• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

R0ckman

Destiny haters are running out of things to complain about. Bungie will most likely add matchmaking to Raids and Nightfalls before the year ends. If the new Story is an improvement, the only thing anyone will be able to realistically bash the game for are the original strikes and the lag.

I really think its a waste of time for bungie to add MM to raids and Nightfalls. The average person will NOT stick around for these things. DGAF has seriously spoiled me with gamers who will stick around for 2 or more hours. Playing with randoms will cause people to bail after maybe 2 wipes, hell I was doing a heroic yesterday and the guy left because he died more than me and my friend, another guy entered the heroic in the last 2 minutes and left before it ended.

They would have to develop the MM feature to allow randos to quickly and more easily fall into empty slots than they do now at the least. The average person these days will not stick around unless things are 100% smooth.

ocean

Banned
I am confused about Taken King expansion.

I paid for and have original launch Destiny, no expansions packs

I like in the UK. I have a current PS+ sub.

Whats my minimum cost so that I can play the taken king. The options I am seeing seem to need me to rebuy what I already have which cant be right, can it ?
Taken King can only be purchased individually if you own both the previous expansions.

If you don't own The Dark Below and House of Wolves, you could either buy them both individually and then but TTK. An alternative - cheaper or at worst, same price - is buying the Legendary edition. This has everything, including the base game.

I really think its a waste of time for bungie to add MM to raids and Nightfalls. The average person will NOT stick around for these things. DGAF has seriously spoiled me with gamers who will stick around for 2 or more hours. Playing with randoms will cause people to bail after maybe 2 wipes, hell I was doing a heroic yesterday and the guy left because he died more than me and my friend, another guy entered the heroic in the last 2 minutes and left before it ended.

They would have to develop the MM feature to allow randos to quickly and more easily fall into empty slots than they do now at the least. The average person these days will not stick around unless things are 100% smooth.

I think it's a waste too, however the raids are old and all the strategies are known at this point. If they manage to find a matchmaking system that works for them, they absolutely should. Let the average person rage about it.

Namikaze1

Anyone wants to team up and do a Weekly or two? Did one yesterday with randoms and while not as bad as some other times, only two of us were dps'ing the Nexus boss. Our third was down below dead. The guy helping me with the boss rarely ever turned to help me deal with the Axis Minotaur that spawns at the back every 15 seconds.

Tecnniqe

Banned
That Notch thread is really something else. Sometimes I expect too much of Gaf.

Sucks that the GI coverage is over.

Ive not seen that thread, not sure i should read it.

Gonna miss waiting for GI for days
not really
Soon we can experience TTK, few more days
or weeks

Anyone wants to team up and do a Weekly or two? Did one yesterday with randoms and while not as bad as some other times, only two of us were dps'ing the Nexus boss. Our third was down below dead. The guy helping me with the boss rarely ever turned to help me deal with the Axis Minotaur that spawns at the back every 15 seconds.

I still need to do 1 more

E92 M3

Just played a guy with 3.0 K/D and he was absolutely the worst scum in this game. Red bar, Ram, Sunsinger, Superburn grenades, emptying his magazine for his final round and switching weapons for the Thorn final round glitch. I hope he burns in hell.

A bit harsh there?

A bit harsh there?

Not really, he kept on messaging as well about how his sniper is glitched and has two final rounds. Only thing is that you could hear empty his mag and see him switching weapons for the Thorn glitch. Scum like that doesn't belong in the game.

kiguel182

Man, Bungie not updating POE for TTK feels like a waste. I actually enjoy that mode and it would be great if they could create some additional tiers for it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Man, Bungie not updating POE for TTK feels like a waste. I actually enjoy that mode and it would be great if they could create some additional tiers for it.

Would be cooler if they made an actual Horde Mode much like ToO style. See how many waves you survive which gives X packages for X waves survived. In the style of ODST or GoW3 and put some Rep in there as well for a faction

E92 M3

Not really, he kept on messaging as well about how his sniper is glitched and has two final rounds. Only thing is that you could hear empty his mag and see him switching weapons for the Thorn glitch. Scum like that doesn't belong in the game.

Yeah, he ruins the fun, but you said "burn in hell" lol.

It's all good.

kiguel182

Would be cooler if they made an actual Horde Mode much like ToO style. See how many waves you survive which gives X packages for X waves survived

They already have the base for that with POE but yeah, do something with that content.

The 29 version is a cool way to relax and play the game and the other versions are good co-op experiences. Shame they don't build on it too.

Kyoufu

I'm happy they're focusing on new content rather than old. Besides, I'd rather not do PoE ever again.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't know if I'll ever bother with Trials, sounds like something that would drive me insane.

EL CUCO

I had forgotten how cool it feels to level up through progression. This game has a ton of satisfying audio and visual effects.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm happy they're focusing on new content rather than old. Besides, I'd rather not do PoE ever again.

PoE is boring but i cant even remotely recall how many hours i spent on ODST and GoW3 horde modes. I love those modes, and Destiny have the basics to do it as a improved PoE.

kiguel182

Sure but they talk about a lot about choice and POE was a different way to to end-level and it was a different type of content.

Focusing all the end game content one just one raid seems to go against some of the things they've talked about. I like diversity more than just one end-game activity.

Would be cooler if they made an actual Horde Mode much like ToO style. See how many waves you survive which gives X packages for X waves survived. In the style of ODST or GoW3 and put some Rep in there as well for a faction

Yep. It sounds like Court of Oryx might be a nice middle ground though.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yep. It sounds like Court of Oryx might be a nice middle ground though.

Trial of Oryx get!
Lag makes me sad :(

image.php

Sure but they talk about a lot about choice and POE was a different way to to end-level and it was a different type of content.

Focusing all the end game content one just one raid seems to go against some of the things they've talked about. I like diversity more than just one end-game activity.

Which is why I am happy that strike design has been getting so much attention

Taken King is a step in the right direction in so many ways

ich00

Morning DGaf! Happy Saturday!

Sorry to whoever I was supposed to raid with last night, I was asleep waaaay to early. I have a lot of catching up to do tonight...

taimoorh

Noob question: With Rank 2 unlocked for vanguard, and having access to all Legendaries, is there any point to doing Bounties any more?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Noob question: With Rank 2 unlocked for vanguard, and having access to all Legendaries, is there any point to doing Bounties any more?

Get 1 up to Rank 3 Vanguard. Bounty gives EXP and Rep to whichever faction you have class item equipped for so bounty level other factions besides Vanguard or Crucible

ich00

I think you unlock more at lvl 3. Also if you equip a class item from one of the other factions (dead orbit, new monarchy, future war cult) you can rank those up to unlock more gear.

Top Bottom