• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

phen0m24

You're being punished by RNGesus, cause you're wicked.

Dinosaurs say the strangest things... :p

I exclusively use NLB... Thorn is good but, it conditions people to keep their head out thinking they can survive a single headshot at mid range. No one expects to be taken out in less than 0.3s.

Thorn nerf is going to make Ill Will and NLB fucking beast...

I can't wait to eventually run with you Cobalt. I want to watch the NLB/Ill Will wreckage in action. The sentence about Ill Will being beast in Trials (after your comments earlier today) had got to mind blow many here. :) Ill Will?
Sharded so many times

I'd rather have a newbie or at least someone that wants the loot take this spot but I can join in a few if needed to just be done w it. Nothing I hate more than folks getting stuck on Skolas.

Dude he has wife enrage issues too! Ahhh remembers the days when lunlunqq would be like "Wife enrage! Gotta go!" Lol

I wish I was at home right now and could join you.

If JohnOfMars/Epyon is on, get him to roll with you...he needs a good Trials experience.

I could go for some Trials if you don't mind slummin it playing on Playstation lol :D

Who wants to Trials? I need to clobber some people right about now

I'll be on later tonight after 8 if any of y'all are still trialsing.

I appreciate the advice from all of you.

Dude he has wife enrage issues too! Ahhh remembers the days when lunlunqq would be like "Wife enrage! Gotta go!" Lol

Haha of course, those were the days. How many of the Fun Runners will be back in action for TTK? Can't wait to give that new raid a spin.

It's been 15+ minutes since I posted so hopefully they found a 3rd and wife enrage didn't force a permanent wipe for that run...

I could go for some Trials if you don't mind slummin it playing on Playstation lol :D

Hahaha I don't mind at all! Getting my Warlock ready

I wish I was at home right now and could join you.

If JohnOfMars/Epyon is on, get him to roll with you...he needs a good Trials experience.

I'll check, thanks!

Edit:

I'll be on later tonight after 8 if any of y'all are still trialsing.

I appreciate the advice from all of you.

Sounds good, feel free to post/message when you're available

Another quick question here folks: How much of this FAQ is relevant for TTK?

FAQ
Q: If I don't have the first two expansions, can I play The Taken King?
A: The Dark Below and House of Wolves expansions are both required to play The Taken King. All three expansions are included in the Legendary and Collector's editions of the game.

Q: If I buy one of the editions early, will I be able to play the content?
A: Yes, you will be able to play the original game and the expansions prior to the launch of The Taken King.

Q: What happens to my Character Level in The Taken King?
A: Your Light Level from Year One wil be grandfathered in as your new Character Level. Whether you are a Level 29 or 34, you will start the expansion with that level intact.

Q: How do I level up in The Taken King?
A: Your Character Level is no longer attached to gear. Anything you do in the world will contribute experience towards ranking your character up to the level cap.

Q: What is the new Light Leveling system and how do I find more Light?
A: Your Light Level is an average of your Weapon Attack and Armor Defense stats. This includes every piece of gear that you have equipped. To increase your light, find and equip more powerful gear. In Year One, Light Level increases occured simultaneously with your Character Level. In Year Two however your Light Level will increase more granuarly, making differences in power between you and your enemies more manegable.

Q: Can I upgrade my old Legendaries and Exotics again?
A: Year One Legendaries will not be upgradeable. Some Exotics will have Year Two versions with new talents available for purchase once you have unlocked its original version. More Year One Exotics will be included in this pool over time.

Q: Can I transfer my characters to another system?
A: PS3 players can move their characters over to PS4, and Xbox 360 players can move their characters over to Xbox One. You cannot however move your Playstation character over to Xbox, or vice versa.

Q: Am I still able to transfer to a new console for free?
A: No, the free upgrade is no longer valid.

Q: Is an online subscription required to play Destiny?
A: An Xbox Live Gold membership is required to play Destiny on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. A Playstation Plus membership is not required on PS3; however, it is required for every activity on PS4 except for the Story and Patrol modes.

