degree of aim assist as well. Full cheese here.

I'm kinda wondering is this is the kind of Pulse Rifle that NEEDS maxed stability though. Not really sure if I should count this is a miracle or not. Smallbore is a decent boost to stability, but not sure about the sacrifice to reload speed and all that either.

reloading isn't much of a problem, usually i'm hopscotching them from quite far away.
I have spray and play on mine but rarely use it

eE5E1gg.png

destinydb

I wanted to keep rolling but so low on weapon parts

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
reloading isn't much of a problem, usually i'm hopscotching them from quite far away.
I have spray and play on mine but rarely use it

eE5E1gg.png

destinydb

I wanted to keep rolling but so low on weapon parts

Thanks, I think I'll go with it. I'm tempted to go for the feeding frenzy with reactive reload combo but eh

I don't feel like pulling my hair out tonight

Nuszka

Morning dgaf. Had to bail on any trials last night, busy yesterday and today in work.
Weird thing is that for some reason i can't get enough of the game, i usually got a bit burned out before release of new stuff, but now... I will not even get MGS just for the fact that i am leaving in a week on vacation and playing Kojimas game for 4 days will not do it justice. I know for a fact that on 15th everything will be put on hold.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Except what your describing and what he's describing aren't remotely the same. I don't believe limiting teammate revival is traditional artificial difficulty at all. I wasn't saying artificial difficulty was Necessarily a good thing. I was saying limiting teammate respawning is not a bad thing or lazy development. It changes the way people play the game (I.e. Being less reckless and more team oriented).
It depends on what's going on. If it's a badly designed boss that 1HK you with splash damage then the revive timer is BS forcing the rest of the group to stop progressing and force them to hide for 30 to try and get their teammate back up

It depends on what's going on. If it's a badly designed boss that 1HK you with splash damage then the revive timer is BS forcing the rest of the group to stop progressing and force them to hide for 30 to try and get their teammate back up

There should be nothing that can OHKO in the PVE game (excluding game mechanics like oracles etc). It just encourages cheese.

Fun fact about Hopscotch:

Friend came back to Destiny after a while.
Finished HoW "campaign" yesterday, played his first Vanguard Dragon
...first drop? Hopscotch of course. LOL. Based RNGesus. :D

Raybunny

I could do some in a bit if you're still looking. Grinding those Grimoire wins?

Yes indeed :)

Switched to jumper yesterday. Did trials with Rub and Wicked. Oh man... got carried like a boss using that scheme and snipes. I need a few more hours with it. ( months!)

Top Bottom