• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There is a new armor material that is universal across class. But your old armor materials probably do not convert into the new material. You probably have to grind for the new stuff. You can trade in your old materials for faction rep though.

Siince HoW, they've made sure that basically everything converts. It'd be really odd if something like armor mats suddenly didn't convert too.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Link?

I have never heard them say that your old sapphire-plasteel-hadronic will convert to the new armor material. And also on the twitch stream Deej had the new stuff in his inventory but he had the old stuff in his vault. So I don't know what to make of that.
I said I thought Deku, meaning I have no link. Let's not go off my shoddy memory though. =P

ze vones on ze ozzer team, ya?

2QdVvuF.gif

Deku Tree

Siince HoW, they've made sure that basically everything converts. It'd be really odd if something like armor mats suddenly didn't convert too.

Luke said just the other day that they currently have no Etheric light conversion. So it's not that odd. Even though he personally said that he hopes they add an elight conversion. HoW was the most recent expansions and it was the first time that they introduced an exchange for anything.

I'm pretty sure I recall bungie saying that you could exchange armor mats at the Vanguard vendor for the new unified mat.

Link?

Looking for 1 for Crotas End Hard Mode at Crota now. Someone had to leave.

Titan preferable but otherwise no worries.

Reply with your PSN ID and I will send you an invite!

GutZ31

Luke said just the other day that they currently have no Etheric light conversion. So it's not that odd. Even though he personally said that he hopes they add an elight conversion. HoW was the most recent expansions and it was the first time that they introduced an exchange for anything.

Link?

Similarly, an item called armor materials replaces the three class-specific items (hadronic essence, plasteel plating, and sapphire wire), so it’s far easier to earn materials on one character, and then use them to upgrade a different character. The Vanguard quartermaster offered me an option for trading in my plasteel plating for armor materials, so that transition should be pretty painless.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/08/12/new-details-revealed-in-our-exclusive-destiny-the-taken-king-hands-on-impressions.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

Vitanimus

hi, i've started playing again after I stopped before the first expansion dropped. I own both expansions and now i'm trying to catch up with all the content I missed over the past few months. does expansion II armor and weapons automatically outclass expansion I stuff, or it just a per item comparison? I'm only asking just to see what the quickest way to get my level up is.

thanks!

GutZ31

Thats excellent thanks Gutz.

Now hoping that turning them in for faction or whatever is also true.

I think you may be mixing up some other news.
There was talk about consolidating our Vanguard marks and Crucible marks into the Legendary marks pool, but only letting us have 200 still.
This means if you have 200 in both Vanguard and Crucible, you should get something given to you for them taking away half your stuff.

Can't recall exactly what they will give, but I think its similar to packages or something.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
There was talk about consolidating our Vanguard marks and Crucible marks into the Legendary marks pool, but only letting us have 200 still.
This means if you have 200 in both Vanguard and Crucible, you should get something given to you for them taking away half your stuff.

Can't recall exactly what they will give, but I think its similar to packages or something.
I think we can turn in synth for reputation

There was, I think, a faction vendor that was accepting 'stuff' for rep. I am pretty sure someone spotted that they were accepting heavy ammo for example as materials to help 'the cause'. It's that sort of thing I am thinking of.

any iron banner groups wanna carry this old thing? i'm close to hitting rank 5 and wanna get some stuff before i work later. playing with randoms i usually pull a 1.something kd if that matters.

PSN: neonbear

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Link?

But that makes sense because the sole purpose of E Light was to increase your level. Them not knowing what to convert it into yet is kinda lol, but even Radiant Light and Van/Cru Commendations turned into something. There hasn't been anything that was essentially left blank and useless going from one expansion/update to the next.

Top Bottom