• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

stb

No, you can go ahead an rank up the cryptarch and save the packages is what I'm saying. Once you open them after TTK drops, the engrams will roll as TTK gear. You do NOT have to edge cryptarch rank to see this benefit.

Old engrams and Cryptarch/faction packages will always decrypt to old stuff.

They are getting their Cryptarch and factions right about to the next level. About to roll over. They way they are set to get new packages sorely into the game with new gear. They includes getting the Cryptarch right there, with a few engrams saved for launch. Decrypting those, Cryptarch rolls over, package - goodies.

Not calling anyone out, because I honestly don't know what the right answer is, but I'm fascinated that this stuff is still debated.

Surely there's a definitive answer (at least historically) about if it's necessary to edge Cryptarch?

DjRalford

Ok, I need just 3 trials wins on my card to get the gauntlets and reach 34, and I'm not the greatest in elimination.

Anyone able to help?

Wouldn't destiny benefit tremendously from having multi-player vehicle missions?

So can someone tell me mean why is there no three person Destiny "warthog" type of vehicle? You could go into a story mission with your two buddies: one person drives, the other person operates the cannon on the back and the third person sits in the passenger seat firing their primary/secondary/heavy at oncoming foes? Why can't Destiny have these kinds of experiences? Why are all the destiny vehicles single player only anyway? I wonder if the dreadnaught has it's own vehicles laying around in each area since you can't summon your own sparrow?

Or how about a Tank mission?

Would be so much better than doing the same thing with the Halo AI in single player... why aren't more people asking about this? Bungie used to be the master of vehicle missions too...

The more I've looked into the the more things point to Bungie just put Vehicles into Destiny as an obligation more than an inspiration.

I really really wish they would rebuff the Interceptor to it's Beta version since we aren't even getting any new vehicle maps, and combined arms will be the only way to use the thing.

That and the sound effect for the impact of that interceptor missile is just so unsatisfying. It used to be a boom/ga-chunk noise, but now it's closer to this little thwippp that makes me almost want to not use it for that reason alone.

LTWood12

Not calling anyone out, because I honestly don't know what the right answer is, but I'm fascinated that this stuff is still debated.

Surely there's a definitive answer (at least historically) about if it's necessary to edge Cryptarch?

There is a historically definitive answer, but people don't read other people's full posts and assume they mean one thing when they mean another.

Homeboyd

Yeah I honestly don't know the answer either (and if it worked in the past, doesn't mean it will now). But yes, it is understood that any package that is dropping gear will drop gear in the season it was earned in. This includes:

- Public Event Packages
- Faction Packages

But in the case of the Cryptarch, he's dropping engrams and those engrams aren't rolled (as far as I know), until you open his package. If you wait to open his package in TTK, the engrams should drop as TTK engrams, no? (I don't know, which is why I'm asking). Again, this is different than all of the other packages seeing as how the gear isn't dropping from the package directly.

LTWood12

Yeah I honestly don't know the answer either (and if it worked in the past, doesn't mean it will now). But yes, it is understood that any package that is dropping gear will drop gear in the season it was earned in. This includes:

- Public Event Packages
- Faction Packages

But in the case of the Cryptarch, he's dropping engrams and those engrams aren't rolled (as far as I know), until you open his package. If you wait to open his package in TTK, the engrams should drop as TTK engrams, no? (I don't know, which is why I'm asking). Again, this is different than all of the other packages seeing as how the gear isn't dropping from the package directly.

This is how it's worked up to now. They could have changed it for TTK, but historically, this is the way it's worked.

MrDaravon

Thanks for the VoG run. I had no idea until I looked that 4 of the 5 VoG armor pieces I was missing were Warlock lol. Got 2 of the 4 on that run, no weapons though. Also didn't realize I was missing a ton of weapons from VoG (Foil, Fatebringer, Sniper etc), wouldn't mind getting all of those at some point but less worried about those.

If anyone gets another full (or at least from Oracles/Templar) VoG going today hit me up, otherwise not gonna worry about it and hit people up tomorrow after the reset :)

zewone

That screenshot tells me that you encountered a Fireteam that accidentally wound up in Skirmish when they were trying to run a Dragon Strike. And your "teammate" was a Dreg from the Cosmodrome that somehow glitched into the match. Bungie needs to patch that shiznit.

That makes more sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

stb

- Public Event Packages
- Faction Packages

Do faction packages not ever drop engrams?

I know they usually just drop stuff directly, but I'm wondering if it's thing where if the package only contains non-engram items, all those items are for expansion that was live when the package dropped. If any of the items are engrams, the engram is effectively "generated" in the new expansion.

So it's less-specifically cryptarch vs factions as engrams vs not engrams (albeit you're more likely to get engrams from the cryptarch than faction packages).

Yeah, I feel weird whenever we talk about "edging" stuff. But I'm not sure how many people are aware of the terminology and how much of our own kinks we're exposing, here. =)

phen0m24

There is a historically definitive answer, but people don't read other people's full posts and assume they mean one thing when they mean another.

This. Any gear that drops from packages or engrams you save in the vault would be old. But if the packages drop engrams and they are opened/decrypted post-TTK then yeah.

Should have answered "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."

;)

X-Frame

Wouldn't destiny benefit tremendously from having multi-player vehicle missions?

