• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Gaffers are just the best aren't they? Just got run through Crota HM and Skolas with the space of a couple of hours. My Triumph is complete. Thanks to you all!

LTWood12

Just realised with 2.0 dropping next week tomorrow will be our last Solar NF with the full power of Blackhammer and Gjallahorn

R.I.P Land Tank, Cerberus Vae and Gjallahorn/Blackhammer 2014-15

Edit they'll be loads of cheese, some actively hunted for and others stumbled upon

"It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday..."
11gif.gif

GutZ31

I'm actually really curious about how easy it will be to hit 40. Anyone ever figure out the max XP available in a day?

Previously, it has been possible to max level because of gear drops but that can't happen anymore.

Huh?
You can level pretty easy by doing Crucible and Strike Playlists, as well as all those bounties/quests, and even some packages give you 5000 exp.

It will be fairly quick to level to 40 from 34.

Gaffers are just the best aren't they? Just got run through Crota HM and Skolas with the space of a couple of hours. My Triumph is complete. Thanks to you all!
Are you, DaBooya?!

Acidote

I hope you guys didn't leave those sherpas too burn out, I still need my Skolas! And Crota, but that will be easier to get tomorrow :-D

Anyone up for a Skolas? Need it for the last Triumph. PSN ArkkAngel007.

Also, what was the thing Nami was working on in needing our Destiny/PSN tags?

Huh?
You can level pretty easy by doing Crucible and Strike Playlists, as well as all those bounties/quests, and even some packages give you 5000 exp.

Depends on how they scale it. It might not be the same as 19 > 20.

It took me 5 hours to get my titan to 20 - if the XP per level remains the same then sure it will be quick. But it might not be the same.

Huh?

Are you, DaBooya?!

With a live tag filled out in his profile, and no psn tag... I would hope not.

Dave_6

Since I've never gotten the Dead Orbit ship and probably won't before TTK, I hope they leave the old ships in the loot table cause the new one is blah.

zewone

Not calling anyone out, because I honestly don't know what the right answer is, but I'm fascinated that this stuff is still debated.

Surely there's a definitive answer (at least historically) about if it's necessary to edge Cryptarch?

The definitive answer is if you leave the Crpytarch packages in your post master without opening it until the TTK, when you do open it, it will be TTK engrams.

Just don't open the package, because the will roll the engrams at the time they are opened.

Namikaze1

Anyone up for a Skolas? Need it for the last Triumph. PSN ArkkAngel007.

Also, what was the thing Nami was working on in needing our Destiny/PSN tags?

This:
efgxrd2.jpg

"Hey Nami, how can I get in on this?"

It's simple, just PM me a pic of your emblem. Make sure it has you PSN ID / Gamertag on it.

"It looks like you're running out of room there. Will I actually get on it?"

Yes. I plan to expand the canvas to include as many as I can. That pic is also several hours old.

"it's small."

It'll be much bigger. Trust me.

"So how long do I have to give you a screenshot of my emblem?"

You have till September 6. After that, I am taking no more in.

GutZ31

Lol, search for him in PSN and see whose cheeky face comes up first

With a live tag filled out in his profile, and no psn tag... I would hope not.

Having done the Skolas kills with both individuals, I can confirm they are different people. Either that or DJ Booya can do an authentic British (?) accent.

I would like to think the great DJ Booya could pull off an authentic British accent if he wanted to!

From the videos they have showed, a level 35 player got over a fourth of a level up on 2800 exp.
Perfect! Now I know. Thanks.

Personally, that seems too fast. Instead of a journey to 40, it will just be a minor inconvenience before you can run the Nightfall. I'm sure most will disagree with on that though :)

Frenden

Banned
The definitive answer is if you leave the Crpytarch packages in your post master without opening it until the TTK, when you do open it, it will be TTK engrams.

Just don't open the package, because the will roll the engrams at the time they are opened.

Yeah. As Zewone and others have said, that's how it's worked in the past. I'm stocking up on Public Event and Cryptarch packages and edging factions.

