• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It is. I did it on the Undying Mind strike, but only the majors at the end near the boss count.
Well, that just sounds like a glitch. Are you positive the ones in the very first area don't?
Haha exactly, why is it a question now? Dinklebot conveyed some urgency about the fact that a shit ton of Hive were about to rush you.
Yeah it was like an AAAH

now it's like an Oh..?

That doesn't sound quite right... using your Super to finish off majors, and thus create orbs, is what you should be doing regardless. The quest sounds like it's just teaching players this organically to me.

Unless... does it mean you're supposed to kill one major with each shot in a single Golden Gun? o_O

The idea of it is solid, but only certain strikes have majors that aren't the bosses. And when they won't let you do strikes over level 20, timing it so you get the kill and not your teammates is a massive pain the ass. They all drop so fast when everyone doing the strike is 34.

The idea of it is solid, but only certain strikes have majors that aren't the bosses. And when they won't let you do strikes over level 20, timing it so you get the kill and not your teammates is a massive pain the ass. They all drop so fast when everyone doing the strike is 34.

The PS exclusive one, where you go back to the black garden, has A TON of majors. Like easily 30+.

ocean

Banned
Well, that just sounds like a glitch. Are you positive the ones in the very first area don't?

Yeah it was like an AAAH

now it's like an Oh..?
Probably the Majors that don't give Glimmer on the steps don't count for this either.

Sounds like an easy bounty on Will of Crota. Plenty of yellow bar Cursed Thralls which pop real easily.

shermas

I'm pretty sure I didn't get any Crucible marks after playing some control earlier. Anyone else noticing that or did I imagine it?

Trakan

Yeah it was like an AAAH

now it's like an Oh..?

Yeah, it's not a quest bug, Bungie is just retarded. They've never counted as majors since the strike came out even though they have yellow health and drop more orbs. You can't get glimmer from them either. Only the ones at the end.

Rehsa

Finally able to catch up with the thread since going on vacation this weekend, you guys are non stop lol. If my PS4 didn't download in rest mode I will not be able to check out all these sweet changes. Also glad to see you are back Zoba!

Last thing, how was this not posted?

b253e96565354b897a22fd53ebbbe54f.jpg

Amazing looking Hunter helmet, I WANT!

Edit: Also this sounds like it could be bad ass

Azzawon

That new 'incoming patrol mission' is pretty cool on Mars.

First wave: Kill enemies
Second wave: Critical kills
Final wave: Own the dancefloor

e845fed9daa31fdda65181cc9aebb00d.gif

This is a completely different game. Holy shit.

EDIT: If anyone is on, join my party I won't be able to talk, but I want a full DGAF team going in deep in Rift.

Good News: I found a way to simplify the information into readible tiles for Desktop and Mobile and speed up my workflow. The original file looked nice but wasn't flexible.
Bad News: "The Destiny OT was gutted and revised an hour before it was slated to launch."

Tomorrow. Unless you want me to put up the Destiny 2.0 stuff specifically and then edit it as I go. That's readible, but The Taken King specific stuff is being reworked.

If I'm reading the database right, EVERY SINGLE EXOTIC ARMOR GETS HOSTED FOR YEAR 2! Was this already known? Not that I'll use any, the new exotics sound sweet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah they patched that as they gave an obscene amount of glimmer, so they work like Thralls and Raid Ultras, not actual Ultras.
Wait, the ones at the very beginning don't even give glimmer anymore? Since when was this patched? That strike was some of the best moneymaking in the entire game.
Hmm, so it's other players getting the kill, I see.

Maybe you could do it on the nightfall by yourself?
Probably the Majors that don't give Glimmer on the steps don't count for this either.

Sounds like an easy bounty on Will of Crota. Plenty of yellow bar Cursed Thralls which pop real easily.
The majors on the steps are another story entirely and I'm not surprised they don't count.
Yeah, it's not a quest bug, Bungie is just retarded. They've never counted as majors since the strike came out even though they have yellow health and drop more orbs. You can't get glimmer from them either. Only the ones at the end.
This is incorrect. The majors in the very first area absolutely did, at least in the past, drop glimmer.

Good News: I found a way to simplify the information into readible tiles for Desktop and Mobile and speed up my workflow. The original file looked nice but wasn't flexible.
Bad News: "The Destiny OT was gutted and revised an hour before it was slated to launch."

