• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Not loving the shader implementation, or at least transition toward it.

The UI makes no distinction between "Have in inventory" and "Don't have at all".

Makes me nervous about deleting stuff.

Could just be me having a long day, tho.

I'm kind of surprised to be the minority regarding liking North more than Dinklage's performance. To me, Dinklage brought no life to the role. North may overplay it at times, but to me that's better than consistently having nothing for it, which is how I felt with Dinklage a lot.

872FDBm.gif

So, before I left for work this morning, I made sure my PS4 would have auto download enabled in rest mode. I was sure.

I just get home and get prompted by a notification saying a DRIVECLUB update had downloaded and installed. I thought, okay, no problem. Sure enough it's followed by a notification saying Destiny had been added to downloads. I thought, oh, it most not be fully downloaded yet. It's probably close. Fucking nope. Just started when I turned on my PS4, 0 fucking percent. 7 hours to go.

The UI makes no distinction between "Have in inventory" and "Don't have at all".

Well, it does suck when purchasing. You can repurchase what you could get for free from the Kiosk.

However, you should never have to worry about deleting a shader/ship/emblem/sparrow. They will always be available for free once you've possessed them once.

Yeah, the lack of distinction is pretty annoying.

What did they change about the shader stuff. Looks the same to me. I was hoping I could delete all these shaders and just get them later.

todd360

Sparrow racing? Almost everyone here owes math and I an apology.

Edit: that was no mistake math. It was the divine will of gODA

neoism

You should turn off the system completely then turn it back on I just did that and went from 9 hours to an hour. Hopefully that works for you.

you dun have to go that far... everytime you pause the download it fines a new server to dl from just do that until you get like 4 hours or so... usually the best i get is 4 mbs a second...

BokehKing

Banned
6 more hours to go. COME ON, I want to wreck stuff with my Monte Carlo!
Serious, I want to play on my ps4, my Xbox one titan is so bare bones right now I'm getting out gunned every which turn, I want my suros or my something

Edit: my dumb ass still went to the tower to return bounties

So, before I left for work this morning, I made sure my PS4 would have auto download enabled in rest mode. I was sure.

I just get home and get prompted by a notification saying a DRIVECLUB update had downloaded and installed. I thought, okay, no problem. Sure enough it's followed by a notification saying Destiny had been added to downloads. I thought, oh, it most not be fully downloaded yet. It's probably close. Fucking nope. Just started when I turned on my PS4, 0 fucking percent. 7 hours to go.

Same thing happened to me. Driveclub update was installed fine this morning, got home and turned it on from rest mode and it started downloading the Destiny patch at 0%. Supposedly I have 9 more hours left, but it's said that for 4 hours now.

What did they change about the shader stuff. Looks the same to me. I was hoping I could delete all these shaders and just get them later.

Nothing. Just when you open the shader collection, it shows a bunch grayed out. Either because you don't have them. Or you do (and they're in your inventory).

It's not distinct what you actually own unless you mouse over and it says "Can only have one in inventory at a time."

todd360

So Luke says they have new tech in place to stop the datamine of certain gear to stop gear spoilers. If that is true why allow any of it to be datamined?

SpecX

All the issues people are having, I'm glad I kicked off the download at lunch now. Hopefully it didn't stall out on me and I come home to just what I saw downloading being all it downloaded.

Kyoufu

So Luke says they have new tech in place to stop the datamine of certain gear to stop gear spoilers. If that is true why allow any of it to be datamined?

Good question. Maybe the tech can only prevent some items from being mined instead of everything.

Frenden

Banned
People are trying to argue with me on Twitter that three bodyshots from Thorn killing is okay because it takes more skill than two headshots.

X-Frame

So far Skullfort, Inmost Light, Saint-14, Armamentarium all change with shaders. Still looking.

EDIT: Also Feedback Fence, Ruin Wings, Eternal Warrior (haha), Glasshouse.

Also, No Backup Plans look different too, they're brighter and they seem to be more of a hologram like in Mass Effect or something.

Afrocious

heart of praxic fire now changes color omg

glowhoo rocks on this

anyone up for some partying stuff later on? i dunno what to do at this point except for crucible or raids for fun.

i need to do skolas still

just got dropped from psn wtf

This is fucking hilarious. Crucible is still the lopsided TLW, Thorn, Shotgun abuse-fest it always was.

Except now there's a mercy rule so we don't waste the whole 12 minutes anymore. Honestly can't see where the differences are. I've used three different auto rifles and all 3 times I'm unloading in guys that are 10+ feet away only to have them run through the bullets and come shotgun me.

That's exactly how it works.

Nothing. Just when you open the shader collection, it shows a bunch grayed out. Either because you don't have them. Or you do (and they're in your inventory).

It's not distinct what you actually own unless you mouse over and it says "Can only have one in inventory at a time."
Wait so where do you pick the shaders up from? The special orders chick ain't there anymore (or at least for right now)

Zoidberg

So far Skullfort, Inmost Light, Saint-14, Armamentarium all change with shaders. Still looking.

Also, No Backup Plans look different too, they're brighter and they seem to be more of a hologram like in Mass Effect or something.

Do Ruin Wings? I had a look on Bungie.net armory and it didn't look like it.

Top Bottom