• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

talked with hudson about it yesterday, but i wanted to get more opinions.

is it scumbag to crouch and stalk around in Crucible? Yes, I was shotty'ing people, and was also doing it to more easily get Iron Wrath.
what's the prevailing sentiment?

scumbag/not scumbag?

There's no such thing as "scumbag" when using in-game mechanics.

The only scumbag moves are cheating, using lag switches, t-bagging for no reason, etc. I don't even care if people clip out for their final round snipe. I'll make fun of them and I can't wait for that nerf but it's still a valid strategy (and not that hard to counter). It's Bungie's fault for having broken things in the game. Players play to win, that's it.

Haha no, each Titan can only have one active at a time. If you already have a bubble up but fill your super in time, you can pop it aga in but it will make the other bubble go away.

there is a way to keep bubble going to pop another in time, that sounds sweet

Is there a way to shoot outside while still inside one?

sorry for all the noob questions took a long break not sure of what changes were made to the game

I was a loot cave lover was so heart broken :(

rc213

Is it scumbag to do nothing but run around grabbing all the special and camp their heavy with nova bombs against a group of blink shotgunners and watch them go crazy as they lose. =P

It was an amazing win.

Deku Tree

The only scumbag moves are cheating, using lag switches, t-bagging for no reason, etc. I don't even care if people clip out for their final round snipe. I'll make fun of them and I can't wait for that nerf but it's still a valid strategy (and not that hard to counter). It's Bungie's fault for having broken things in the game. Players play to win, that's it.

Final Round snipers in PvP and emptying your clip to get there is "full scumbag" IMO.
Meant in a joking non serious way.

LTWood12

^only a scumbag would way that/Kappa

image.php

which gauntlets are these?

Anastasis

For stacking bounties, I may start up a the100 group to tackle 5k heroic story bounties the day they are available. I figure those may be the fastest 5k bounties to finish if you had a team of three. I don't know how many of them are in the bounty rotation though. Thoughts?

Socat

Hey folks, trying out this DestinyGAF stuff for the first time. A friend and I are trying to complete the Year One "Achievement" before TTK, and just need to complete Atheon on Hard mode, and Prison of Elders 35. We both play on Xbox One, he has a 34 Defender Titan and I would be bringing my 32 Hunter, which I usually play as Gunslinger. We are both available weeknights after about 5:30 PM until 12 AM Central time. Weekends are pretty hit or miss.

Any help getting Atheon done , and maybe some POE runs to get myself to 34 to make Skolas possible would be much appreciated. PM me with any questions

Ophelion

Absolutely not. The Titan jump allows for corrections in mid-air. You can double jump in mid-air! When you realize your Warlock wont make a jump you´re just screwed.

Titan jump is far, FAR superior.

I really need to start recording the shenanigans the Warlock jump allows me to get up to. I feel like it's a really misunderstood tool that has a lot of PvE applications that people don't exploit nearly enough.

And as your typical snooty Warlock, I read the bolded and thought, Ah, so Titan mains don't look before they leap. That explains so much.
I'm just joking, please don't pummel me, Titans!

For stacking bounties, I may start up a the100 group to tackle 5k heroic story bounties the day they are available. I figure those may be the fastest 5k bounties to finish if you had a team of three. I don't know how many of them are in the bounty rotation though. Thoughts?

I take it you mean the vanguard bounties? Somedays you get 3 pop, others none. I think I've got every single boss checkpointed, eye of the gate Lord is the best, load in activate plate, kill boss, boot to orbit

JayHayabusa

Is there any info on whether we equip the Exotic class item that boosts XP it takes out the exotic slot allotment for gear? Like you can not equip another Exotic Helmet or boots for example?

I really need to start recording the shenanigans the Warlock jump allows me to get up to. I feel like it's a really misunderstood tool that has a lot of PvE applications that people don't exploit nearly enough.

And as your typical snooty Warlock, I read the bolded and thought, Ah, so Titan mains don't look before they leap. That explains so much.
I'm just joking, please don't pummel me, Titans!

Titan's can't pummel anything 6 inches in front of them. You're fine :p

Is there any info on whether we equip the Exotic class item that boosts XP it takes out the exotic slot allotment for gear? Like you can not equip another Exotic Helmet or boots for example?

Exotics for Year 2 are only equipable at level 40, so I'm guessing these will be equippable at a very low level and wouldn't compete for a slot.

I'm with you. I told him to do what he has to do. Personally I don't have the patience, so more power to ya.

collect Armor Cores from PoE 32 with your best characters, then switch to your Titan and let him buy Variks Lvl 34 Armor to rank him up using those Armor Cores

buy Vendor armor with the Marks that your Titan has for the reminder pieces, you won't be 34 but you may get to 32, 33

Iron Banner is still up, you can easily get and piece of Armor today

I would wait. If you play now, you are leveling up only through armor that will be obsolete in 2 weeks. I don't know if grinding now to get 5 more levels is worth it. And at 29 you can play the Taken King content right off the bat and get armor and weapons that will be better than anything anyone has right now.