Tomorrow. Unless you want me to put up the Destiny 2.0 stuff specifically and then edit it as I go. That's done, but The Taken King specific stuff is being reworked.

image.php

j/k man! I know you are working hard, we appreciate it.

MrDaravon

Patrols not giving rep anymore is a huge bummer, I honestly liked just running around doing shit, and now there's zero reason to do so.

I think the Deathless bounty is bugged, it's been at 85%....for a really really long time. Like I did 6 or 7 patrol missions and have probably killed 200+ enemies and it hasn't budged.

Speaking ONLY on his patrol mission/random dialogue new ghost is super fucking weird. It sounds like a kids saturday morning cartoon wacky sidekick or something. Whereas dinklebot was just bad, this is just super weird and borderline creepy IMO. Not sure if want yet.

Edit: Finally got Deathless to trigger by turning in bounties. The fact that I got literally zero XP from a ton of bounties and enemy kills is very concerning in terms of leveling up gear. Combined with not getting any rep for patrols now they're pushing us to do activities, but what are you supposed to do when you run out of them?

Tomorrow. Unless you want me to put up the Destiny 2.0 stuff specifically and then edit it as I go. That's readible, but The Taken King specific stuff is being reworked.
I would at least put a thread up for Gaming side just for 2.0. TTK stuff can be added in.

Patrols not giving rep anymore is a huge bummer, I honestly liked just running around doing shit, and now there's zero reason to do so.

I think the Deathless bounty is bugged, it's been at 85%....for a really really long time. Like I did 6 or 7 patrol missions and have probably killed 200+ enemies and it hasn't budged.

Speaking ONLY on his patrol mission/random dialogue new ghost is super fucking weird. It sounds like a kids saturday morning cartoon wacky sidekick or something. Whereas dinklebot was just bad, this is just super weird and borderline creepy IMO. Not sure if want yet.

So I had the same issue with Deathless. Then I turned in other bounties and it advanced the Deathless bounty. Makes no sense really since you'll get it by turning in bounties without dying (what?) but whatever.

DNAbro

my luck with getting the new maps is awful. I've gotten Bannerfall 4 times, Sector 618 4 times, Momento twice, and old maps all the other times.

I just tried to talk my wife through turning on my playstation and starting the download. God bless her I love her to death and she is amazing, but that was painful as shit. I think I got her to the right place. I guess I'll find out in an hour when I get off work. This could end horribly, wish me luck!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Edit: Finally got Deathless to trigger by turning in bounties. The fact that I got literally zero XP from a ton of bounties and enemy kills is very concerning in terms of leveling up gear. Combined with not getting any rep for patrols now they're pushing us to do activities, but what are you supposed to do when you run out of them?
haha wait, patrols ONLY gave rep before. What do they give now? Is this not potentially a glitch due to you being "capped" for the week until the level cap raise?

Here's the Polygon video if you don't want to read the article with it, Nolanbot vs Dinklebot.

Nolanbot sounds better just a few times, imo. Still a silly change. I want to hear impressions from people playing it for the first time starting today without ever hearing the original.

Either way, you can't say the change is for the better when you don't know how Dinklebot would have sounded with a better script.

https://youtu.be/n1aZwC3WAAM

Wait, the ones at the very beginning don't even give glimmer anymore? Since when was this patched? That strike was some of the best moneymaking in the entire game.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they patched it a few weeks after DB came out as it was better than gatekeepers for farming. Which sucked all those Minotaurs, so much glimmer.

GreyWind

48QQzFV.png

Word of advice, don't try to buy the expansion via the in game menu i just did and it charged my credit card and nothing else happened,no downloads, not even in history. Thank god Xbox.com keeps track of recent transactions. Really upset about this.

Deku Tree

You need to put something up today ASAP or the mods will probably do it without you. You can edit it tomorrow.

shermas

For reals on patrols not giving rep anymore? I did one (the new racing one) and didn't get anything, but I figured it was because I bailed out early or something.

I also haven't pledged a faction yet, so maybe that's why I didn't get any rep??

What the fuck, had my PS4 on rest mode with automatic updates on and when I turned it on the update file just started. Is that normal? FUCKIN SHIT.
Same for me. But DriveClub updated:D.... T_T

Seems like a system wide issue. Just make sure the update started and then put your ps4 in rest to speed up the download.

Top Bottom