• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

It's terrible. I hate it. I'm sorry. How does he have less personality than notoriously flat Dinklebot?

I have to agree with you. Dinklebot takes the cake.

Also,

THEY CHANGED THE FIRST GENERATION NERIGAL SAVANT WARLOCK ARMOUR.
It used to be a sweet black and brown leather coat that I was still wearing today and with the update it's just all grey. I don't think it's meant to look like that. Has to be mistake. I'll post a screenshot tomorrow.

Mindlog

How does faction rep work this week? Anyone know?

Factions are working as intended.
You will get Vanguard and the Faction you pledge.

I just narrowly avoided flipping Vanguard :]

InFamy

Neo Member
I did not expect to like Nolanbot as much as I do, I can't really explain why. Also the Hard Light feels so good holy shit!

48QQzFV.png

Word of advice, don't try to buy the expansion via the in game menu i just did and it charged my credit card and nothing else happened,no downloads, not even in history. Thank god Xbox.com keeps track of recent transactions. Really upset about this.

If you bought that end one it is probably not going to work till the 15th as it contains the collectors upgrade, which doesn't go live till then.

DNAbro

48QQzFV.png

Word of advice, don't try to buy the expansion via the in game menu i just did and it charged my credit card and nothing else happened,no downloads, not even in history. Thank god Xbox.com keeps track of recent transactions. Really upset about this.

nothing should download until the 15th i believe.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they patched it a few weeks after DB came out as it was better than gatekeepers for farming. Which sucked all those Minotaurs, so much glimmer.
Are you talking about the very first area (with mostly major hobgoblins and Hydras), or the huge staircase with all the Descendant and Precursor minotaurs? The latter never gave glimmer, the former still did at least up to sometime around HoW launch. I can't remember the last time I played the Strike though, so it is possible it was patched since then.

RetroMG

Am I missing something with this "Inside Ward Kills" quest? Seems like I am not getting credit for all these Thralls I'm killing inside the ward.

Klyka

Banned
So I had the same issue with Deathless. Then I turned in other bounties and it advanced the Deathless bounty. Makes no sense really since you'll get it by turning in bounties without dying (what?) but whatever.

Actually, it makes 100% sense.
It's because you are not gaining XP anymore apart from bounties or XP rewards at the end of missions/strikes.

See, currently the lvl cap actually is 40 but the game just stops all normal XP gain to your level when you reached 34. That also means we are not actually making motes of light from XP anymore for now either.

So right now,every kill you make, every XP you generate outside of bounties/rewards/quests is just 0 once you reach 34.

Are you talking about the very first area (with mostly major hobgoblins and Hydras), or the huge staircase with all the Descendant and Precursor minotaurs? The latter never gave glimmer, the former still did at least up to sometime around HoW launch. I can't remember the last time I played the Strike though, so it is possible it was patched since then.

Oh yeah, I'm talking about the stairs, I'm sure that gave glimmer for like a week then was nerfed into the ground. I'm probably dreaming though.

GreyWind

If you bought that end one it is probably not going to work till the 15th as it contains the collectors upgrade, which doesn't go live till then.

but doesn't the small thumbnail/ tile shows up in your game and apps? That's how it works when you pay for something digitally on the marketplace or else it wouldn't let you pay.

GhaleonEB

Good News: I found a way to simplify the information into readible tiles for Desktop and Mobile and speed up my workflow. The original file looked nice but wasn't flexible.
Bad News: "The Destiny OT was gutted and revised an hour before it was slated to launch."

Tomorrow. Unless you want me to put up the Destiny 2.0 stuff specifically and then edit it as I go. That's readible, but The Taken King specific stuff is being reworked.

I don't want to put pressure on you, but we need a thread on the Gaming side for the patch today. So I suggest one of two options: you post the OT with just the patch info and whatever else you are comfortable including, and update as you go (which is totally fine), or we just do a stand alone thread for the 2.0 update, and you can post the full OT on the 15th. No biggie either way, but 2.0 is a big enough release that is going on now that a thread would be useful. It can be as simple as the patch notes, if we just split one off.

but doesn't the small thumbnail/ tile shows up in your game and apps? That's how it works when you pay for something digitally on the marketplace or else it wouldn't let you pay.

I'm honestly not sure, I don't really play my Xbox that much so I was just speculating. Sorry I can't be of much help.

daedalius

Omg these terrible shotgun blink kids have no idea what to do now.

Went 20-2 on rift with TLW. Feels the same to me so far, even got plenty of mid range kills while ADSing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's because you are not gaining XP anymore apart from bounties or XP rewards at the end of missions/strikes.

See, currently the lvl cap actually is 40 but the game just stops all normal XP gain to your level when you reached 34. That also means we are not actually making motes of light from XP anymore for now either.

So right now,every kill you make, every XP you generate outside of bounties/rewards/quests is just 0 once you reach 34.
Right. My instincts are telling me that the math on the backend is also what's causing patrols to appear to not give rep for players in this scenario.