Q: Will The Taken King have no Trophies and Achievements?
A: Yes.

Q: How much storage space do I need to play Destiny?
A: PS4 and Xbox One require a minimum 40GB of storage; PS3 and Xbox 360 require a minimum 20GB of storage. Additional storage may be required for some updates and features.

Q: What framerate and resolution does Destiny run at?
A: 1080p at 30FPS

Q: Does Destiny support Splitscreen play?
A: Nope.

X-Frame

Haha of course, those were the days. How many of the Fun Runners will be back in action for TTK? Can't wait to give that new raid a spin.

It's been 15+ minutes since I posted so hopefully they found a 3rd and wife enrage didn't force a permanent wipe for that run...

I think so far everyone except Hood -- his new house is being built and it won't be ready until early next year unfortunately. Until then he is staying somewhere with basically dial-up internet, poor guy!

phen0m24

Well you me and X are here. I haven't seen Lun online in I don't know how long and Scarlet? Who knows what he's up to! Hoodbury is now Old Farmer Hoodbury (I think) but heck he might still have Internet in the South 40. ;)

We better reconvene or me and X may form a mutiny. :p

LTWood12

Did somebody say Ill Will?
A8P2Qdn.jpg

X-Frame

lol she has a pokemon, mine is a character from stormlight archive!

Okay, avatars are bugging out for me on mobileGAF. Before you definitely had Math's avatar and she actually had Tyler's. Now you have a different avatar of some cartoon military type guy, who I don't recognize from SA because I read it too -- the heck is going on, haha.

Well you me and X are here. I haven't seen Lun online in I don't know how long and Scarlet? Who knows what he's up to! Hoodbury is now Old Farmer Hoodbury (I think) but heck he might still have Internet in the South 40. ;)

Scarlet messaged me last week actually saying he picked up Gjallarhorn, I'm assuming from Xur but he didn't say or respond when I replied back to him, haha. He seems to be coming and going.

Took VE3TRO through trials. WAS HIS FIRST EVER TRIALS

Went 9-0 first fucking try.

Boss ass ballar ass LFG dude helped out with no mic.

VE3TRO you lucky bitch. Was so fun.

Nice one! And massive congrats to ve3tro!!!! :) I bet the view looks nice from there :)

Boy do I wish I could have got on tonight! :)

Izuna

Banned
isn't Ill Will a timur's lash clone? how will the meta change cause it to rise to prominence?

It has better range than Timur's (as opposed to better reload, which you don't need if you have a hand cannon perk). Timur's range is bad enough it isn't useful.

A good roll on an Ill Will is JUST as useful as a Thorn about 70% of the time, if not better since it kills straight away. People don't even feel the first shot hit them I find, so I run it in Rumble.

But the point is, if the range isn't nerfed enough on HCs, Ill Will is so comparable to Thorn it's almost the same thing.

The Fulcrum is baller too, but sadly it doesn't ever 2 shot high Armour Titans and Warlocks (Ram), making it useless for a game like trials. That and it has one more bullet in the chamber.

Once Thorn is not as useful, people won't look for perfect HC rolls, they will just switch to the next best Exotic. If trials runs before TTK after the patch, then the better players will still be just as good. I will love the NLB changes.

Don't quote me on this but I don't think they do, it registered a projectile and doesn't count toward bounty progress, I THINK, it's been a while since I ran a gunslinger, but I think that's what I remember.

This was my memory as well, that they didn't count for the Iron Banner melee kill bounty. But I don't play GSlinger either.

SoulClap

I recently got my hunter to 33, would anyone be able to help with the Nightfall before the reset? PSN is the same as my username. Thanks.

I think so far everyone except Hood -- his new house is being built and it won't be ready until early next year unfortunately. Until then he is staying somewhere with basically dial-up internet, poor guy!

Right on, right on. Hopefully they find their way back to Destiny-land.

