• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GhaleonEB

RE: IGN interview (and also the GI podcas).

Of all the things Bungie folks have talked about in the run up to TTK's release, Luke's comments about altering the vision for the endgame has resonated most strongly with me. The update to the Nightfalls in particular are a very welcome surprise. I thought that the vision for the NF was very much what we were had with year 1: often huddled up on corners of crates, atop cliffs, or otherwise taking pains to avoid instadeath as we used our best gear to try and avoid a wipe in a brutal but (sometimes) rewarding strike. That Bungie recognized the problems with that as an engame activity and both redesigned it, and rethought their exotic weapon design philosophy along the way has me incredibly optimistic for TTK. It sounds like the same line of thinking has been applied to all of the activities, from strikes to patrols to loot acquisition in general.

I don't think Bungie fully understood their own creation when it launched, nor did they have as clear a vision for the game as they have had with prior releases. Year 1 of Destiny felt very much like Bungie found their vision for the game as they went, and have been slowly marching it toward that vision. The depth of learnings and their reaction to player requests with 2.0 has me really excited for the future of this game.

Deku Tree

Of all the things Bungie folks have talked about in the run up to TTK's release, Luke's comments about altering the vision for the endgame has resonated most strongly with me. The update to the Nightfalls in particular are a very welcome surprise. I thought that the vision for the NF was very much what we were had with year 1: often huddled up on corners of crates, atop cliffs, or otherwise taking pains to avoid instadeath as we used our best gear to try and avoid a wipe in a brutal but (sometimes) rewarding strike. That Bungie recognized the problems with that as an engame activity and both architecture it, and rethought their exotic weapon design philosophy along the way has me incredibly optimistic for TTK. It sounds like the same line of thinking has been applied to all of the activities, from strikes to patrols to loot acquisition in general.

I don't think Bungie fully understood their own creation when it launched, nor did they have as clear a vision for the game as they have had with prior releases. Year 1 of Destiny felt very much like Bungie found their vision for the game as they went, and have been slowly marching it toward that vision. The depth of learnings and their reaction to player requests with 2.0 has me really excited for the future of this game.

I hope the NF changes indicates that they will also remove the no-revives mechanic from the HM version of the new Raid.

Tjamato88

Can I get any legendary or exotic drop from Iron Banner or only certain ones? I swear I've seen the same weapons over and over again.

Just "completed" two Trials cards with Muten & Pvt Hudson. They're solid players and great guys, but man.

Man.

I just wanted those gauntlets. Just 5 wins. With boons, that's like 3 wins, 4 losses. And Iron Banner going on, maybe would take some of the big guys out.

We went 0 and 8.

Brutal.

GutZ31

I hope the NF changes indicates that they will also remove the no-revives mechanic from the HM version of the new Raid.
If they do that, it would be mean they are totally on board with match made raids.
I am not a fan of that idea, but don't want the option blocked, just focused on only allowing easy difficulty to be match made.
An easy made for all raids would be fine with match making, and possibly a few key parts missing like the Gorgons maze from VoG.
Would give people a chance to try out, and learn mechanics of the raids without a huge revive delay.

I would expect anywhere from a third, to half of the raids being cut for easy modes to be able to exist, but it would also make the raids able to be completed quicker, meaning less chances of match made players dropping out prematurely.

This is all stuff coming out of my own head, and Bungie has said nothing about easy mode for raids, or match making.

DjRalford

Can I get any legendary or exotic drop from Iron Banner or only certain ones? I swear I've seen the same weapons over and over again.

Someone got hawkmoon yesterday, they came last in the team which figures.

On a completely unrelated note, is there any way to change your forum name on GAF? As i'd like it to match my PSN / XLB ID

Deku Tree

If they do that, it would be mean they are totally on board with match made raids.
I am not a fan of that idea, but don't want the option blocked, just focused on only allowing easy difficulty to be match made.
An easy made for all raids would be fine with match making, and possibly a few key parts missing like the Gorgons maze from VoG.
Would give people a chance to try out, and learn mechanics of the raids without a huge revive delay.

I would expect anywhere from a third, to half of the raids being cut for easy modes to be able to exist, but it would also make the raids able to be completed quicker, meaning less chances of match made players dropping out prematurely.

This is all stuff coming out of my own head, and Bungie has said nothing about easy mode for raids, or match making.

I would not be surprised or possibly even expect the Kings Fall Raid to have as many as four difficulty settings, similar to PoE with the easy mode having MM and simplified "strike like" encounters.

GutZ31

Someone got hawkmoon yesterday, they came last in the team which figures.

On a completely unrelated note, is there any way to change your forum name on GAF? As i'd like it to match my PSN / XLB ID
I think an admin would have to help you there.
Still no guarantee of them actually doing it, or being able to.

daedalius

i'll paint myself blue like the Queen's brother and stand outside Bungie's studio doing the Awoken dance if they nerf Bladedancers and Sunsinger's out of the top tier.

it's time for a new meta. Fuck quickdraw, fuck bolt grenades, fuck blink, fuck the Ram, fuck everything about PvP since December.

This this this

Of all the things Bungie folks have talked about in the run up to TTK's release, Luke's comments about altering the vision for the endgame has resonated most strongly with me. The update to the Nightfalls in particular are a very welcome surprise. I thought that the vision for the NF was very much what we were had with year 1: often huddled up on corners of crates, atop cliffs, or otherwise taking pains to avoid instadeath as we used our best gear to try and avoid a wipe in a brutal but (sometimes) rewarding strike. That Bungie recognized the problems with that as an engame activity and both architecture it, and rethought their exotic weapon design philosophy along the way has me incredibly optimistic for TTK. It sounds like the same line of thinking has been applied to all of the activities, from strikes to patrols to loot acquisition in general.

Well said! The more I hear about TTK, the more hyped I get. It's all been good news so far. I'm even okay with slowly lowering Gjallarhorn into the ground. I'll visit it often, and bring it flowers.

LTWood12

best_friends.gif

Are you teaching T44 how to embed pictures for forum postings?

I think he gave up :)

The red bull stream was definitely on a private server, as they were able to control the rotation of the maps and match against each other. The framework for custom games might be in the game, but the UI isn't.

GhaleonEB

I'd like this very much. I'm (a little) optimistic, given Luke has said they designed the raid for hard mode, then scaled it down for normal. I hope that means it's hard for the right reasons - mechanics, encounter design, coordination requirements - rather than the brute force difficulty of no revives and forced under leveling. I could live with the latter, but I do hope no revives goes away as well. My limited time with HM raids has not been enjoyable.

Frenden

Banned
I didn't get my Gjallarhorn until HoW and even I am ready to see it go.

Fatebringer, Found Verdict, and Gjallarhorn on every character for nearly all PvE activity is kinda boring.

DjRalford

something simple like, "invite fireteam" and once all 12 of you are in orbit start a crucible event and let it allocate a team to each fireteam.

edit, actually "challange fireteam" would be better

FyreWulff

something simple like, "invite fireteam" and once all 12 of you are in orbit start a crucible event and let it allocate a team to each fireteam.

That wouldn't be very Bungie, however. I think they'd do it once they had a way of doing it justice than just private shards of matchmaking configurations.

I'd imagine they would prefer users be able to select maps, modify the game parameters in interesting ways, etc etc.

How much do I time to do I have left to complete Moments of Triumph? The only requirement I am missing is 3 golden chests. Would be a shame to miss it for the easiest part, but I have no desire to find them.

Source?

Not that I don't believe you or anything. Just not sure where everyone is getting this info from. I've been out of the loop for a few days.

Top Bottom