Even mathematically, it made sense to have Crota be open immediately. The previous max was only 2 levels below the raid beginning, which meant the enemies at the end were 3 levels above the player. For ttk, we are going to be a substantial amount of light below the recommended light as well as 6 levels. It makes complete sense to hold back the raid for at least a couple weeks.

NM Crota starts at Lv30, same as vanilla max. Then it has Lv31 enemies at bridge and Lv32 at Death Singer and Scrota. The problem is that Scrota damage was locked behind your sword bearer's level so you had to grind your balls off to hit Lv31 before having a prayer of beating him.

It was ultimately a ruse that Nm CE was available at TDB launch. World's first clear required 7 team members (1 to grind while 6 raided, then sub in to run sword). Raid was available straight away but you had to do the stories, Patrol missions etc to unlock the NFall and start leveling up to Lv31. Scrota was Scrota from day 1.

Kalamari

Stop lying to yourself.
If it was a squid or octopus on top with tattered cloth, you wouldn't be saying any of this.

I think they only squid related reference I could be satisfied with is a Kraken.

Anyways, I am glad that you guys are looking forward to the wolf cloak. I hope it's not required for bonus IB rep.

Hey Drizz are you up for another Skolas or you have had enough for the day?

I can do another in like 10 minutes.

Are there any other newbies out there looking to run it?

I'd like to get the Triumphs done, but for an emblem, I'm holding off for now. My wife already can't stand the amount I talk in game (which is really minimal). Kids sleeping down the hall and all. I just don't know if I'll be able to get Skolas done without an "enrage is near" in the home.

Mic is completely optional for Skolas. Listening is required but talking is optional, even for first timers.

No, engrams will stay tied to the DLC it was earned in. I said to save engrams to level your Cryptarch rank - and that will get you a package with TTK gear.

You sure? I did that for HoW and both Bungie and others shot it down (and it didn't work).

Yeah. I thought packages would decrypt into whatever DLC they were earned in... I guess I'll save the packages either way juuuust in case.

SpecX

Mic is completely optional for Skolas. Listening is required but talking is optional, even for first timers.

I'm ready. I'll send you a fr now and send out the invite when ready.

Having done the Skolas kills with both individuals, I can confirm they are different people. Either that or DJ Booya can do an authentic British (?) accent.

Haha, no. I do wonder why he chose that name for his profile though. My brother gave me the idea for mine when xbox live came out for the original xbox!

NM Crota starts at Lv30, same as vanilla max. Then it has Lv31 enemies at bridge and Lv32 at Death Singer and Scrota. The problem is that Scrota damage was locked behind your sword bearer's level so you had to grind your balls off to hit Lv31 before having a prayer of beating him.

Oh damn. Are there level 32 enemies at the end? I never knew that. Always thought they maxed at 31. Interesting. Learn something new everyday.

Also, I'll be on later if you need someone to help you carry newbs through Skolas. I know you can carry double newbs, just offering my help if you need a body.

shamanick

If you have a spot I'd really appreciate a run. The last triumph that I need!

Edit: I am free all day

GutZ31

Haha, no. I do wonder why he chose that name for his profile though. My brother gave me the idea for mine when xbox live came out for the original xbox!

Adam Boyes was a Rap Battle Text'er on some forum, and it still puts a smile on my face to think about this.
His handle was DJ Booya.

LkPr

Would you be willing/able to run it later on this evening? Not sure what timezone you're in but I would love to run this around 9-10 EST tonight.

Poor Drizz, pray for him with the Skolas reset tomorrow

Edit if you want a hand in boosting a queue of players up to Skolas let me know, will take some of the weight of your back

Xbone destinyGAF, I need some help with trials tonight. My friend has never been to mercury and I'd like to get him there before year 2 starts. I either need a player/players capable of doing a carry or just a good confident 3rd player to play with us. We're not bad by any means but LFG just isn't cutting it.

We're probably looking to start around 7 or 8 pm eastern tonight, but I'm not entirely sure. Reply here or message me on xbox. GT is Zoso Achilles

Top Bottom