Reminds me of all the different iterations my reset raid group has been through, so many people have come and gone by now. Always bums me out when good people leave the game since I know I won't get to hang w them much anymore. Curious to see if any familiar faces return w TTK.

It has better range than Timur's (as opposed to better reload, which you don't need if you have a hand cannon perk). Timur's range is bad enough it isn't useful.

A good roll on an Ill Will is JUST as useful as a Thorn about 70% of the time, if not better since it kills straight away. People don't even feel the first shot hit them I find, so I run it in Rumble.

But the point is, if the range isn't nerfed enough on HCs, Ill Will is so comparable to Thorn it's almost the same thing.

The Fulcrum is baller too, but sadly it doesn't ever 2 shot high Armour Titans and Warlocks (Ram), making it useless for a game like trials. That and it has one more bullet in the chamber.

Once Thorn is not as useful, people won't look for perfect HC rolls, they will just switch to the next best Exotic. If trials runs before TTK after the patch, then the better players will still be just as good. I will love the NLB changes.

The range on Ill Will is only slightly better than Timur's Lash, basically negligible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ted_new_vendor_armor_weapons_and_exotics_and/

X-Frame

Right on, right on. Hopefully they find their way back to Destiny-land.

Reminds me of all the different iterations my reset raid group has been through, so many people have come and gone by now. Always bums me out when good people leave the game since I know I won't get to hang w them much anymore. Curious to see if any familiar faces return w TTK.

I agree! Btw, sent you a PSN message from my phone so not sure if you saw it, but is 7:30 EST or so still good for you for a Skolas run?

On the way home now. Thanks dude!

Random thought: What if Void weapons could shot out of the defender bubble? Would it be OP or would it be just the right amount of power that Defender needs?

I actually think it would be pretty balanced because if we look at the weapons...

There are currently no Void exotic primaries. Options would be: AE, WoC, all ToO primaries if you're good and/or lucky enough to get them.

Secondaries:
- Snipers have a visual cue given to warn opponents (glint).
- Fusion rifles have a visual cue of charging up.
- Shotguns, don't get close at all.
- Sidearms, currently none.

Heavies:
- You're going to die anyway. Lol.

Of course I'm not entirely convinced it wouldn't be OP, but on paper it almost sounds like it could work.

I really hope they follow through and re-balance the original 6.

Deku Tree

that's weird. didn't say that 2 weeks ago

Yeah it changed recently when they announced the patch sizes in the last BWU.

A minimum of 60 GB available hard drive storage space required as of September 2015 (PS4 and Xbox One). A minimum of 30 GB available hard drive storage space required as of September 2015 (PS3 and Xbox 360).

zewone

I exclusively use NLB... Thorn is good but, it conditions people to keep their head out thinking they can survive a single headshot at mid range. No one expects to be taken out in less than 0.3s.

Thorn nerf is going to make Ill Will and NLB fucking beast...

Legendary Pulse > Legendary HC

Now and especially post patch 2.0

Izuna

Banned
Legendary Pulse > Legendary HC

Now and especially post patch 2.0

No way, there is a range drop off and much higher TTK with the two-shot Pulse Rifles, plus if a guy is using better control you can end up missing too much.

After patch, afaik, they won't 2 shot if you have max armour on any class...

Frenden

Banned
Only thing I have done is use both, and I ended up scoring less kills with the Timur's... It might have worse handling? But yeah stat wise it seems negligible. Perhaps I was just lagging.

Max impact HCs are amazing and I hope they stay in.

Aim assistance, Equip Speed, and Recoil Direction all have better values for Lash according to Planet Destiny's item DB. Placebo?

The only value that isn't "better" necessarily, just different, is a base zoom of 15 on the Will vs. 17 (more zoomed in, slightly) on the Lash.

Namikaze1

Man, I hope the douche dies in that cinematic cutscene. He looks like he's about to.

Oryx, if you kill him, I will bring you the guardian responsible for killing your son. Well, on my Crota raid runs anyway. I was merely a spectator. I never struck your son. It was all Fig. She did it!

Top Bottom