I think there is a year 1 reward deadline today to hit level 30

if you do not have the 2 DLCs you must hit level 30 with 1 guardian to get that special TTK year 1 rewards

damn it, this is a tough choice. i think i remember that deadline thing but forgot about it which im regretting now.

thanks for the replies

Anastasis

I take it you mean the vanguard bounties? Somedays you get 3 pop, others none. I think I've got every single boss checkpointed, eye of the gate Lord is the best, load in activate plate, kill boss, boot to orbit

How do you save the checkpoints? Just during the week? Does it reset?

Kalamari

Hey folks, trying out this DestinyGAF stuff for the first time. A friend and I are trying to complete the Year One "Achievement" before TTK, and just need to complete Atheon on Hard mode, and Prison of Elders 35. We both play on Xbox One, he has a 34 Defender Titan and I would be bringing my 32 Hunter, which I usually play as Gunslinger. We are both available weeknights after about 5:30 PM until 12 AM Central time. Weekends are pretty hit or miss.

Any help getting Atheon done , and maybe some POE runs to get myself to 34 to make Skolas possible would be much appreciated. PM me with any questions

Welcome! Even though we have mostly ps4 players here, we do have quite a few Xbox One'ers as well. It never hurts to keep an eye on the thread for raids or PoE, also don't be shy about posting to get a group, the thread moves pretty fast sometimes.

talked with hudson about it yesterday, but i wanted to get more opinions.

is it scumbag to crouch and stalk around in Crucible? Yes, I was shotty'ing people, and was also doing it to more easily get Iron Wrath.
what's the prevailing sentiment?

scumbag/not scumbag?

Not scummy, but frowned upon. I get annoyed when people do it. It just feels kind of cheap. It's basically camping.

Socat

Welcome! Even though we have mostly ps4 players here, we do have quite a few Xbox One'ers as well. It never hurts to keep an eye on the thread for raids of PoE, also don't be shy about posting to get a group, the thread moves pretty fast sometimes.

I've definitely noticed that. Hopefully some kind soul will be able to help out eventually :)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
anyone willing to help me run POE 34? I have a level 32 hunter and a level 33 warlock.

vctor182

Is someone working on a small video montage featuring cool all year 1 legendaries like fatebringer and gjally with the See You Again song in the background??

How do you save the checkpoints? Just during the week? Does it reset?

Once you kill the boss for the bounty, just go straight to orbit without completing the mission. Next time you can resume the mission from a CP right before the boss. It never resets unless you actually finish the mission and see the "Mission Completed" screen.

edit: beaten like Crota for the 1000th time

It's annoying but not scummy as long as you are moving around. It gets scummy if you just camp a corner crouched the entire time. That's just my take though.
i'm moving around. i don't just sit and hid in alcoves and the like. :)
If you have to ask.....
the answer is always scumbag.
so if i did it on my Vita, would it be ok?
jk :D
that's how i feel about it, too.
I play PVP on a Vita. I am the sole authority of scumbaggia.
so you do it to? ;-)
I'm with you. I told him to do what he has to do. Personally I don't have the patience, so more power to ya.
i find it forces me to slow my game play down and set up the confrontations in ways that obv are to my advantage
Not scummy, but frowned upon. I get annoyed when people do it. It just feels kind of cheap. It's basically camping.
kinda like what slammin referenced, i don't just sit in one spot. i move around and ambush people - mostly when i have my HMG ammo.

i got to thinking about it, and was feeling somewhat ok with doing it over the past couple days and was thinking, well, i haven't gotten any hatemail for it... but then i realized, i set my privacy to receive messages from friends only... now i will never know...

Izuna

Banned
Took VE3TRO through trials. WAS HIS FIRST EVER TRIALS

Went 9-0 first fucking try.

Boss ass ballar ass LFG dude helped out with no mic.

VE3TRO you lucky bitch. Was so fun.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
1qPcWxm.gif

LOLOLOL.

That shit was fucking insane. Trials Virgin and went 9-0. izunadono and a guy called dezity did the hard work but man what a ride. We had 1 match quit before we started and another team half way through a match quit leaving 1 guy.

Time for a partay!

8bsCA6.jpg

LTWood12

Scumbag means different things to different people. It seems like people use it in reference to anyone using weapons or abilities that are part of the current meta. By that standard, in PVP I normally rock an exotic Hand Cannon (Hawkmoon & occassionally Thorn), Felwinter's Lie w/ Final Round/Hammer Forged/Shot Package, a G&H Launcher. I camp. I use the Ram. I play on a Vita.

I am Warlock.
I am scumbag.

Biggy

1qPcWxm.gif

LOLOLOL.

That shit was fucking insane. Trials Virgin and went 9-0. izunadono and a guy called dezity did the hard work but man what a ride. We had 1 match quit before we started and another team half way through a match quit leaving 1 guy.

Time for a partay!

8bsCA6.jpg
Congrats!!!

Kalamari

Does anyone get the feeling that Exotic armor stats might become fixed? I mean, the way the exotic blueprint system seems to be, it would unnecessarily complicate things if stats continued to be variable.

Trials Virgin and went 9-0. izunadono and a guy called dezity did the hard work but man what a ride. We had 1 match quit before we started and another team half way through a match quit leaving 1 guy.

Time for a partay!

Man I wish i was good at PVP.awesome job though! With TTK, ill try PVP again. and look for armor that will work with my hunter!

Top Bottom