So can someone tell me mean why is there no three person Destiny "warthog" type of vehicle? You could go into a story mission with your two buddies: one person drives, the other person operates the cannon on the back and the third person sits in the passenger seat firing their primary/secondary/heavy at oncoming foes? Why can't Destiny have these kinds of experiences? Why are all the destiny vehicles single player only anyway? I wonder if the dreadnaught has it's own vehicles laying around in each area since you can't summon your own sparrow?

Would be so much better than doing the same thing with the Halo AI in single player... why aren't more people asking about this? Bungie used to be the master of vehicle missions too...

Hell yes I wish Destiny had this. I only played Halo 3 once or twice and I remember how much I loved the portions of the campaign when I got into a vehicle and my brother/friend would ride with me. Coupled that with some epic music and destroying monsters together and it was awesome.

Seeing as how the Dreadnaught is no Sparrow allowed I assume we won't get any vehicles in there.

I hope Destiny 2 had a lot more vehicles and especially/possibly space fighting and being able to have multiple guardians occupy and operate a spaceship.

FyreWulff

I don't think vehicles are a priority for Bungie right now.

The more I've looked into the the more things point to Bungie just put Vehicles into Destiny as an obligation more than an inspiration.

I really really wish they would rebuff the Interceptor to it's Beta version since we aren't even getting any new vehicle maps, and combined arms will be the only way to use the thing.

That and the sound effect for the impact of that interceptor missile is just so unsatisfying. It used to be a boom/ga-chunk noise, but now it's closer to this little thwippp that makes me almost want to not use it for that reason alone.

I hope they come up with a new mission type that takes advantage of all that space. I neeeevvvveeerrrrrr play those maps anymore and they're so pretty.

:(

stb

I see the raid being held back a week.

I've been reading the pages from overnight, and this reminded me.

I thought we've known for a while the raid wasn't going to be available until about a week after TTK launches, so I'm confused by today's confusion?

Or did I make that up, and this is actually new info?

Homeboyd

Do faction packages not ever drop engrams?

I know they usually just drop stuff directly, but I'm wondering if it's thing where if the package only contains non-engram items, all those items are for expansion that was live when the package dropped. If any of the items are engrams, the engram is effectively "generated" in the new expansion.

So it's less-specifically cryptarch vs factions as engrams vs not engrams (albeit you're more likely to get engrams from the cryptarch than faction packages).
I've never seen a faction package of any kind drop an engram. Only the Cryptarch's packages for which you always get engrams in my experience.

Namikaze1

I honestly don't see any reason in delaying hard mode when Luke said that when they got around making the new raid, they started off with doing the hard mode version.

Yesterday was a pretty good day for loot drops. I got the Hopscotch Pilgrim, the Ram, The Fourth Horsemen, The Summoner, Eye of Sol, Lord of Wolves, and another Messenger within 3 hours. I say that's pretty good considering I have been playing for less than a month. All of this happens when I start classes again >_>

Tecnniqe

Banned
I honestly don't see any reason in delaying hard mode when Luke said that when they got around making the new raid, they started off with doing the hard mode version.

mind-blown.gif

Trakan

Apparently Bungie has a team of playtesters tasked with finding cheese. The team's codename? Velveeta.

I know. One team is nothing compared to thousands of players.

I see a huge reason. It has the best rewards so they don't want people to cheese it like pushing Atheon off with grenades. Just because they did Hard mode first doesn't mean it won't be buggy as shit.

I know. One team is nothing compared to thousands of players.

I see a huge reason. It has the best rewards so they don't want people to cheese it like pushing Atheon off with grenades. Just because they did Hard mode first doesn't mean it won't be buggy as shit.
Yeah, from what my friends told me, VoG used to be incredibly cheesy with the exploits. I honestly hope that's not the case so everyone has a chance to be on equal footing.

Homeboyd

Player participation spikes designed around "events" occurring in Destiny I would guess. Give people a couple weeks to play TTK release content. Drop the raid for players to "return"... drop hard mode later to do the same. Won't make a difference to us who play regularly, but any sort of "event" like that probably sees a spike in returning players to try the new "thing."

Just realised with 2.0 dropping next week tomorrow will be our last Solar NF with the full power of Blackhammer and Gjallahorn

R.I.P Land Tank, Cerberus Vae and Gjallahorn/Blackhammer 2014-15

Edit they'll be loads of cheese, some actively hunted for and others stumbled upon

broony

Is there any advantage to not dismantling legendary gear I don't want now? I remember them saying don't dismantle anything yet but then I think I read that current legendary gear is just going to dismantle into the same stuff they currently do.

What is the over under for you hitting 40 on launch day?

Lunch?

Noon?

11:15?

;)
I'm actually really curious about how easy it will be to hit 40. Anyone ever figure out the max XP available in a day?

Previously, it has been possible to max level because of gear drops but that can't happen anymore.

FyreWulff

Is there any advantage to not dismantling legendary gear I don't want now? I remember them saying don't dismantle anything yet but then I think I read that current legendary gear is just going to dismantle into the same stuff they currently do.

Only keep it if you want to use it for regular Crucible and it has features you like. Otherwise get yo motes

I'm actually really curious about how easy it will be to hit 40. Anyone ever figure out the max XP available in a day?

Previously, it has been possible to max level because of gear drops but that can't happen anymore.

80,000 a day, 16 slots with all 5,000 bounties in theory. IIRC 80k is how much it takes to go from 1-20 currently / get a mote of light.

Top Bottom