• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

ocean

Banned
I guess what i'm asking is, has anyone seen a class items vendor around, or is that not something that exists?
If you're looking for a kiosk that stores a copy of all the ones you've had, I don't think it exists. As far as I'm aware, this is only available for:

- Emblems/Shaders
- Ships/Sparrows
- Exotic Weapons/Armor

neoism

feel like the map design is getting worse with each expansion

i loathe the house of wolves maps

well its the worst soo far played on like 4 i think.. i loove the HOW maps all but that sheild map forgot the name... widows court was my fav in how so i thought id loove memento.. but nope its like they made two maps then pressed the autocombined button and called it a day..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh yeah, I'm talking about the stairs, I'm sure that gave glimmer for like a week then was nerfed into the ground. I'm probably dreaming though.
Ah gotcha. It's totally possible I didn't play the strike until a week or two after TDB launch and missed that. The strike was still deceptively incredible for glimmer because of the first area and final boss area (which was/is potentially unlimited if you kept the boss alive).

Changing my DNS settings to Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) has made my download go about twice as fast.

Before switching it had stalled out at around 4.5 GB.

8 GB downloaded now and 30 minutes left.

Mindlog

Anyone know how the new faction work? If I join one and do vangaurd playlists do I get rep for both dead orbit AND vangaurd?
You have to pledge with a faction first for ~2.5k Glimmer. Then you gain rep with both faction and activity at the same time,
Guardian, you will now do less damage while still taking a ton of damage. Good times.
There are new perks that make you more resistant to elemental damage.

99+hrs for download.
See you guys in 4 days.
11951452_438977202975705_114580547404333012_o.jpg

An I reading the advisor right? "Vanguard Nightfall. Strike playlist. Launches a random nightfall strike."

So no more unified nightfall for the week? And if I get a particularly hard strike and modifier combo what's to stop me from leaving and trying again?

kiguel182

Since PSN is not collaborating and I'll only be able to play 2.0 tomorrow I have to ask: How is the update? Early impressions and stuff.

Afrocious

Finally done!

Oh new game icon...and new intro music whaa

loving how the character select screen now shows toons without their masks. my warlocks are on point.

Arrrammis

I heard somewhere a while ago that changing some settings for your internet can seriously increase download speed on PS4, anyone remember that?

edit: found one setting that took my speed from 24 to 35 Mbps, change the MTU setting to 1473

Alright so is there any new shit I can be doing that's not crucible related? Just making sure I'm not missing anything. I saw the new bounties and heard there's a new patrol mission or something.

Deku Tree

An I reading the advisor right? "Vanguard Nightfall. Strike playlist. Launches a random nightfall strike."

So no more unified nightfall for the week? And if I get a particularly hard strike and modifier combo what's to stop me from leaving and trying again?

That's what everyone did with the queens wrath story missions. Maybe if you do that too much you get locked out for the week...

Sylas

Did the overhaul of the original Destiny story go live with this update? I'm tempted to level a warlock just to see if I like what they've done with the missions/quest system before I buy TTK, but I haven't seen any impressions on if the story is more cohesive or anything yet.

JTripper

I hope the subclass quests are going to be immediately available when TKK drops. I just wanna get all 3 for my characters then play through the main questline.

Mindlog

Alright so is there any new shit I can be doing that's not crucible related? Just making sure I'm not missing anything. I saw the new bounties and heard there's a new patrol mission or something.
There's a quest line for your subclass. I don't know where it's going yet.
Did the overhaul of the original Destiny story go live with this update? I'm tempted to level a warlock just to see if I like what they've done with the missions/quest system before I buy TTK, but I haven't seen any impressions on if the story is more cohesive or anything yet.
You can access the new campaign without deleting a character.

I read that you can go to the Abandoned Quest (?) kiosk and launch it from there. I deleted my rifle, too, so I need to reacquire it, as well.

The AQK (lazy) is down near the advisors, where Xur sometimes lands.

Checked. The quest kiosk and the available quests are all the beginning ones. The final quest is not available. Do I need to roll through the "stranger's" quest line?

Top Bottom