• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

flkraven

ok!

Yeah love that Bubble Shield :3

Why use 1 when you can have 3. Also, notice that someone still managed to die.

UzbiPKu.jpg

Also, my super was active so I could have bubbled again lol.

So true. When juggling my classes, I always seem to kill myself with the warlock jump.

if this is a known issue could they give the warlock a better jump?

I like the jumping and floating aspect of this game a lot might not enjoy the warlock if it lacks the ability or worst at it

flkraven

if this is a known issue could they give the warlock a better jump?

I like the jumping and floating aspect of this game a lot might not enjoy the warlock if it lacks the ability or worst at it

He floats/hovers, but doesn't have the initial boost that the Titan has. So if you don't double tap jump quickly you don't get any height.

GlamFM

Banned
Damn does it take long to max out a class!

Maxed out Warlock (almost there) and Hunter (not even started) is all I need to be a Guardian Lord.

But damn does it take long!

Kalamari

Still waiting on that NLB, that club is more exclusive than gjallarhorn.

I would probably have it if I didn't take so many breaks from playing.

Why use 1 when you can have 3. Also, notice that someone still managed to die.

UzbiPKu.jpg

Also, my super was active so I could have bubbled again lol.

I just ended up grinding with 1
Titan Defender got up to level 31 so far

I don't have the 2 DLCs and took an extended break, I wanted to try the other two classes but wow at the time I need to give them

how many hours could it take to get to level 20 anyway?

I know we get 1 special item for TTK to boost level but I understand you can only boost 1 guardian?

Frenden

Banned
I spent so many motes rerolling. I was a rerolling addict before HoW dropped, even. I had six OG Timur's Lash rolls before all guns were rerollable.

I have several "perfect" rolls on multiple Hopscotch, Benevolence, Radeghast, Matador, Party Crasher, and others, but I am bone-stock-dead-out-of-motes.

I think I got down to 50 motes before they announced no guns would carry over. Been saving since.

Somehow ended up in the OT 28... Whoops.

I just had two DestinyLFG Crota trys die after a few minutes for people having to leave.

Any GAFers looking to do PS4 Crota's End Normal Fresh?

I can't play now but could help a quick NM CE later, it's very easy with an experienced team (or even just 2+ experienced folks).

Although I mainly wanted to reply to say that Spelunky is f'ing awesome.

Homeboyd

I just ended up grinding with 1
Titan Defender got up to level 31 so far

I don't have the 2 DLCs and took an extended break, I wanted to try the other two classes but wow at the time I need to give them

how many hours could it take to get to level 20 anyway?

I know we get 1 special item for TTK to boost level but I understand you can only boost 1 guardian?
Yeah the boost will get you to level 25 immediately. 25-40 is all on you as is leveling the subclasses.

I went from 0-34 and maxed an entire subclass in around 24 hours. This is before and after work, gym, etc.. so probably 8-10 game time total. Granted I had some help power leveling through missions, I had red bull codes, and I had some exotics, armor cores, and etherics to dump into this new class already waiting for me.

GlamFM

Banned
Warlocks have the best jump at least to me, They are easily on par with the titan jump.

Absolutely not. The Titan jump allows for corrections in mid-air. You can double jump in mid-air! When you realize your Warlock wont make a jump you´re just screwed.

Titan jump is far, FAR superior.

EDIT: Blink is kind of fun, but also entirely useless in PvE.

So... TITAN

732 Motes
1077 Coins
48 Network Keys
75 Silken Codex
102 Axiomatic Beads
197 House Banners

1 Partridge - Pear Tree

Crazy!

hey guys i need some advice, i left my titan @29 when i stopped playing destiny. my question is, should i get back in right now? i havent done the dlcs yet. or should i wait for TTK and overhaul to maximize the xp earnings when i go through the story/dlc?

thanks in advance

Homeboyd

Are the ascendant shards and energies useful for anything or should I just convert them to Motes?
They seem to only be useful for conversion to motes/glimmer at the moment (except of course upgrading vog armor and weapons which you shouldn't be doing anymore). I wouldn't expect Bungie to come back anytime soon (or ever) to make those materials worth more than they are now in terms of conversion rates. It seems motes will carry forward in terms of usefulness, raid materials will not outside of conversions. Having said that, if you don't currently need any motes, why convert? Inventory space is about to increase on your character and those mats don't have a stack limit.

hey guys i need some advice, i left my titan @29 when i stopped playing destiny. my question is, should i get back in right now? i havent done the dlcs yet. or should i wait for TTK and overhaul to maximize the xp earnings when i go through the story/dlc?

thanks in advance

collect Armor Cores from PoE 32 with your best characters, then switch to your Titan and let him buy Variks Lvl 34 Armor to rank him up using those Armor Cores

buy Vendor armor with the Marks that your Titan has for the reminder pieces, you won't be 34 but you may get to 32, 33

Iron Banner is still up, you can easily get and piece of Armor today

GlamFM

Banned
I don't have any of those but I plan on doing the raid for the first time this week so I'll hold onto them.

Hold on to them.

The Vision of Confluence and the Fatebringer are amazing weapons.

Basically still the best PvE primaries in the game.

Anastasis

thanks in advance

I would wait. If you play now, you are leveling up only through armor that will be obsolete in 2 weeks. I don't know if grinding now to get 5 more levels is worth it. And at 29 you can play the Taken King content right off the bat and get armor and weapons that will be better than anything anyone has right now.

talked with hudson about it yesterday, but i wanted to get more opinions.

is it scumbag to crouch and stalk around in Crucible? Yes, I was shotty'ing people, and was also doing it to more easily get Iron Wrath.
what's the prevailing sentiment?

scumbag/not scumbag?

Sheeit almost prevailed unbroken with 27 kills in a control match but got nova bombed in the very last second. Also they need medals for 20 and 25 kill streaks.

Wow, talk about RNG luck.

First time doing VoG and this guy gets fatebringer and a vex. FFS.

RNG loves you kuriyo88

Now go buy a lottery ticket!

The key is to have Nav die as much as possible. I started the counter at the templar and I got to 15. Even Gaz couldn't do that :p

thanks in advance

I think there is a year 1 reward deadline today to hit level 30

if you do not have the 2 DLCs you must hit level 30 with 1 guardian to get that special TTK year 1 rewards

I have 300/400 motes at the min. If Xur doesn't sell the ram this weekend and he has helmet engrams I will have 0 motes come Sunday reset. It's the last exotic I need for full collection

is it scumbag to crouch and stalk around in Crucible? Yes, I was shotty'ing people, and was also doing it to more easily get Iron Wrath.

scumbag/not scumbag?

It's annoying but not scummy as long as you are moving around. It gets scummy if you just camp a corner crouched the entire time. That's just my take though.

LTWood12

scumbag/not scumbag?

If you have to ask.....

the answer is always scumbag.

Top Bottom