• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

A big thanks to Ambitious, SentinalPrime, and SpecX for annihilating Hard Skolas and completing the last Triumph. Thanks also to those who offered their help but got beat by the draw.

Hopefully I can put in some help tomorrow. Right now I gotta try and get the wife back in good graces :p

I agree! Btw, sent you a PSN message from my phone so not sure if you saw it, but is 7:30 EST or so still good for you for a Skolas run?

On the way home now. Thanks dude!

Yep, works for me. Got a 3rd lined up as well, we should be good to go.

I could do at least one more Skolas run tonight afterwards, maybe 9pm EST if there's at least one or ideally two newbies looking to do it then. Otherwise I might try to do some Trials, depending on who is around for it.

zewone

No way, there is a range drop off and much higher TTK with the two-shot Pulse Rifles, plus if a guy is using better control you can end up missing too much.

After patch, afaik, they won't 2 shot if you have max armour on any class...
After using both, it's actually the fast firing PRs that are the ones to look out.

Oversoul Edict and especially Praedyth's Timepiece are much better than a perfectly rolled HC.

They fire too slow and are too easy to miss headshots with. I used a mini-hawkmoon for the first time last night, and they are pretty stinky and don't hold a candle to the exotic HCs.

Izuna

Banned
Aim assistance, Equip Speed, and Recoil Direction all have better values for Lash according to Planet Destiny's item DB. Placebo?

The only value that isn't "better" necessarily, just different, is a base zoom of 15 on the Will vs. 17 (more zoomed in, slightly) on the Lash.

Placebo indeed. But zoom may be it though. Slight changes in scope etc is why my Ambush Efrideet's has better hits than my Longbow with Shortgaze. It should be world's better but I'm just used to one over the other.

After using both, it's actually the fast firing PRs that are the ones to look out.

Oversoul Edict and especially Praedyth's Timepiece are much better than a perfectly rolled HC.

They fire too slow and are too easy to miss headshots with. I used a mini-hawkmoon for the first time last night, and they are pretty stinky and don't hold a candle to the exotic HCs.

I agree that Timepiece (omfg) >> 2 shot pulses for me, but a 5 bullet Ill Will, honestly, is just far better since a single shot with the pulse rifle and the enemy just runs away.

It's a situational thing for sure, but it's not a case of PR > HC, or HC > PR, it depends on where you are and what you are doing. There is definitely a benefit to LiTC HCs at a certain range where PRs just can't get all of the their hits on a sidestepping hunter...

I just realized that the Warlocks have some boots that looks like Radiant Dance Machines. hopefully it is to make the 'Locks to move faster or more grenades? I don't know, I am just excited for Stormcaller. Ahhhh.

todd360

I just realized that the Warlocks have some boots that looks like Radiant Dance Machines. hopefully it is to make the 'Locks to move faster or more grenades? I don't know, I am just excited for Stormcaller. Ahhhh.

It will make us faster than hunters. LOL

Bungie man. First more armor than titans and now extreme speed that would make sonic jealous.

Lnkn52

Shhhh, can't show too much excitement around these parts for these Warlocks. We will get lynched.

Mindlog

Blink for Sunsingers.
50f22OY.jpg

phen0m24

I'm sorry Zew could you say again that in GAF's good ear? Lol

Out of my mind, they said. ;)

Ophelion

Shhhh, can't show too much excitement around these parts for these Warlocks. We will get lynched.

Nah, we've got to normalize this stuff.

*clears throat* Hello, GAF. My name is Ophelion Vandemar and I am a Warlock through and through. I'm not sorry.

Frenden

Banned
Placebo indeed. But zoom may be it though. Slight changes in scope etc is why my Ambush Efrideet's has better hits than my Longbow with Shortgaze. It should be world's better but I'm just used to one over the other.

I agree that Timepiece (omfg) >> 2 shot pulses for me, but a 5 bullet Ill Will, honestly, is just far better since a single shot with the pulse rifle and the enemy just runs away.

It's a situational thing for sure, but it's not a case of PR > HC, or HC > PR, it depends on where you are and what you are doing. There is definitely a benefit to LiTC HCs at a certain range where PRs just can't get all of the their hits on a sidestepping hunter...

Yeah. Zoom/sights make a big difference for me, too. I trashed many good Hopscotch rolls until I got one with Sureshot.

The zoom difference with Ill Will and Lash makes me want to give Ill Will a second shot and see which I prefer.

I have never talked shit about Hunters or Titans. I just prefer Warlocks.
And no I don't use The Ram.

It will make us faster than hunters. LOL

Bungie man. First more armor than titans and now extreme speed that would make sonic jealous.

Gotta do what you gotta do to survive.

Shiv47

I could do at least one more Skolas run tonight afterwards, maybe 9pm EST if there's at least one or ideally two newbies looking to do it then. Otherwise I might try to do some Trials, depending on who is around for it.

I'd like to give Skolas a shot. Can do 9.

Juraash

So I hate to bitch about things in here...but damnit could they not use licensed music in trailers? Destiny has such great, epic music and they aren't tapping into it all. The footage looked super cool but Zeppelin? I can't think of anything less hype inducing.

I'd be up for trying out a Skolas run at 9pm est. I've never done it. Wouldn't mind trying Trials either since I haven't tried that yet either. PSN is MrJellyBean. Pretty sure I have you on my friends list.

So I hate to bitch about things in here...but damnit could they not use licensed music in trailers? Destiny has such great, epic music and they aren't tapping into it all. The footage looked super cool but Zeppelin? I can't think of anything less hype inducing.

I can't imagine how much that cost. I love Zeppelin but there's gotta be better uses for that cash.

Kalamari

I would blame Activision on this one, Bungie knows how great music can set a tone for the game.

I liked it, and thought it helped with giving it the feel of not taking itself too seriously. I just wish they had used someone other than Zeppelin since they already used that for the live action trailer. I don't want them to keyhole themselves into one artist. Maybe Aerosmith to mix it up but keep the feels consistent among trailers.

zewone

Anybody have an idea what the "stat boost" on the lower left corner is? Didn't start noticing it till I made this new Titan. Only happens in PvP, iirc.

It's a buff given to you if you're underleveled and haven't unlocked many of the perks your teammates and enemies have.

Like armor, agility, recovery perks.

Kalamari

Anybody have an idea what the "stat boost" on the lower left corner is? Didn't start noticing it till I made this new Titan. Only happens in PvP, iirc.

I had this for a while on my Hunter, but I don't notice it as much any more. I wonder if it's related to the newness of the character.

edit: nvm

EL CUCO

It's a buff given to you if you're underleveled and haven't unlocked many of the perks your teammates and enemies have.

Like armor, agility, recovery perks.

I had this for a while on my Hunter, but I don't notice it as much any more. I wonder if it's related to the newness of the character.

edit: nvm
Interesting. My Titan is level 34 with almost a maxed out Stryker subclass. Wonder if it's bugged.

zeppelin is better than anything you listen to

Top Bottom