I mean... guys if patrols are not giving rep, what are they giving? It was literally the only reward you got from patrol missions before. If they're not giving anything, I think we can safely assume glitch.

FinKL

So I just opened the app... Vanguard Nightfall?

Looks like they retracted their statements about there being no NF or Weeklies. The Dailies are not in though.

Anyone know if you still get Vanguard/Crucible marks? I'm shy on both of maxing and was hoping to do it this weeks, but it's looks like you can't earn anymore

shermas

Am I missing something with this "Inside Ward Kills" quest? Seems like I am not getting credit for all these Thralls I'm killing inside the ward.

I don't know... it sucked. I was getting one kill credit for each Ward I made. If you can get a bunch of thrall in your bubble, stick one with a grenade, then jump out... you'll get credit for each thrall killed with your nade. That sped it up for me a bit.

todd360

I don't want to put pressure on you, but we need a thread on the Gaming side for the patch today. So I suggest one of two options: you post the OT with just the patch info and whatever else you are comfortable including, and update as you go (which is totally fine), or we just do a stand alone thread for the 2.0 update, and you can post the full OT on the 15th. No biggie either way, but 2.0 is a big enough release that is going on now that a thread would be useful. It can be as simple as the patch notes, if we just split one off.

Don't worry. I knew he would fail us so I made a back up thread. Posting now.

Lol just kidding

Same for me. But DriveClub updated:D.... T_T

Seems like a system wide issue. Just make sure the update started and then put your ps4 in rest to speed up the download.

That's what I'm scared of. It's happened to me before. Worst case scenario I have to wait a day to play some more. I won't be too upset about it.

I wish there was a way to set up times for to check updates in rest mode. Like, check every hour, two hours, three hours, etc. The whole point of leaving it in rest mode is for it download updates when I'm not there. Or at least that's all I used it for.

Ugh I do not like the sound of that modifier. Sounds way too frustrating to need to have the proper element to bring down shields like that one halo modifier which I can't remember.

BokehKing

Banned
Well my Xbox 1 downloaded first, so I guess I'm playing on that for now

But holy Christmas morning vibes.. And I didn't even leave the tower yet

So I'm a level 23 titan on Xbox, should I buy a weapon or wait for one to drop in crucible, all I got is a galahad e right now

Eh, I had plenty of time but I went too ambitious. All the information is there but Photoshop didn't want to let me edit a giant infographic. . I'll post what's done and update it as I go along.

shermas

Looks like they retracted their statements about there being no NF or Weeklies. The Dailies are not in though.

Anyone know if you still get Vanguard/Crucible marks? I'm shy on both of maxing and was hoping to do it this weeks, but it's looks like you can't earn anymore

My vanguard marks are maxed, so I don't know about those.

I'm about 90% sure I didn't earn any Crucible marks (just rep) when I played Control earlier today. I really didn't pay attention to my number of marks when I started, though.

Kind of bummed because I'm at 160-something on Crucible marks on 2 toons. Just figured I'd get them both to 200 before next Tuesday. I guess not. :(

Klyka

Banned
Right. My instincts are telling me that the math on the backend is also what's causing patrols to appear to not give rep for players in this scenario.

I mean... guys if patrols are not giving rep, what are they giving? It was literally the only reward you got from patrol missions before. If they're not giving anything, I think we can safely assume glitch.

Well technically you do get quests for doing patrols which give you stuff...

Huge, huge thanks to Mehrman for passing me the Gorgon CP. If anyone wants it, I can host it for a bit. PSN is Reignofsparrows.

Also, shooting your foot in water doesn't seem to do damage anymore. What hasn't Bungie nerfed!?

MrDaravon

I got 3 Motes of Light for killing an enemy with no other pop-up, that had to have been an level up/XP reward like how we used to get 1 Mote on a "level up." And even ignoring that, if what you're saying is poor on their part because normal enemy kills and whatnot counted before today towards the 10k XP bounty even when we were at the level cap.

Also Patrol missions appear to be giving nothing. I'm pledged to a faction so it shouldn't be that, I'm getting faction and vanguard rep for turning in bounties. Hoping Patrol missions giving literally nothing is a glitch or something.

I know that starting tomorrow we'll be able to try out weapons for the Gunsmith for the first Armsday, but will those be TTK weapons, or just current stuff?

ocean

Banned
Here's the Polygon video if you don't want to read the article with it, Nolanbot vs Dinklebot.

Nolanbot sounds better just a few times, imo. Still a silly change. I want to hear impressions from people playing it for the first time starting today without ever hearing the original.

Either way, you can't say the change is for the better when you don't know how Dinklebot would have sounded with a better script.

https://youtu.be/n1aZwC3WAAM
1. Holy shit this script is bad
2. Dinkle forever. New voice was an understandable compromise because you need someone who's more readily available to keep up with new content but goddamn the only times Nolanbot doesn't sound worse are the moments when he sounds identical

Top Bottom