• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

had my ps4 setup for auto downloads.. in rest mode

had my wife check and my PS4 auto updated drive club but Destiny needed me to press X

wtf

4 hours to go.

III-V

Thanks for nothing rest mode plus auto-download. ALL DAY NOTHING NOT EVEN STARTED

EDIT: Just did speed test I am getting 85/85 and I have 9 hours left on DL wtf

Anyone have a better way to DL this thing on PSN? Someone mentioned Google DNS.

Loris146

Just got home from work and my rest mode PS4 didn't download the update. It's downloading now with 20 hours to go. I have 150 down internet. Thanks PSN.

MzsBVzq.gif

Try to pause and restart the download. It worked for me.

Lee

My plan to trick Bungie failed. I only play with one character but with all the talk about auto-levelling up based on your best gear I figured I would start a Titan and Warlock and throw some exotics at them and hope they got boosted to 20-whatever.

Nope, still at level 2 and 3, respectively. Oh well. They're making pro-single-character-player changes anyway so no stress.

Shito

Just got home. Started downloading the update.

99 minutes

Seems to be better than the crazy amount of hours some people are getting here.
Be sure to babysit that download all the way through though.
I'm nearing the end after 4 hours, and I had to pause/resume it on 4 different occasions because of the speed nearly coming to a halt.

The Hunter quest about beating a Strike while killing 3 majors with the Golden Gun is kind of BS. It's reliant on a lot of things going exactly right, some of which are out of a player's control, and that's the kind of stuff they were supposed to be eliminating.

Dinklage was way better than North. Waaaaay better.

100% disagree. North brings actual character to the Ghost.

R0ckman

People thought the Alchemist warlock chest was terrible based on Xur's preview, but the database shows more.
you can choose between arc, solar, and Void defense and armor.

Also lol
warlock helmet that reduces blink cooldown and increases travel distance

Thats the mysterio helmet one

Klyka

Banned
So is it just me or is the whole game questified? As in there are quests for stuff I didn't think they'd even touch.

Nori Chan

I honestly see no point in doing the quests now. Especially since they give out XP for it. I'll just have them to have it and then finish them off next week

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
heartily reserving judgment for the rest of the dialogue but "we've woken the hive?" is a definite step backward, lol

SnakeEyes

Banned

shem935

Banned
Does this count for Grimoire wins??? DOES IT?!?!?!!?!!

It's terrible. I hate it. I'm sorry. How does he have less personality than notoriously flat Dinklebot?

Hahaha total garbage on that vo take. Hope the rest is better. Can't believe I am nostalgic for dinklebot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Hunter quest about beating a Strike while killing 3 majors with the Golden Gun is kind of BS. It's reliant on a lot of things going exactly right, some of which are out of a player's control, and that's the kind of stuff they were supposed to be eliminating.
That doesn't sound quite right... using your Super to finish off majors, and thus create orbs, is what you should be doing regardless. The quest sounds like it's just teaching players this organically to me.

Unless... does it mean you're supposed to kill one major with each shot in a single Golden Gun? o_O

Trakan

It is. I did it on the Undying Mind strike, but only the majors at the end near the boss count.

Bloodsent

I don't see it anywhere in the patch notes, but can we pledge to a faction now (for 2.5k glimmer), or is that still pushed to 9/15?

So why did the original Dinklebot aka Tyrion stopped being the voice of the Ghost?

Bungie said it was due to scheduling conflicts. They needed someone more available.

I'm sure that's true but I also think Dinklage got so much shit for the role there was no way he was gonna stick around.

Top Bottom