• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Part of the quest is that you also have to finish the strike you get the kills on, and I have no confidence that I can beat that Fogoth fight solo.
Ahhh, I gotcha. I didn't know the steps worked like that.

My next suggestion is of course to consider grouping up with people (GAF or otherwise) to do it. If you're coordinating on voice chat, killing three majors with your super should be trivial.
Well technically you do get quests for doing patrols which give you stuff...
Okay, huh. no idea how this works yet so I need more info

Deku Tree

File this under good to know:

@Bungie: New Patrols are not currently granting rewards in Update 2.0. Enjoy them for now, but they won't pay out until 09/15.

Ahhh, I gotcha. I didn't know the steps worked like that.

My next suggestion is of course to consider grouping up with people (GAF or otherwise) to do it. If you're coordinating on voice chat, killing three majors with your super should be trivial.

It shouldn't be too bad once we can actually do high level strikes again, as it'll be easier to time the kill. It's just kind of a badly designed quest, especially in the current state of the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1. Holy shit this script is bad
2. Dinkle forever. New voice was an understandable compromise because you need someone who's more readily available to keep up with new content but goddamn the only times Nolanbot doesn't sound worse are the moments when he sounds identical

Nolan sounds like a guy with a voice filter applied to him. His attempts to add "personality" just make the whole thing sound even worse than it probably is.

neoism

just played on memento.......

whhhhhhhyyyyyyyy

unrtMPl.gif

it has the be one of the wrost designed maps ive ever played on... real shame because i love that european look of it.. all the green and stuff.... its just .. damn.. real shame...

I like Dinklebot better. Not so much the delivery but his voice is less ...generic?
I'm the opposite. Just watched the comparsion video on Polygon and you can really hear the difference between the two. Nolan actually sounds like he cares about what's being said. Dinklebot sounds like he could care less and sounds like he doesn't give a rats ass. It doesn't hide the terrible writing though which is why listening to these for the 100th time with Nolan still carries that cringe factor.

Other than Dinklebot having a nostalgia spot in my mind, Nolan gives a better performance overall.

For anyone wanting to keep the raid fresh, be very careful when using the unofficial databases. I can see the raid armor on Planet Destiny's and they definitely spoil some mechanics.

just played on memento.......

whhhhhhhyyyyyyyy

unrtMPl.gif

it has the be one of the wrost designed maps ive ever played on... real shame because i love that european look of it.. all the green and stuff.... its just .. damn.. real shame...

feel like the map design is getting worse with each expansion

i loathe the house of wolves maps

ocean

Banned
Part of the quest is that you also have to finish the strike you get the kills on, and I have no confidence that I can beat that Fogoth fight solo.
Weekly is Omnigul right? There's Fallen Majors in the very first room and then a tooooon of Yellow bar exploding Thrall in the end. Probably your best bet for this. Otherwise, the HoW strike could be an option?

If I recall correctly there's quite a few Major Captains and even some Dregs there (might be thinking of the NF version though sorry)

Undying Mind has several at the beginning and then several others at the end fight.

The Nexus: 3 Servitors, a Goblin or two in the second to last room (before the tunnel that leads to the boss area), several Minotaurs in the bottom and the infinitely respawning Minotaur that rushes you if you camp up top.

Soften them up before super and then use either Celestial Hawkian or Symbiote if you have them to make sure you get the kill. Hope this helped! I'd get on to help but my download is stil missing 40 minutes.

I'm the opposite. Just watched the comparsion video on Polygon and you can really hear the difference between the two. Nolan actually sounds like he cares about what's being said. Dinklebot sounds like he could care less about what's going on. It doesn't hide the terrible writing though which is why listening to these for the 100th time with Nolan still carries that cringe factor.

Other than Dinklebot having a nostalgia spot in my mind, Nolan gives a better performance overall.
With Nolan it's sooo much easier to spot how terrible the script is. Not sure why they didn't rework it in some areas.

Anyone know how the new faction work? If I join one and do vangaurd playlists do I get rep for both dead orbit AND vangaurd?

It probably does, but I don't know for sure. But to compare: I pledged to New Monarchy but I'm wearing the Ghost Angel cloak. After a match of Rift I got both NM and Crucible rep.

Definity

I've only been killed by it once in the crucible so I'm good.

I just watched triplewreck put thorn to work. Granted he has got crazy skills but he was easily getting 3 body shots at people that seemed to be at mid-long range. I was expecting at least a 4 body shot kill.

shermas

Thanks for the answers! Can I simply go to the final mission and run it again now that everything is reset? I've deleted it with all my characters.

I read that you can go to the Abandoned Quest (?) kiosk and launch it from there. I deleted my rifle, too, so I need to reacquire it, as well.

The AQK (lazy) is down near the advisors, where Xur sometimes lands.

With Nolan it's sooo much easier to spot how terrible the script is. Not sure why they didn't rework it in some areas.
Yeah, listening to all of them together like that was pretty bad. They had room to improve and even completely change the lines but they kept them all for whatever reason. Most of the dialogue doesn't even contribute to whatever story it's trying to put out anyways.

Weekly is Omnigul right? There's Fallen Majors in the very first room and then a tooooon of Yellow bar exploding Thrall in the end. Probably your best bet for this. Otherwise, the HoW strike could be an option?

If I recall correctly there's quite a few Major Captains and even some Dregs there (might be thinking of the NF version though sorry)

Undying Mind has several at the beginning and then several others at the end fight.

The Nexus: 3 Servitors, a Goblin or two in the second to last room (before the tunnel that leads to the boss area), several Minotaurs in the bottom and the infinitely respawning Minotaur that rushes you if you camp up top.

Soften them up before super and then use either Celestial Hawkian or Symbiote if you have them to make sure you get the kill. Hope this helped! I'd get on to help but my download is stil missing 40 minutes.

I tried doing the weekly, but I got thrown in with someone at the very end. Good in most situations, not in this one.

Can't do Undying Mind until next week, as I am on XB1, but I'll try the others. Thanks.

TyrantII

It probably does, but I don't know for sure. But to compare: I pledged to New Monarchy but I'm Wearing the Ghost Angel cloak. After a match of Rift I got both NM and Crucible rep.

OK, so yeah I did remember reading that. Good to know, as I don't want to knock my vangaurd/crucible up till next weeks hard launch.

Another question, no collection dispenser for class items? Guess it makes sense since they now come with abilities, but I wish we had them stored somewhere even as generics.

Top Bottom