• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Maybe it's a raid mechanic. One guardian gets blinded with a sack over their head and the rest of the fireteam have to guide them. Thinking very much of the blindfolded datto raid

Or maybe it's a debuff like the Devouring Essence? You have 30 seconds to pass the hat between fireteam members before killing yourself out of shame and self-loathing? Anything is possible.

I didn't think I'd be so excited to see the Queen again, but I am. She looks awesome.

Kinda looks like her brother
gets blow up in the CG cinematic, which I'm A-OKAY with.

The Crow is just misunderstood. He's probably an alright dude. How would you feel if your older sister ran the joint and treated you like a personal slave? I imagine I would have a little chip on my shoulder as well. Except I would never allow my older sister treat me like that. I'd burn her Barbies and step on her My Little Pony dolls.

Izuna

Banned
Hey so,

Me and Ve3tro are waiting to do trials, but we need one more for Xbox One...

I'm a vet, but it's his first time playing trials. We should be good to go flawless. Anyone in?

zewone

nah this is probably a rare or legendary. This used a similar model to TLW

Desitny-House-of-Wolves-her-mercy-hand-cannon.png

What makes the silver one look like Y2TLW is the design on the side. It's missing the rest of the details though.

f1h7nsl73li5kc36g.jpg

Y2TLW still looks gold and black to me.

zZHJCT9.png

Lnkn52

The Crow is just misunderstood. He's probably an alright dude. How would you feel if your older sister ran the joint and treated you like a personal slave? I imagine I would have a little chip on my shoulder as well. Except I would never allow my older sister treat me like that. I'd burn her Barbies and step on her My Little Pony dolls.

Just like anything in the world. I wouldn't judge until you walked a mile in his shoes.

GutZ31

I thought those were yours though...

Crow's just tired of people's shit and doesn't trust anyone. I empathize with him.

Xbone destinyGAF, I need some help with trials tonight. My friend has never been to mercury and I'd like to get him there before year 2 starts. I either need a player/players capable of doing a carry or just a good confident 3rd player to play with us. We're not bad by any means but LFG just isn't cutting it.

We're probably looking to start around 7 or 8 pm eastern tonight, but I'm not entirely sure. Reply here or message me on xbox. GT is Zoso Achilles

Hey I'm down to help if you need one. I went 8-1 on Friday but haven't tried since.

Deku Tree

3 million copies in 1 month basically. Has to be doing pretty well at this point.

And that doesn't include bundles, and it's only considering retail (not counting digital) and it's only in the USA NPD region. Word in the NPD holiday thread was that Destiny did another million in retail NPD in December. Yeah I'd say it's doing well.

I suck at PVP but need those Marks to get things like Dead Orbit armor

any way to grind PVP for marks?

I don't enjoy PVP at all when all I do is die every few seconds, I spend most of the time respawning :(

Good news and Bad new.

Bad: That's the only way you can get PvP for marks currently. 6 for a win, 2 for a loss.
Good:
  1. It used to be 2 for a loss and 3 marks for a win, and they doubled it a few months back!
  2. There's going to be a HUGE weapon balance happening 8 days from now. A lot of OP stuff getting nerfed, and some not as good stuff getting buffed. Crucible is going to get a lot more fun then!
  3. Also, lots of new weapons coming out with TTK on Sept 15th.
  4. Final good news, Vanguard and Crucible marks are turning into ONE, Legendary Marks!!! You earn those in both PvE and PvP when TTK hits :D

I'd first suggest a "camping" mentality and trying to shoot things from afar. If you tried that and it still doesn't work and you really have no fun, then I'd wait until the Weapons 2.0 patch hits on Sept 8th.

flkraven

I'm finally catching up on the Lingering Questions podcast from GI. Some great stuff in here. Their thoughts on level/light level sounds great, and exactly in line with my initial problems with the game.

-Your earned level is what is shown (40)
-Recommended light level isn't a hard gate. Light level 180 recommended can easily be tried by level 173, and increasing your light level slightly won't feel like a massive power increase.
-Criticizes the year 1 problems of leaving friends behind because they didn't have gjallarhorn or were 1 level below you.
-Instead of big jumps in level/power caused by one piece of gear that can only be acquired doing 1 thing, it's a steadier climb but with a series of mountains for players to climb and do together.

Sounds like a dream come true.

Good news and Bad new.

Bad: That's the only way you can get PvP for marks currently. 6 for a win, 2 for a loss.
Good:
  1. It used to be 1 for a loss and 3 marks for a win, and they doubled it a few months back!
  2. There's going to be a HUGE weapon balance happening 8 days from now. A lot of OP stuff getting nerfed, and some not as good stuff getting buffed. Crucible is going to get a lot more fun then!
  3. Also, lots of new weapons coming out with TTK on Sept 15th.
  4. Final good news, Vanguard and Crucible marks are turning into ONE, Legendary Marks!!! You earn those in both PvE and PvP when TTK hits :D

I'd first suggest a "camping" mentality and trying to shoot things from afar. If you tried that and it still doesn't work and you really have no fun, then I'd wait until the Weapons 2.0 patch hits on Sept 8th.

Isn't it 4 for a loss, 6 for a win?

Hey so,

Me and Ve3tro are waiting to do trials, but we need one more for Xbox One...

I'm a vet, but it's his first time playing trials. We should be good to go flawless. Anyone in?
My friend should be home from work in 2 hours, so if you're still on then would you be down to play with him? His GT is RoccoDX

bitsurugi

Thanks Boguester and Bitsurugi for the Skolas Triumph! That was super fun. Next time I'll try not to die so much. >_>

Now what's left is Crota's End...

But first I also gotta 100% Ground Zeroes. *GSSSSSSH GSHGSHGSH*

Man, you did super well, for your 1st time ever and... most of all... as a 32! Congratz! :)

GhaleonEB

And that doesn't include bundles, and it's only considering retail (not counting digital) and it's only in the USA NPD region. Word in the NPD holiday thread was that Destiny did another million in retail NPD in December. Yeah I'd say it's doing well.

And it stayed in the US charts for months after the new year (and has spent most of this year in the top 10 in the UK, as a point of reference). Huge launch, strong legs after.

flkraven

I haven't been able to keep up with the forum. Has anyone talked about the new achievements/trophies being revealed?

From here:

Looks incredibly easy, other than being time gated.

Well 3 class specific ones definitely mean that it is inevitable for the hardcores, but a bit tougher for casual destiny players.

flkraven

I'm doing work training while trying to watch/listen to this game informer podcast. All of a sudden the work training has audio too. Dammit. Which do I listen to?

Top Bottom